• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Alola starters have been officially revealed in a trailer 9 days after the games' release. The same applies to Galar starters but 12 days. It's been 12 days since the release of Scarlet and Violet. I am expecting some sort of trailer around these days focusing on the mid and final stages of starters.

Alola starters have been officially revealed in a trailer 9 days after the games' release. The same applies to Galar starters but 12 days. It's been 12 days since the release of Scarlet and Violet. I am expecting some sort of trailer around these days focusing on the mid and final stages of starters.
If I were them, I wouldn't post anything that significant until solving some major problems players currently experience in the game. There won't be anything but hate comments and dislikes under the comments. IMO they need to act quickly to answer some complaints rather than ignoring and acting like nothing wrong is happening.

If I were them, I wouldn't post anything that significant until solving some major problems players currently experience in the game. There won't be anything but hate comments and dislikes under the comments. IMO they need to act quickly to answer some complaints rather than ignoring and acting like nothing wrong is happening.
while this certainly makes sense to do, from a business and marketing standpoint all i'd expect is for them to mostly silently push out a patch (assuming there is going to be one) and not make much deal of how broken things are and not comment any further on it in order to avoid fueling the fire.

So on that subject, does anyone have any better names or ideas for what could have been better gym badges for Paldea? I had a couple in mind.

Katy- Flutter Badge
Brassius- Floral Badge
Iono- Ion Badge
Kofu- Breaker Badge
Larry- Natural Badge
Ryme- Spirit Badge
Tulip- Mystic Badge
Grusha- Peak Badge

I don't see how it makes much difference, it's not like they'd be announcing dlc it would just be a trailer showing off Pokemon we already know about. It's not that significant.

Besides, they already got hounded by hate comments and dislikes after Dexit so I'm not sure if it would really affect them.

The Charizard raid seems kinda broken, after it attacks the first time it clears all its status issues and then it won't do it again for the whole battle (it will clear the players though). So basically, as soon as that happens you can just decrease its Defense/SpDefense and the rest is (usually) not a problem - not even solo if the right setup is used.

You know, this is a minor nitpicky thing, but is anyone else kinda annoyed they didn't give us interesting designs for the badges and just went with type names like SwSh did?

A little, but it's not the end of the world. It sounds like they've just run out of ideas for badge names, or at least don't want to keep coming up with them. I'd rather they just use default type names instead of something stupid or repeated.

Trevenant vs. Gourgeist vs. Brambleghast?

Competitive-wise, I'm going with Brambleghast, because it's main ability removes 1 of its weaknesses (Flying), which makes for a good switch-in. But from a poll I made in another forum, Trevenant won, but it wasn't as a competitive standpoint poll. If I had a house some day I would put all 3 out on Halloween night if giving out candy.

Trevenant vs. Gourgeist vs. Brambleghast?

Competitive-wise, I'm going with Brambleghast, because it's main ability removes 1 of its weaknesses (Flying), which makes for a good switch-in. But from a poll I made in another forum, Trevenant won, but it wasn't as a competitive standpoint poll. If I had a house some day I would put all 3 out on Halloween night if giving out candy.
Don't forget Dhelmise! Even though it's single-stage.

I have not completed the games yet (I have 1 more team star boss left) but even though I’m starting to doubt myself but I’m still gonna say Im predicting that penny and sada/turo are the villains ive been correct about the villains from Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, and Legends Arceus so I’ve made my predictions and those two I think are the villains (I REALLY HOPE IM CORRECT)

Back
Top Bottom