• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'm going to make a bold prediction here and say that I think at least one of the Legends ancestors who we aren't as sure about will be confirmed in SV. Something like the Villain Team's admins looking a lot like Adaman & Irida. Or (God forbid) Melli's descendant being the Poison-type Gym Leader in PokeSpain.

Like at this point I don't even care if it's in video form or not. Put a new pokemon up on the official website or something, jeeze.

Pokemon has been my hyperfixation for over 20 years but even I have my limits to how long my attention span can hold out without good stimuli. And right now without leaks the only stimuli I have right now is caving and trying a nuzlocke on one of my games or finding a plush I didn't have yet while out shopping. (Added Lucario and Riolu this month! WOOT.)

Yeah, we are in dire need of official news. The June trailer was good, it gave us a little bit more, but not quite enough and we still have major questions about this game. What's the region name and map? What's going on with gyms in this game? What's the burst gimmick? Are there any interesting gameplay mechanics or game modes besides the 4 player co-op? They've been much quieter on this game than usual and unless you like open world gameplay (which I do, but I can admit that there's a lot they still need to tell us), you're probably not going to be too excited yet.

I hope sprig3 looks like this, I would be very happy. (by @axlgalay_art on instagram)

e1sbr6u1zsk81.jpg
This design is absolutely lovely and what I would envision Sprigatito's final form to look like given the rumors flying about. I'd imagine the hat is stylized fur while the cape is plant-based. I really like how its tail is wielded as a scimitar weapon too; it evokes Decidueye and Rillaboom's physiology playing a part in how they battle. I'd probably change the eyes a bit to make them more cat-like, but other than that this is great.

Really any mammal can produce milk, that's a defining characteristic of mammals and where the name comes from. It's more a matter of which animals produce milk that's sold on the market, and that's mainly cows and goats (and probably a few others I'm forgetting). You cannot, to my knowledge, buy human's milk through legitimate channels and they're certainly not going to acknowledge that in a kid's game because it has adult implications. If they want to have Gogoat milk because some region is known for selling goat milk, sure, but other than that it's Miltank all the way.

My guess for the next trailer:

• Region name
  • Between 3 and 9 new pokemon
  • Some new moves and abilities that those pokemon have
  • Some new battle feature(s) (not the battle gimmick, I mean stuff like horde battles, sky battles, SOS battles, max raid battles, etc)
  • Teasers of new areas
  • Maybe some gym leaders, or at least teases of the gyms
They're gonna have to drop starter evolutions if they want to revive the hype for these games, the hype is so dead actually. Like!

The music is really nice. :bulbaLove: I like that they had Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco listening to the performance.

The music is really nice. :bulbaLove: I like that they had Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco listening to the performance.

As cool as a live band performance is, the fact that its just the Main Theme once again which barely changes does little to amp up any hype for me. It would have been a lot cooler if we had a medley of some new tracks to get a feel for what the new Region sounds like. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom