• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I just thought about something (sorry if this was mentioned by someone else before)...
Since by now the past/future thing being pretty much confirmed, what if you have different regional variants of the same Pokémon? Kinda like a "past form" in Scarlet and a "modern form" in Violet. If we extend this thought a little and go a little crazy I could even see the box legendary being the same Pokémon, just in different states of their evolution because it had to adjust to the changing surroundings of it's region (unless the name(s) are already published and I missed it).

I just thought about something (sorry if this was mentioned by someone else before)...
Since by now the past/future thing being pretty much confirmed, what if you have different regional variants of the same Pokémon? Kinda like a "past form" in Scarlet and a "modern form" in Violet. If we extend this thought a little and go a little crazy I could even see the box legendary being the same Pokémon, just in different states of their evolution because it had to adjust to the changing surroundings of it's region (unless the name(s) are already published and I missed it).
we already know the legends are called koraidon and miraidon

Past is represented by Hisuian Forms, at least.

we already know the legends are called koraidon and miraidon
Nevermind then, my bad
Past is represented by Hisuian Forms, at least.
Well they could do something like hisuian forms being Scarlet exclusive and alolan (or galarian) forms being Violet exclusive, but I kinda thought like (let's use Smolive for that hypothetical matter) how fruits changed by selective breeding and/or environmental influences. Fruits used to be way different before domesticated by humans.

Domestication_of_the_banana.jpg

So there could be a "traditional" Smolive which is more primitive and a "domesticated" Smolive which changed in appearance (and maybe even differences in type or abilities or stuff like that).

Obviously, this is unlikely (at least for Smolive specifically), but I could still imagine a world where they do something like that. However, even if they would do it, I'm pretty certain that it would be limited to only a small amount of evolution lines.

I wish someone had asked Kaka if diving is available in the game. I found some hints, possibly?

Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_12.14.14_pm.png
Screen_Shot_2022-07-27_at_12.15.21_pm.png

IMG_5287.jpeg
IMG_5288.jpeg

In the trailer, you can see a crate of treasure and stacked up neatly against the crate are long pieces of rolled up canvas/paper - what I believe could be nautical maps?

The crate contains a ton of gold coins and 3 neatly stacked gold bars, these are commonly found in Spanish shipwrecks (due to weather aka hurricanes or pirates), since Spain would deliver gold, copper and silver items to the rest of the world.

Calling it now, you’re gonna be able to do diving and explore sunken shipwrecks for treasure. Kaka also said
Rotom was a navigation device and it was removed.

It could be that
the coin-mon that evolves into Ningen (golden person)
could be a sunken treasure item, a golden statue that is possessed by a spirit of a deceased sailor/captain?

If I've learned anything from how well-received ORAS was and how they marketed the PLA trailers (the internet broke when they revealed you could fly on Hisuian Braviary), I strongly believe they're going to have underwater diving be "The Thing" in the next trailer that makes EVERYBODY get heckin' hyped for the game and start throwing money furiously at their preorders.

4th of August can't come fast enouuuuugh!

Why does it ALWAYS happen when I'm focused on another series? Lol it never fails.

Really excited though. I wasn't really as anxious for news as others but I always get really hyped up when news actually is announced. Presents are always fun.

For me, it will be at 2300 Wednesday night (I am only 60 minutes ahead of Japan, so not much of a time difference here in Melbourne, Australia). A lot of people on the internet were predicting an announcement within the next couple of days, and it has been confirmed (especially with pre-orders starting at around the same time).

Some of my hopes? The region name, as well as the possibility for a new Eeveelution (some people are neighsayers, but never say never). But we could get new titles as well.

Back
Top Bottom