• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I watched the reveal of the new trailer on AceTrainerLiam's channel on youtube. Someone in the comments on that livestream suggested that the two pokemon, Armarogue & Ceruledge look like riders for the legendary pokemon for each version and thought that is probably what they will be.

I know another comment Sophie (AceTrainerLiam's girlfriend) said Ceruledge looks like another character from a different franchise. I forget what it was. Not really a fan of Klawf. It's eyes look dopey and ridiculous to me. Someone on the livestream suggested that these pokemon above (Armarogue and Ceruledge) are just possible pre-evolutions or possible different forms of the legendaries as well though I don't see it too much with Armarogue.

I watched the reveal of the new trailer on AceTrainerLiam's channel on youtube. Someone in the comments on that livestream suggested that the two pokemon, Armarogue & Ceruledge look like riders for the legendary pokemon for each version and thought that is probably what they will be.

I know another comment Sophie (AceTrainerLiam's girlfriend) said Ceruledge looks like another character from a different franchise. I forget what it was. Not really a fan of Klawf. It's eyes look dopey and ridiculous to me. Someone on the livestream suggested that these pokemon above (Armarogue and Ceruledge) are just possible pre-evolutions or possible different forms of the legendaries as well though I don't see it too much with Armarogue.
1. I don't think there will ever be another rider Pokémon. That's Calyrex's thing. The same as how there won't be another fusion Pokémon due to Kyurem.

2. We don't know (officially) if they have a pre-evolution or not or if they're normal everyday Pokémon or legendaries.

I am curious if we will ever see multiple evolutions of a pokemon (other than the starters) or if we will only ever see a single stage. If I remember correctly the only evolution line we got to see in swsh trailers was gossifluer.

Wait, isn't Ceruledge our first humanoid Ghost type? I don't mean a bipedal Ghost type like Zoroark or Banette, but something actually having a body shape that resembles the human form like Mr. Mime and Jynx.

Wait, isn't Ceruledge our first humanoid Ghost type? I don't mean a bipedal Ghost type like Zoroark or Banette, but something actually having a body shape that resembles the human form like Mr. Mime and Jynx.
Marshadow, again.

802Marshadow-Alt.png

Even if it's like a...teddy bear shape.

1. I don't think there will ever be another rider Pokémon. That's Calyrex's thing. The same as how there won't be another fusion Pokémon due to Kyurem.

2. We don't know (officially) if they have a pre-evolution or not or if they're normal everyday Pokémon or legendaries.

Not only do we have the different Necrozma forms, which are fusions with Solgaleo and Lunala, but the Calyrex forms are basically fusions with Glastrier and Spectrier. In other words, there's nothing stopping Game Freak from making another Pokemon that has a steed it rides.

I am curious if we will ever see multiple evolutions of a pokemon (other than the starters) or if we will only ever see a single stage. If I remember correctly the only evolution line we got to see in swsh trailers was gossifluer.

We also saw the entire Galarian Zigzagoon family when it was first revealed. It would be nice to see some evolutions, especially of the starters, but they'll most likely just be surprises we find by playing the game unless you look at the leaks.

Somthing I noticed is that, the evil team flag things on the map don't actually seem to be right next to the bases you have to raid. For example the Fire squad's flag is at the red but the actual base is in the purple.
1662737734116.png

As evidenced by how the base doesn't look anything like the water surrounded red area and also the map on the right of this shot which shows the location of parts of the 3 stories (Side Note: The map on the left shows that the art map isn't 100% accurate)
1662737897928.png

Do we know for ABSOLute sure that there will be no level scaling? Is it possible that there could be a limit to how much the levels scale (Perhaps one Gym has a Level scale between 10 and 15 for example)?

Do we know for ABSOLute sure that there will be no level scaling? Is it possible that there could be a limit to how much the levels scale (Perhaps one Gym has a Level scale between 10 and 15 for example)?
Not as far as I'm aware, though one of the screenshots on the official site (near the bottom of this page) shows the player with a level 15 fighting Fuecoco fighting Mela's level 27 Torkoal. That at least points against Bethesda style strict scaling because the current trend to make the games easy means they won't scale an enemy 12 levels above the player.

Of course and production screenshots don't always show an accurate version of the game itself. Got an old DOS game where the back of the case shows the player controlling an AI-only character.

10.9 in-thread
Getting Astral Chain vibes from Ceruledge. Its design and colour scheme really reminds me of the sword legion. Seeing some Cammuravi in Armarouge as well.
--
That said, we'd really prefer if leaks in this thread were kept under spoiler tags. Not everyone will want to see the leaks, just a quick message (y)

Although the fact that they are 5'3 and 4'11 begs the question of who exactly... wore the armor.
I'm not really sure why this is unusual. I thought there was a period in time when the average height was shorter than it was today. Plus it's not totally unheard of for adults today to be less than 5 feet.

However, Ceruledge is giving me Joan of Arc vibes and she is theorized to have been 5'3. I feel like Armarouge is probably a reference to some other person or folklore too, but I can't quite place it.

Honestly I find the cartoonish proportions of some parts of the armor more unusual than the rather low height if they're supposed to have belonged to humans in the past.
Edit: I actually like the designs. They look like Robot Masters. It's cool.
But they seem to have designed them as "monsters with armor parts" more than "monster wearing human armor" despite that being the backstory.

Last edited:
Something I noticed is that everything they showed off in the trailer is on the right bit of the map.
Klawf seems to be fought in that orangeish craggy area to the right of mesagoza.
Brassius is at the town right after that area
and the Fire Squad is further down that same right side path

I doubt it means much but I noticed and found it interesting.

Something I noticed is that everything they showed off in the trailer is on the right bit of the map.
Klawf seems to be fought in that orangeish craggy area to the right of mesagoza.
Brassius is at the town right after that area
and the Fire Squad is further down that same right side path

I doubt it means much but I noticed and found it interesting.

Its the trailers secretly leading you towards one path, because the other path is harder because
No level scaling

Back
Top Bottom