• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I did. I mean when can I view the map, and not just have it appear as all black even when I’m in area zero

There doesn't seem to be a full map, unless I missed something. It probably would be a mess anyway because Area Zero is more vertical than horizontal and it would be difficult to display the area in a way that's helpful for the player. Genshin Impact is having similar problems with some of its areas right now, they have some underground sections and it's difficult to tell whether or not what you're looking for is above ground or underground.

Oh. I must have misread your question and thought you were asking about when you can go into the crater. My bad.
all good i get how that can be confusing
There doesn't seem to be a full map, unless I missed something. It probably would be a mess anyway because Area Zero is more vertical than horizontal and it would be difficult to display the area in a way that's helpful for the player. Genshin Impact is having similar problems with some of its areas right now, they have some underground sections and it's difficult to tell whether or not what you're looking for is above ground or underground.
that is annoying as fuck

that is annoying as fuck

Have you already completed The Way Home? Area Zero isn't as annoying as some of the underground areas in Genshin. Most of the Pokemon spawn just about anywhere and there isn't anything in the way of Tera Raid Dens or Mass Outbreaks or anything that you would need a map for. I'm not really bothered by it.

Have you already completed The Way Home? Area Zero isn't as annoying as some of the underground areas in Genshin. Most of the Pokemon spawn just about anywhere and there isn't anything in the way of Tera Raid Dens or Mass Outbreaks or anything that you would need a map for. I'm not really bothered by it.
And it's also a massive spiral downward anyway.

Trevenant vs. Gourgeist vs. Brambleghast?

Competitive-wise, I'm going with Brambleghast, because it's main ability removes 1 of its weaknesses (Flying), which makes for a good switch-in. But from a poll I made in another forum, Trevenant won, but it wasn't as a competitive standpoint poll. If I had a house some day I would put all 3 out on Halloween night if giving out candy.
Yea I didn't include Dhelmise or Decidueye because they weren't plants. I was somewhat hoping Brambleghast will be a special attacker, but it's physical attacker just like the rest.

And Trevenant is the only 1 that can learn Horn Leech for some reason, the physical version of Giga Drain.

And another poll is Gigalith vs. Garganacl. Garganacl has some nice abilities.

Thanks guys!
You're welcome! I was actually planning on listing them in the my next post, but Riley beat me to it. Oh, well. No matter.

Game Freak seems to always purposefully cover some unused type combos in every generation. I wonder if any DLC Pokémon will cover some of the remaining ones.

PS. The Pokéstar Studios opponent typo combo that's not been used on a real Pokémon yet is Normal/Steel.

You're welcome! I was actually planning on listing them in the my next post, but Riley beat me to it. Oh, well. No matter.

Game Freak seems to always purposefully cover some unused type combos in every generation. I wonder if any DLC Pokémon will cover some of the remaining ones.

PS. The Pokéstar Studios opponent typo combo that's not been used on a real Pokémon yet is Normal/Steel.
And Dragon/Fairy was only used on a Mega Evolution, but due to Megas no longer being in the recent games I listed Dragon/Fairy and I'll keep it on there until either GF brings Mega Evolution back in the core series or we see that typing on an official, non-Mega Pokemon.

On the topic of types, while Gen 8 finally gave us out first Dark-type Gym Leader and thus made every type represented by a Gym Leader, there are still four types not covered by an Elite Four member: Normal, Grass, Electric, and Fairy. We almost got Normal with Larry, except he uses a different type as an Elite Four member than as a Gym Leader.

Back
Top Bottom