• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Just when I was about to post the news drought meme... Kyogre decided to spoil the fun.

View attachment 162258
I swear some of the older legendaries really didn't translate from 2D sprites to 3D models all that fluidly, which is odd since a lot of Gen 4 and Gen 5 ordinary route Pokemon designs actually look much better as 3D models than sprites.

does the marketing really affect anyone here's decision to buy the game, or our enjoyment of the game once it's out? if no, then i don't really understand why it matters so much how it's marketed.

We're not the target of the marketing because they know most of us are paying close attention to the marketing and will probably buy it. The marketing is meant more for casual players that aren't paying attention to gaming news and might not even be aware that SV exist yet or what's in them. At best they're hoping that we share the news to our friends and followers so they buy the games too. It's about awareness more than hype. The issue with us is that we all know the game exists, but we don't know much about what's in it, so some of us might not have enough to know if we'll like it, that's where the marketing has so far failed.

Today is the day! I'm not gonna make any predictions and just see what happens. Would be nice to see some info on the potential new gimmick and maybe some regional forms. Let's get it :wynaut:

It'll be interesting to see how the academy stuff happens. I guess it won't take much of the story. The new gimmick also looks quite interesting
I'm really curious what the other two stories will be? My guess would be that one of them will be focusing on the treasure hunting aspect (or maybe exploring the Terra-forgot the name-phenomenon) and the other one being pokedex related or focusing on the threat of the region.
Also - yay, regional wooper :bulbaLove:

Deerling and Sawsbuck are catchable in the wild let's freaking go!!!!

Gosh that trailer got me hyped. All those shots of seeing the world, gosh there was so much I could hardly even register when something new was shown off! I think I need to watch it a couple more times just to wrap my head around it!

I'm really curious what the other two stories will be? My guess would be that one of them will be focusing on the treasure hunting aspect (or maybe exploring the Terra-forgot the name-phenomenon) and the other one being pokedex related or focusing on the threat of the region.
Also - yay, regional wooper :bulbaLove:
Maybe whatever those flags are is another story.

The region is called Paldea, and has three arcs (I hope we get DLC for more). Wooper has a regional form. It looks like Pikachu and Eevee retain their original cries as opposed to being voiced by Otani Ikue and Yuki Aoi. A lot of Pokémon that were not in SwSh and BDSP have been showcased, although I still assume Dexit is in place here.

The game looks very promising, and I'm truly looking forward to it.

I'm curious how Deerling is going to work. Are seasons back or is it just going to be diffrent forms for diffrent areas (Winter for snowy areas, etc.) and work like Oricorio?
I can assume Deerling would be found in different habits, or you get the other forms from Pokémon GO. Hopefully the same applies to Vivillon and Furfrou, given their very high demand in HOME.

Sounds to me like the story will be kind of like a cross between XY & SM, with several different NPCs that have different goals as Trainers (aka differing views of what it is they “treasure most”)

Gimmick sounds like it could be really interesting as well, way better than Dynamax for sure.

Back
Top Bottom