• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what can they do with Ash? Will he challenge The Champion Rank? When you think about it, it kinda sounds like a water-down version of the current PWC. Champion- like trainers in one region instead of many trainers in one global tournament.
Considering how I feel about the PWC, having a watered down version of it doesn't really sound like much of a problem. Despite Ash defeating Champion level trainers, the tournament just never felt like it lived up to the pedestal that fans gave it. At least he would be battling against strong trainers consistently, something they didn't really do until the Hyper Class.

I think they could stay on Gen 9
1) Gou:
- Mew's expedition was supposed to last only a week (and it will take place in JN), so it can quickly return to Satoshi

- his dream of catching all the Pokémon might enable him to stay
I could see them needing to do more expeditions to find/learn about Mew. Staying with Project Mew full time would also kind of make sense given that is Goh's ultimate goal.

While Goh does want to catch all Pokemon to work his way back to Mew, he is mostly associated with the Galar starters. Pretty much all of the official artwork shows Goh with at least one of his Galar starters. He isn't quite as tied to the eighth generation as much as characters from the games would be, but I do think that's a noticeable connection all the same. I don't think that they'd just give him one or all of the Paldea starters instead. Considering how it was a really bad choice to do that with the Galar starters, I certainly hope that they wouldn't do that again.

2) Koharu:
- she is a student, and there is a school in Paldea, so she can go there for an exchange
Considering how her screentime in Journeys is so minimal, I really can't see Chloe sticking around for another series. I like Chloe and arguably the school setting would make it easier for her to be in the cast again than it would be for Goh, but when her appearances were tied down to Eevee evolutions and they've already shown all of them, I can't really see them keeping her around. It would make more sense to have another new character with an Eevee show off some of the new Terastal forms that Eevee could have instead.

I'm still pretty confident that both characters will leave. There might be more of a chance for Goh with his goal in mind, but even that is pretty slim. Since Ash will be the main lead because of course he is, it would be more appealing to have a new cast of characters to bounce around with instead of keeping to the same Ash and Goh dynamic. I love their friendship and dynamic, but not having anything new to work with for the main cast for another hundred or so episodes sounds a bit much.

And Team Rocket, just write them off if you aren't going to use them properly. These days they only get proper focus vs the evil team and at the league/M8. Honestly the VA's must feel frustrated, they are getting less and less focus since BW. And in JN, 3 appearances in the first 6 months, thank god they are in the Master Eight Tournament, otherwise who knows how many appearances they would have gotten.

They're rivals. Which means that they have the same goals as Ash and they would never be companions out of fear of them upstaging Ash. Plus there's speculation that Penny's actually the main villain.
I guess we will know soon, I hope

From the looks of it, there aren't any characters from the games who are suitable as companions.
Considering that we don't know all of the characters from the games yet, it might be a bit early to make that assumption. It wouldn't be surprising if they did go with anime original characters again, but I don't think that it would be impossible for them to have some of the characters from the games be the new companions.

They're rivals. Which means that they have the same goals as Ash and they would never be companions out of fear of them upstaging Ash. Plus there's speculation that Penny's actually the main villain.
That might not necessarily be the case. We don't know what Ash's goal would be in Paldea, so the characters being rivals might not in a position to upstage Ash. Although, the issue would be more like they have the same goal. Penny being the main villain is more speculation, so I can't really see that as a reason to not have her as part of the main cast. If anything, that could make her being a main character more likely when it could be an interesting twist and affects everyone in the cast too.

Honestly I can see the "academy" being more serious in constrast to the more laid-back "Pokémon school " in Alola.

We don't know for sure but Arven very much strikes me personally as less of a rival more of a travel buddy in the games, which sounds perfect for an anime companion to me

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Pikachu's Tera Type turned out to be Flying to tie in with the preorder bonus Pikachu.
I'm betting that there's gonna be some mechanic in the future that allows you to change a Pokemon's Tera Type or there will be an anime-exclusive way of doing it that applies only to Pikachu.

Considering how different both SM and Journey's were from their game counterparts for different reasons, assuming what we're seeing in the game trailers is how the anime will play out is definitely reaching a bit. Even if the next series takes place only in the new region the writers could still ignore half the new mechanics, story, the school, or characters anyway.

I don't think both of them would be Satoshi's rivals.
There are 3 storylines in Paldea and I think there is one rival for each of them.

Plot twist: The anime takes up a serious shonen high school setting in SV.
Considering how each series has its own tone part of time, that really wouldn't surprise me.

And really, after 2 series of mostly goofy comedy, I wouldn't mind a more dramatic Pokemon series (just a little more. They're only allowed so much seriousness after all)

I don't think both of them would be Satoshi's rivals.
There are 3 storylines in Paldea and I think there is one rival for each of them.
They are not going to become his traveling companions. Rivals never become traveling companions ... permanent ones, anyway. Friendly rivals like Barry and Tierno sometimes join Ash and his companions for a few episodes, but that's about it.
I could totally see Arven or Nemona hanging out with Ash and his friends from time to time, however, Penny seems like she might be an antagonist based on how Khu called her a b*tch and a badass in his tweets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have no idea why people think rivals will suddenly be main characters when that has never happened in the series before. The fact that these characters are rivals makes it unlikely for them to be any more than recurring characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom