• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Is anyone else disappointed that they stopped doing the guide books?

I know as a pure source of information they are considered somewhat obsolete but I really liked them from the collector standpoint.

I know as a pure source of information they are considered somewhat obsolete but I really liked them from the collector standpoint.
Considering how easily we can get information on the internet, it's not hard to see why.

Don't they still do them? I distinctly recall there being one for SWSH at least. Through all those "Playing X pokemon game how Nintendo/Gamefreak intended" videos.

Congrats! It's 14 minutes of absolutely fucking nothing! Except a new giraffe! And a reskinned mechanic under a different name!

It appears that they are indeed permanently having TMs be single use items, although there's a machine now where you can make more of them.

It appears that they are indeed permanently having TMs be single use items, although there's a machine now where you can make more of them.
Makes sense. Having them be infinite use items would ruin the point of making more TMs. Plus, they likely realized that having them be infinite use makes them kind of overpowered in the sense that one could teach any Pokemon any of the moves.

Congrats! It's 14 minutes of absolutely fucking nothing! Except a new giraffe! And a reskinned mechanic under a different name!
I'd say we got plenty of new information and more detailed version of old information. So I think the trailer was full of content.

You can even set a way point anywhere on the map!
Well, this shouldn't even be worth noting in an open world game lol.
Did anyone else get the feeling that Fuecoco was kinda left behind in the new trailer? XD
Generally I'm rather disappointed, 80% of the trailer where old news imo.

*Sad to see they undid PLA's battle UI enhancements.
*"The list of TMs you can make at the TM Machine has been updated!"
Hmmm...it looks like once you find a TM you can make more of it. Makes sense though it looks very grindy.
*Titans seem incredibly weak based off what we see. I'm expecting another Sw/Sh with zero difficulty.
*So, Girafarig has an evo now.
*Koraidon at the picnic. Is this late-game footage, does your ride always attend the picnics, or do you actually get them as battle members early on? Time will tell.
*The egg just shows up under the picnic table. I don't even want to think about the implications.

A good amount of info but I didn't find it very encouraging overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom