• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

As cool as a live band performance is, the fact that its just the Main Theme once again which barely changes does little to amp up any hype for me. It would have been a lot cooler if we had a medley of some new tracks to get a feel for what the new Region sounds like. :unsure:

Oh yes, I can't wait until we can hear some more of the music for the different locations :bulbaWave:

As cool as a live band performance is, the fact that its just the Main Theme once again which barely changes does little to amp up any hype for me. It would have been a lot cooler if we had a medley of some new tracks to get a feel for what the new Region sounds like. :unsure:
It's based on the Spanish pasodoble

I think it's a bit unnoticed because they already used Pasodoble influences all the way back in Gen 1. Granted they were indirect, but still.
I think that if you aren't from Spain it's difficult to notice, and even so I think that the majority have not noticed it either, at least from the comments I have seen.

Last edited:
I think that if you aren't from Spain it's difficult to notice, and even so I think that the majority have not noticed it either, at least from the comments I have seen.
People who play video games have probably heard it before unbeknownst to them. Especially through games that sampled non-Spanish classical musicians that borrowed the style themselves and operas.

So I don't think you have to be from Spain to understand it. You just probably have to be familiar with diffrent musical styles to notice it and not just write it off as generic video game music.

I will be entirely honest I can't really tell the difference between this main theme and the previous ones. At least in this orchestral version (Not sure if this is just an adaptation or the actual theme as it will be in game).

Has there been ANYTHING new recently? I have not really been keeping up much.
Nope, just some peculiar leaks that could be true.

Wait... Is this a call for me posting that classic Bulbagarden news drought meme again?

I like to be surprised when playing a new game, but it does make it hard to talk about them pre-release.

The lack of updates for this month has been so weird. It's typical that they don't provide much news after the initial announcement for new main series titles for a few months. But after May or June, they provide monthly updates right up until the games are released. Even the minimal news for BD/SP and Legends Arceus managed to do that. Over a month with no news seems extremely odd during this time of the pre-release season and it kind of makes me wonder if there has been some kind of issue. Maybe not with the games themselves, but just their advertising decisions or other behind the scenes problems.

That being said, it was still nice to hear that live band performance and seeing the plush forms of the starters watching it in the audience was extra cute. I'd be more okay with the lack of news this month if I could get all of those plush toys right now. I especially want that Fuecoco plush toy since from the moment I saw it, I knew that Fuecoco was made for hugs.

It is kind of strange how I went on vacation for two weeks and we didn't get any new trailers or announcements during that time. I guess we'll just have to wait until August. It would be funny if the next trailer was released on August 1st just like in June.

The lack of updates for this month has been so weird. It's typical that they don't provide much news after the initial announcement for new main series titles for a few months. But after May or June, they provide monthly updates right up until the games are released. Even the minimal news for BD/SP and Legends Arceus managed to do that. Over a month with no news seems extremely odd during this time of the pre-release season and it kind of makes me wonder if there has been some kind of issue. Maybe not with the games themselves, but just their advertising decisions or other behind the scenes problems.

That being said, it was still nice to hear that live band performance and seeing the plush forms of the starters watching it in the audience was extra cute. I'd be more okay with the lack of news this month if I could get all of those plush toys right now. I especially want that Fuecoco plush toy since from the moment I saw it, I knew that Fuecoco was made for hugs.
Actually BDSP and Legends Arceus only got their second trailers in August but I guess the former didn't really have much new stuff and the latter was later than usual main series games

Actually BDSP and Legends Arceus only got their second trailers in August but I guess the former didn't really have much new stuff and the latter was later than usual main series games
I could have sworn that we got the first major update for both games after their initial announcement in June. I don't recall what they had for BD/SP off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that's when they first revealed some of the Hisuian forms like Huisian Growlithe and actually revealed the Hisui region proper. I'm positive that they didn't go through almost all last summer without any update for either game.

Yeah, LA released two months later than usual (it released January instead of the usual November), so releasing a trailer in August is about the same time as if they released a trailer in June for a typical game.

I could have sworn that we got the first major update for both games after their initial announcement in June. I don't recall what they had for BD/SP off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that's when they first revealed some of the Hisuian forms like Huisian Growlithe and actually revealed the Hisui region proper. I'm positive that they didn't go through almost all last summer without any update for either game.

You must not remember very well, because we didn't get their initial announcement in June either. BDSP and LA were announced in February on Pokemon Day like most games and we waited all the way until August for the next news batch. So no, we did in fact go through the whole summer without any update for those two games.

You must not remember very well, because we didn't get their initial announcement in June either. BDSP and LA were announced in February on Pokemon Day like most games and we waited all the way until August for the next news batch. So no, we did in fact go through the whole summer without any update for those two games.
I think you could have corrected me without saying that I must not remember very well. While it might not have been intentional, that just felt like a pretty rude, if not judgemental and condescending, way to point out my mistake.

Last edited:
TBH, I used to like leak seasons. But sometime after Sun and Moon they just became a means of chasing clout. They just stopped being fun after awhile.

That coupled with the games being all but spoiled upfront by the trailers around the same time...yeah there really hasn't been a good release cycle/leak season for years now.

Back
Top Bottom