• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Cyclizard is probably related to Koraidon and Miraidon in the same way Carbink is related to Diance, it doesn't evolve directly into the pokemon but something happened that caused Cyclizard to mutate into these pokemon.
I don't even nessecarily think its a present form because this would be a massive evolutionary downgrade from Koraidon of the past.

Cyclizard is probably related to Koraidon and Miraidon in the same way Carbink is related to Diance, it doesn't evolve directly into the pokemon but something happened that caused Cyclizard to mutate into these pokemon.
I don't even nessecarily think its a present form because this would be a massive evolutionary downgrade from Koraidon of the past.
Counterpoint; Magikarp has dex entries that state it was somewhat stronger in the past than in the present. There’s no reason it couldn’t have weakened in terms of battle prowess since domestication supposedly made that unnecessary, kind of like how domestic wolves became dogs. Of course, this begs the question of what kind of catastrophe might have forced Cyclizar to become Miraidon…

Of course, this begs the question of what kind of catastrophe might have forced Cyclizar to become Miraidon…
The Machine Emperor Genocide. And that caused the last survivors to send it back into the past to become Miraidon and prevent teh bad future from happening.

If you know, you know.

Maybe it's an in-between stage? It runs like Koraidon, but its body is a lot less...feathery like Miraidon.

The Machine Emperor Genocide. And that caused the last survivors to send it back into the past to become Miraidon and prevent teh bad future from happening.

If you know, you know.
So what you're saying is only by riding on Cyclizard and achieving the Clear Mind will it finally Accel-Evolve into Miraidon and overcome the three Meklords? :unsure:

Time to rev it up I guess. :cool:

Did anyone catch the specifics of Tera Blast? I'm assuming this is a move available once the Pokemon terastallizes?
According to the website it is a TM move, when not terastallized it's normal type, with it changing type when you do terastallize. On another note it also uses your higher attack stat so both physical and special attackers can make use of it.

According to the website it is a TM move, when not terastallized it's normal type, with it changing type when you do terastallize. On another note it also uses your higher attack stat so both physical and special attackers can make use of it.
The website gives more info. It is a tm and is just normal type when not terastallized
Thanks for the clarification!

Counterpoint; Magikarp has dex entries that state it was somewhat stronger in the past than in the present. There’s no reason it couldn’t have weakened in terms of battle prowess since domestication supposedly made that unnecessary, kind of like how domestic wolves became dogs. Of course, this begs the question of what kind of catastrophe might have forced Cyclizar to become Miraidon…
My guess that there was no catastrophe needed. It was domesticated, so maybe it's just another instance of real evolution in the games. I mean, it stopped flying when people started keeping them as pets and ended up evolving beyond the need of feathers and it has yet to evolve the need for jet engines and LED display eyes.

It's also possible that it just stopped evolving after it was domesticated and the raidons are just ancient/future evolved forms that supposedly don't exist anymore/yet.

Last edited:
Now that I am a lot more awake, I'm watching the new trailer again and I have to say it's a lot more exciting now. Cyclizar is adorable (though not quite Koraidon levels of cute yet). He's just a little lizard guy. I'm absolutely fascinated to see what his connection to the legendaries will be if there is any. A solid Pokemon that's for sure. I also like how its design definitely looks like a mashup of both the box legends. It's a little sleeker and rounded like Miraidon, but has a similar tail and leg shape to Koraidon.

All the new Pokemon designs they have revealed so far have been solid, and I definitely think I am going to have a difficult time choosing my team members for this generation.

Cyclizar is my new friend and I must protect him. I hope it either has decent stats or an evolution because they're a very tempting party option right now--Shed Tail tools amazing, especially if they have good hit points.

I personally doubt it

A Pokémon That Lives with Humans​

This Pokémon has lived in many households in the Paldea region since ancient times.

Which means many households have a legendary, which i doubt they will do, since it makes Koraidon and Miradion less special.
I read a theory that says that cyclizar could evolve in the past , but cant in the present. Just like ursaring and stantler could evolve in the past , but cant evolve in the present. In the future, scientists will try to make cyclizar evolve again by using tecnology, so they created Miraidon. Maybe they only knew Koraidon through paintings , so they thought that it used its floating sac as wheels, thus , while making miraidon, they made real wheels on its throat!

Its totally possible for a common pokemon to have a legendary evolution, they just have to make it evolve using a legendary item that only works once. From the point of view of the characters in game, you´re like a rich person that has a very expensive motorcycle that very few people can buy , instead of the regular motorcycles that they see everyday. Some people will call you a lengend, some will envy you.

Now that Cyclizar has been revealed, it has given me an idea. What if you're first assigned a Cyclizar to use for travelling around the region and then when you reach the end of the story you get to use either Koraidon or Miraidon. I know that Cyclizar doesn't look like it has a gliding mode but in Legends Arceus Hisuian Braviary was saved for the last area. I know this probably isn't the case but from a progression standpoint it would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom