• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I didn't bother to look for the english website so this will have to do.
Zudem zeigt sie dir die Pokémon an, mit denen du gerade unterwegs bist, und du kannst ein Profilbild auswählen, bei dem du ganz nach deinem Geschmack Kleidung, Frisuren, Posen und Filter kombinieren kannst.
Translation:
It also shows the Pokémon, that are currently following you on your journey and you can choose a profile picture on which you can combine clothes, hair styles, poses and filters as you wish.

So we will be able to change clothes, although I'm not sure if this limits us to clothes that are still resembling the school designs (like some kinda paldean academy themed selection of diverse types of clothes) or if we are actually able to buy/wear other things as well.

I didn't bother to look for the english website so this will have to do.
Zudem zeigt sie dir die Pokémon an, mit denen du gerade unterwegs bist, und du kannst ein Profilbild auswählen, bei dem du ganz nach deinem Geschmack Kleidung, Frisuren, Posen und Filter kombinieren kannst.
Translation:
It also shows the Pokémon, that are currently following you on your journey and you can choose a profile picture on which you can combine clothes, hair styles, poses and filters as you wish.

So we will be able to change clothes, although I'm not sure if this limits us to clothes that are still resembling the school designs (like some kinda paldean academy themed selection of diverse types of clothes) or if we are actually able to buy/wear other things as well.
It's been confirmed for a while now that you can only change into uniform-based clothing and only fully accessorize hats, gloves, and bags, unfortunately.

It's been confirmed for a while now that you can only change into uniform-based clothing and only fully accessorize hats and bags, unfortunately.
There also seems to be glasses and gloves.

The Profile Photo thing seems like a decent upgrade to Trainer Cards from SWSH but it depends on how interesting the poses you can make are.

I also noticed while re-watching the trailer, it seems like Arven will call on the Rotom Phone when you're in an area with a Titan Pokemon for Path of Legends. That is nice. I was worried how we'd know where titans were considering unlike the other two stories, there weren't any psychical indicators or icons on the map to show where a titan is like the gym buildings or team star base flags.

Not sure if this was already confirmed or not and I'm just hella late, but in re-watching the trailer again again, it looks like we will officially catch Koraidon/Miraidon since we see the trainer throw out 7 Poke Balls before the picnic. I wasn't sure if it was explicitly stated if we'd catch them or if it would be like Poke Ride we're they'd spawn into thin air.

Not sure if this was already confirmed or not and I'm just hella late, but in re-watching the trailer again again, it looks like we will officially catch Koraidon/Miraidon since we see the trainer throw out 7 Poke Balls before the picnic. I wasn't sure if it was explicitly stated if we'd catch them or if it would be like Poke Ride we're they'd spawn into thin air.
This does make us being unable to use them in battle weirder to explain... Maybe theres some rule in the region against using your ride pokemon in battle???

Attacking Team Star bases plus picnicking sound intriguing but damn it I don’t know what story path to chose.

Oh well. It’s all cool. I guess there’s plenty of time to make that decision

You won't use them in battle for a while, though.

Anyway, really frustrated if breeding has indeed been replaced by this random new mechanic. For f's sake, Gamefreak.

You won't use them in battle for a while, though.

Anyway, really frustrated if breeding has indeed been replaced by this random new mechanic. For f's sake, Gamefreak.
From what I remember there were some cases in the past where breeding has been an essential way to complete the Pokedex, so I think the most likely story is that they haven’t shown us where you go to breed Pokemon yet

I've been thinking...what if the random eggs are just this gen's version of the random Pokémon that show up after you make curry in SwSh?

Maybe there's still a chance some standard breeder tucked away some place. Even if it's like part of a day one patch.

From what I remember there were some cases in the past where breeding has been an essential way to complete the Pokedex, so I think the most likely story is that they haven’t shown us where you go to breed Pokemon yet
That could still happen with the new picknicking mechanic, as only compatible Pokémon are able to breed (according to Serebii). But it's way slower and less effective compared to the current way to do it.

Damn, this is bad.

I fail to see what about this mechanic is any slower. From what it looks like to me it is litterally the exact same but it happens when your are picknicking and as such can be done anywhere.

How does it even determine what's in the egg. Like is it a result of any of your team members? Is it just a random mon? Is it selected from a certain pool depending on area?

How does it even determine what's in the egg. Like is it a result of any of your team members? Is it just a random mon? Is it selected from a certain pool depending on area?
Maybe we’ll have our answer to that in either a future trailer or on launch date

I fail to see what about this mechanic is any slower. From what it looks like to me it is litterally the exact same but it happens when your are picknicking and as such can be done anywhere.
Leakers have said a thing or two about this, and it isn't all that reassuring.

Back
Top Bottom