• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I wonder if Nemona will get a Starter that the Player didn't pick?

Since there's always at least 1 unpicked Starter that gets taken by the Rival

In the Trailer we only saw her with Pawmi, Smolive and Lechonk tho so maybe a hint that we will get at least 1 or 2 more rivals?

Or they decide to do that thing they did in Gens 7 and Gen 8 where the last remaining Starter goes to the Champion

I wondered about her getting a starter as well, especially since she was only mentioned to have the other 3 new mons. Considering she seems to be present when we meet the starters, it would seem fitting for her to get one. Or she could be like Hau and already have a starter and it's just being left a surprise.

In the Trailer we only saw her with Pawmi, Smolive and Lechonk tho so maybe a hint that we will get at least 1 or 2 more rivals?

Not sure if we're quite getting multiple "rivals", but having multiple plot important characters has been a trend since Gen 5. Although in every gen except Gen 7 (where we had Hau, Lillie, and Gladion), it has been a rival of some kind. So odds are pretty high that we're going to be battling someone else throughout the game besides Nemona.

That being said, if Nemona is being promoted as the primary rival like she seems to be, she probably will. The primary rival always picks a starter Pokemon, so it would be breaking precedent if that weren't the case this time (but they very well could break precedent with this, there's nothing really stopping them).

I am realizing, part of the differences in what information we do not know about the game, really does likely have to do with this being an open world Pokemon and they are making it so that most of it can be discovered by playing, and people will tell eachother all about each new part they discover!!

I am realizing, part of the differences in what information we do not know about the game, really does likely have to do with this being an open world Pokemon and they are making it so that most of it can be discovered by playing, and people will tell eachother all about each new part they discover!!
They did that with SwSh too.

They didn't account for the leakers that got it a week early and the whole controversy thing. But they did try.

They did that with SwSh too.

They didn't account for the leakers that got it a week early and the whole controversy thing. But they did try.
Not all people follow leaks. And if you ask me, leaking information can be insensitive towards people who don't want to be spoiled. People who get the game early and leak it are basically abusing a privilege they have been given.

Not all people follow leaks. And if you ask me, leaking information can be insensitive towards people who don't want to be spoiled. People who get the game early and leak it are basically abusing a privilege they have been given.
Unless you cut out the internet for like an entire week...the week early leaks are pretty hard to avoid. Especially on places like Twitter or Tumblr where it's a constant minefield of untagged spoilers. Once somethings out on like Discord or Resetera it's going to be everywhere soon enough.

I agree that they're abusing their privilege. But at the same time, clout always wins out over morality.

Unless you cut out the internet for like an entire week...the week early leaks are pretty hard to avoid.
I agree that they're abusing their privilege. But at the same time, clout always wins out over morality.
Unfortunately true. Shame that leakers exist, otherwise the internet spoiler minefield wouldn't be a thing.

My guess for the next trailer:

• Region name
  • Between 3 and 9 new pokemon
  • Some new moves and abilities that those pokemon have
  • Some new battle feature(s) (not the battle gimmick, I mean stuff like horde battles, sky battles, SOS battles, max raid battles, etc)
  • Teasers of new areas
  • Maybe some gym leaders, or at least teases of the gyms

Where would I be able to add how terrible the updated BDSP CGI art was for Gen 4 characters?

And how they should never do that again lol.

At least the characters revealed so far have had drawn art. Also I suppose they need ones because it's all new.

But keep shit CGI out. It's official art, come on.

Like at this point I don't even care if it's in video form or not. Put a new pokemon up on the official website or something, jeeze.

Pokemon has been my hyperfixation for over 20 years but even I have my limits to how long my attention span can hold out without good stimuli. And right now without leaks the only stimuli I have right now is caving and trying a nuzlocke on one of my games or finding a plush I didn't have yet while out shopping. (Added Lucario and Riolu this month! WOOT.)

I hope sprig3 looks like this, I would be very happy. (by @axlgalay_art on instagram)

e1sbr6u1zsk81.jpg

Back
Top Bottom