• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I got it :bulbaWave:

Attachments

• 666109F0-EADE-49D4-B3BF-98EC0CA0FF62.jpeg
    666109F0-EADE-49D4-B3BF-98EC0CA0FF62.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
That is clearly saying something. Seems like not everyone cares about the tech issues (assuming that they are more the "have to go out of your way to trigger" type issues/glitches and not the "constantly in your face" type ones). I don't recall ever having an issue with Legends: Arceus tech/glitch wise.
I think what it says is just that these are Pokémon games (and they’re following the most popular generation since the first). The alleged technical and performance issues weren’t being widely discussed even in the fandom until today, so the 99.9% of buyers who don’t engage with the fandom and don’t read reviews wouldn’t know and I’m sure you’re right that most of them also wouldn’t care.

Let's see...

-Shy nerdy girl who has (almost) no friends at the school but is very good at tech
-Gets very noticeably uncomfortable whenever she's cuddled by Koraidon/Miradon
-Has an obsession with Eevee & Eeveelutions
-Often shows annoyance with Nemona's & Arven's energy & antics in the final story

...yeah, Penny is totally on the autism spectrum.

Last edited:
Let's see...

-Shy nerdy girl who has (almost) no friends at the school but is very good at tech
-Has a soft spot for Eevee & its evolutions
-Often shows annoyance with Nemona's & Arven's energy & antics in the final story

To be fair, would YOU want to be cuddled by Koraidon/Miraidon (a Pokémon that you don't know about and could possibly be dangerous)?

Negative thoughts - please don't read if it will kill your excitement.

The initial reviews have talked about awful graphical issues and an empty open world (which doesn't include common sense features such as level scaling...) I know that GF's focus on the human characters has grown tremendously since BW and it's nice to hear that SV's characters are lovable; it doesn't make up for the performance issues though.

Game Freak is really lacking in vision - they're struggling to move to open world, they throw random gimmicks at the gameplay to create hype instead of assessing past games to see what works, they don't push themselves to go past that and make something truly great. I remember reading about the making of B2W2 and someone from Nintendo (Iwata?) encouraged GF to make a sequel, when they were originally going to make a standard 3rd version. I wish that kind of thing still happened.

At this point I'm just holding out for a Gen V remake. It's probably going to be simple like BDSP was, but it's going to be better than this.

I’ve played a few hours of it now and I’m personally enjoying it. The performance stuff is definitely noticeable but everything else has been so good that it sort of makes up for it, for me at least.

I’m really liking all the new Pokémon I’ve seen so far too.

I've got the game, and will be playing it tonight after Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I'm just annoyed that all reviews I keep reading do nothing but bash the game because of the graphic and performance issues. The worst ones don't even bother to mention the good and improved aspects of the game, and some still use Dexit as an excuse for negative reviews.

My copy of both games are on their way. Question for anyone who has the games: Does the Name Rater let you nickname Pokemon you received in trades that don't already have nicknames? Sword/Shield had that and I really liked it, so I'm wondering if SV brought it back.

I've got the game, and will be playing it tonight after Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I'm just annoyed that all reviews I keep reading do nothing but bash the game because of the graphic and performance issues. The worst ones don't even bother to mention the good and improved aspects of the game, and some still use Dexit as an excuse for negative reviews.

The Pokemon subreddit is doing this as well. There are a ton of threads right now just bashing the game and TPCI. I don't have the game at the moment so I can't comment on it but seesh you'd think that TPCI was some criminal organization with some of their comments.

To be fair, would YOU want to be cuddled by Koraidon/Miraidon (a Pokémon that you don't know about and could possibly be dangerous)?
I think it is more of a personal space issue for Penny, she doesn't seem like the type to frequently give out hugs.
Let's see...

-Has an obsession with Eevee & Eeveelutions

You forgot the anime. She's very fond of binge-watching anime.

The Pokemon subreddit is doing this as well. There are a ton of threads right now just bashing the game and TPCI. I don't have the game at the moment so I can't comment on it but seesh you'd think that TPCI was some criminal organization with some of their comments.
Reddit is bad for that and often a lot of people who are making these criticism/comments are basing it off gameplay footage and not actually playing the games themselves (which TLOU2 is a game that comes to mind that this happened to).

Back
Top Bottom