• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. The writers just need to learn how to balance a character with a large number of Pokemon.
Which they've never been able to do successfully (lookin' at you BW, and that was only 9 that Ash caught there as opposed to Goh's 107,) so I don't have confidence they ever will.

(Oops, forgive the double post. Sorry! :cry:)

Last edited:
Anybody else still think Ash might end up as an instructor in this new series?
I would love to see something like that. Just make sure to age him up a few years. He doesn't have to be eighteen and there doesn't even have to be a timeskip. Just have it be that he is stated to be 13 or 14 at the start of the series (which would fit quite well, at least him being 13, if went with one episode equaling one day on average). Heck, for animating him, you could reuse the look, or at least physical structure, of XY Ash with maybe a few slight modifications and have that be good for him since XY Ash most certainly did look to be older than ten and quite possibly a young teenager.

I don't know I feel they could get away with him still being 10, especially sense the concept of a young child somehow teaching at a school actually isn't that unheard of of a trope in anime.

I don't know I feel they could get away with him still being 10, especially sense the concept of a young child somehow teaching at a school actually isn't that unheard of of a trope in anime.
We have children in this Universe who are Gym leaders (eg Clemont, Allister) or Champion (Iris), so a 10-year-old teacher would not be weird.

The anime has been quite happy to change Go's shouldermon over time and to have Go's bond with his Pokémon be mostly off screen. There isn't really any reason to think they wouldn't be willing to give Go a Gen 9 starter and have him leave the Galar starters with the rest of his Pokémon.
The fact tat they've been more than willing to change Goh's main partner is a big reason why I don't want them to do that with the Paldea starters. That would just be repeating the same mistake with giving Goh multiple starter Pokemon in the first place. It would also make it more likely for the Paldea starters to not get more attention, development or battles if the Galar starters are any indication. Plus, I think that replacing Goh's main partner in Journeys in itself has been a huge mistake. I really liked his connection to Cinderace and while their bond is still there, having Cinderace mostly on the sidelines so that Sobble and now Grookey could be on Goh's shoulders feels like something important was lost. It just isn't a good way of handling multiple starters.

It's also pretty unlikely that Goh would leave all of his Pokemon behind while he goes to Paldea. He doesn't really need to have a fresh start to his team like Ash does and since his goal is catching every Pokemon to work his way back to Mew, I don't see how going into a new region without any of his Pokemon would help him. I also can't see him leaving Cinderace behind when characters typically don't leave behind their first Pokemon behind when starting a new journey. It just make so much more sense to have a new character, whether they're from the games or another anime original character, join the cast to showcase ideally just one of the new starters instead of using Goh for that.

It does but it's not for a specific series. There's no "real" advertisements or merch for whatever the next series is yet. We usually don't get those till September. Remember in 2006 the first poster with Dawn and Dialga/Palkia, or the early XY and SM posters? Those were the first things that announced a new series properly

It is under the "Pocket Monsters" title. Which could mean that they may treat gen 9 similarly to how they treated Johto back in the day. Johto wasn't a separate series, but just a continuation of Kanto and Orange. So all the GS anime merchandise just fell under the "Pocket Monsters" title.

It is under the "Pocket Monsters" title. Which could mean that they may treat gen 9 similarly to how they treated Johto back in the day. Johto wasn't a separate series, but just a continuation of Kanto and Orange. So all the GS anime merchandise just fell under the "Pocket Monsters" title.
The only way I could see that happening is if they keep the world tour formula, but then it would be odd for Go/Koharu to be written out entirely. Unless they become recurring characters traveling separate from Ash on their own path. Besides that with the PWC coming to a close it would be weird to end it if the series is still going.

Anybody else still think Ash might end up as an instructor in this new series?
Still think he should be mentor for another main character..

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Pikachu's Tera Type turned out to be Flying to tie in with the preorder bonus Pikachu.
I dont think Flying move is the best option as a new type coverage. Dig / Extreem speed/ Play Rough are better options mainly because Aerial Ace is kind of another tackle and he already jumped alot to make attacks from above. It could feel like a downgrade in animation.

If you take Elecrroweb and stretch it as a way to Play Rough it is typical Ash. That way he wont realy replace Electroweb for another move.

The only way I could see that happening is if they keep the world tour formula, but then it would be odd for Go/Koharu to be written out entirely. Unless they become recurring characters traveling separate from Ash on their own path. Besides that with the PWC coming to a close it would be weird to end it if the series is still going.
With Ash most certainly losing to Cynthia or Leon, it would be odd if he gave up on his goal. There will be a new PWC season with focus on Tetastal strategies (although the anime is so flexible with types to begin with).

Go won't be written out. Chloe is just recurring to begin with. The new research base might as well be the Paldean academy.

With Ash most certainly losing to Cynthia or Leon, it would be odd if he gave up on his goal. There will be a new PWC season with focus on Tetastal strategies (although the anime is so flexible with types to begin with).

Go won't be written out. Chloe is just recurring to begin with. The new research base might as well be the Paldean academy.
Wait, was there a leak that indicated he is losing to Cynthia or Leon? I haven't been following anime leaks that closely.

I absolutely cannot see them doing the PWC again. Even if Ash loses, I don't think that they'd want to have Leon be his goal again when he wouldn't be marketing relevant. There will most likely be a Champion of Paldea, or at least some character from the Champion Rank that basically serves that role. More importantly, it doesn't really make sense to do another PWC after they hyped up the Master Class as the climax. Why rush through so much of the tournament, particularly the first half with those short on and off screen battles, if they were just going to do it again?

Considering that the PWC is easily one of my biggest problems with Journeys, I'm not really into the idea of another round for it in general, but I don't think it makes much sense with how they've handled it thus far. I'd rather have them actually keep the next series set primarily in Paldea, even if there's another home base, as opposed to doing more of the world tour gimmick with the PWC. While we have gotten some nice returns from a lot of older characters as a result of the world tour format, I'd argue that it wasn't worth losing out on featuring more new characters, Pokemon and locations. Ideally, there should have been a balance, but it's pretty clear that they weren't interested in even trying to do that, so I'd prefer if they just stayed in the new Paldea region this time around.

I haven't heard of any leaks, just this from the soundtrack that has people saying he'll lose.

Can't see him losing to Cynthia based off the interviews, but Leon could go either way.
I think people took that one out of context. He is not losing to Cynthia. But she is going to thrash him so badly that maybe he starts to despair and think he's a goner, at least until Lucairo saves the day.

I do think he may lose to Leon, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom