• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Probably the former, the SWSH DLC had nothing to do with the main games story and you could do it whenever (Granted they forgot to make the Crown Tundra Scale so its only really doable post game or if you powerlevel)

Also to talk more Scarlet and Violet-y, We know that at least some gyms take place outside of what seems to be the Gym Building, so does that mean Gym Puzzles/Challenges are not in this game or will you like, do the challenge in the building then once you reach the end you leave to go battle the leader?

I have a feeling they make the concept of Minor Leaders drip over into SV and they are a last test after the gym puzzles/challenges to see if you are strong enough for the gym leader. I feel like this is a good way of doing it if the gyms don't scale.

In re-watching the recent trailer again, I noticed that Grusha sent out his Cetaitain in a regular Poke Ball. So are gym leaders back to using basic Poke Balls again? If so, that's rather disappointing. I was liking how more recent games were more diverse with the Poke Balls opponents used, with most Gym Leaders using Ultra Balls, but some others like Nessa using Dive Balls and Allister using Dusk Balls. It would be really disappointing to take such a step backwards. I'm hoping there's a chance this could be changed before release, but I doubt it. :confused_emoji:
I mean what special pokeballs can ice gym leaders use? Kabu uses regular pokeballs, because there is no "fire" pokeball. Milo doesn't use nest balls, and there is no "ice ball" for Grusha. It depends on the type, the water gym leaders yeah have dive balls, what ball could grusha use?

I mean what special pokeballs can ice gym leaders use? Kabu uses regular pokeballs, because there is no "fire" pokeball. Milo doesn't use nest balls, and there is no "ice ball" for Grusha. It depends on the type, the water gym leaders yeah have dive balls, what ball could grusha use?
Luxury balls because sparkles or heal balls due to lens flare or even dive balls because whale?

But yeah, I still agree it's because there's no ice type ball. I'm sure at least one other gym leader or teacher or rival is going to use at least one type of non-standard pokeball.

I don't think they announced a specific time for the news, but I believe the closing ceremony is supposed to start at 8am PST, so sometime around then maybe.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high for this trailer. World Championship reveals in the past haven't been all that big. I think we'll see one, maybe two Pokemon at most. Looking forward to new info nevertheless.

I don't think they announced a specific time for the news, but I believe the closing ceremony is supposed to start at 8am PST, so sometime around then maybe.
Yeah the supposed time is 8am PST however it may happen earlier, often times the sections end earlier than the estimated times because rarely do battles go to the time limit.

Kabu along with most of the other gym leaders uses Ultra Balls. I was expecting to see the same thing here.

As expected, the news wasn't super hype. I don't care too much for Pokemon battles so the only thing really exciting for me was the new Pokemon. But it was pretty exciting nevertheless. I do like how they chose to focus on the battling aspect though, considering this news is from Worlds. Cyclizar looks pretty cool, and I do wonder if it will have any connection to Koraidon/Miraidon.

Aight, I'm going back to bed lol.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220821-120910.png

Could be random placeholders, but the default player trainer names maaay be Juliana for the girl, and Florian for the boy

The Worlds trailer was cool. I like the new items and the new move Tera Blast is cool. It's nice that Terrastalizing will have so much diversity with its usage. Also, it's neat how the design for the ghost-type Tera Jewel is like the gen 1 ghost.

Cylizar is cute. Looks like a baby Koraidon and Miraidon and I like that Paldean citizens ride them. I mean it's only fair since the player will get to ride the legendaries.

I wonder if Julina and Florian, the names used for the trainers, will be the official names for the PCs.

View attachment 162917
Could be random placeholders, but the default player trainer names maaay be Juliana for the girl, and Florian for the boy
I think they are placeholders. Usually, the names have more of a connection to the games' titles. And Florian just means blonde, but the boy seems to be brown-haired so...

Cyclizard = Koraidon/Miraidon base stage?

I personally doubt it

A Pokémon That Lives with Humans​

This Pokémon has lived in many households in the Paldea region since ancient times.

Which means many households have a legendary, which i doubt they will do, since it makes Koraidon and Miradion less special.

I personally doubt it

A Pokémon That Lives with Humans​

This Pokémon has lived in many households in the Paldea region since ancient times.

Which means many households have a legendary, which i doubt they will do, since it makes Koraidon and Miradion less special.
I wrote this comment immediately after they were done showing the trailer during the ending ceremony, it wasn't stated there so I couldn't have known at that moment lol. I even just re-watched the trailer to see if I've missed the statement and only after that I checked the website, so my bad, I was relying on trailer info only :)

Back
Top Bottom