• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

blitzle stan

Reaction score
Yeah the very first thing I thought of at the end of the trailer was “hey diamonds, like Dialga, the time Pokémon, this must be time travel of some kind.”

So the connection to quantum physics and time isn’t surprising, especially with the legend and prof names spelling it out to us that time is a huge theme of these games. The real question is how much they will go into it (will WE time travel? Will there be a specific connection to Dialga? Etc)

Greninjaman

Ninja Assassin Frog
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him/He
Yeah the very first thing I thought of at the end of the trailer was “hey diamonds, like Dialga, the time Pokémon, this must be time travel of some kind.”

So the connection to quantum physics and time isn’t surprising, especially with the legend and prof names spelling it out to us that time is a huge theme of these games. The real question is how much they will go into it (will WE time travel? Will there be a specific connection to Dialga? Etc)
You know, I do wonder if Dialga will have an important role in this game, since it is the one that controls it after all. Assuming we do time travel, perhaps it's with the help of Dialga.

Stef50S

Reaction score
If we do get time travel in these games, I'm imagining that Koraidon will send you to the past and Miraidon will send you to the future respectively. Either that, or they are both able to travel to the past and future. Yes, this is basically just Back to the Future where you'll use a vehicle to time travel.

BackSet

Wings of the Hegemon
Reaction score
If we do get time travel in these games, I'm imagining that Koraidon will send you to the past and Miraidon will send you to the future respectively. Either that, or they are both able to travel to the past and future. Yes, this is basically just Back to the Future where you'll use a vehicle to time travel.
Woah, this is heavy.

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
if time travel is going to be a major thing in this game, they should incorporate time-related pokemon like dialga or celebi in some form. maybe they should be version exclusives (though then the game should also add Palkia and a Celebi equivalent somewhere, unrelated to the main quest)

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
You know, I do wonder if Dialga will have an important role in this game, since it is the one that controls it after all. Assuming we do time travel, perhaps it's with the help of Dialga.
I doubt it. Gen 7 had a large motif on alternate dimensions which is palkias thing. But palkias only mention was in a book in kukuis wife's lab, and on cyrus's team in ultra moon. They just had new pokemon species that could travel through dimensions. Palkia is more about keeping space stable (what a good job he's doing with all these multiverses interacting with each other lmao) and dialga is about the flow of time not time travel.

So the legendary pokemon could be time travelers, just like celebi. And aside from hgss and PLA we haven't touched on time travel in the game's to much.

Beer&Nyquil

getting sodas
Reaction score
Yeah celebi was the time travel dude before dialga, so they could always just say these guys control that too

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
"You are gonna time travel now."

"Me: neat take me to Hisui I'm gonna find Volo."

"What?"

"Me: Bitch did I stutter???"

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I doubt it. Gen 7 had a large motif on alternate dimensions which is palkias thing. But palkias only mention was in a book in kukuis wife's lab, and on cyrus's team in ultra moon. They just had new pokemon species that could travel through dimensions. Palkia is more about keeping space stable (what a good job he's doing with all these multiverses interacting with each other lmao) and dialga is about the flow of time not time travel.

So the legendary pokemon could be time travelers, just like celebi. And aside from hgss and PLA we haven't touched on time travel in the game's to much.
in mystery dungeon, dialga was capable of sending people to the past, so i see no reason why he can't do that. Palkia on the other hand has never shown control over alternate dimensions; i'd say that's Giratina's thing.

blitzle stan

Reaction score
in mystery dungeon, dialga was capable of sending people to the past, so i see no reason why he can't do that. Palkia on the other hand has never shown control over alternate dimensions; i'd say that's Giratina's thing.
Yeah I’d say Palkia could like… move things around throughout the current universe you’re in, but maybe not between universes/dimensions like where ultra space and stuff are? Seems less impressive just because anything we can see can move through 3D space already, while the 4th dimension (time) is unavailable to us.

Jimothy

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I always figured Palkia could maybe alter the distance between objects/locations? That kind of space, rather than stars and planets and Ultra Space and such.

And then yeah, I always assumed Dialga was more about managing the flow of time— could speed it up, slow it down, move it backwards— rather than Celebi-style time travel.

Beer&Nyquil

getting sodas
Reaction score
is there any real reason to believe palkia and dialga actually control time and space? i was always under the impression that they were more, like, watchdogs than anything else

Jimothy

Reaction score
is there any real reason to believe palkia and dialga actually control time and space? i was always under the impression that they were more, like, watchdogs than anything else
Not really, at least in the main series’ continuity. I think what you’re saying is perfectly likely.

The only thing I can think of that really supports what I was speculating is Smash Bros.

Minya_Nouvelle

Excited for Reptiles
Reaction score
I'm really liking the new Pokemon now that I've drawn them:

IMG_20220615_153651316~2.jpg

Drawing this has made me realize that Lechonk looks like a piggy bank.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Aw man, Banky would make a good name for Lechonk if I get a girl one. Gotta name a boy P-Chan...

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
In Pt, it is explicitly stated Cyrus needed the Red Chain because capturing the DP Legends in Poke Balls would prevent them from using their full spacetime manipulation abilities.

Top Bottom