• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Here's all the combos that are left:

Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Rock
Normal/Bug
Bug/Dragon
Dragon/Fairy
Fairy/Ground
Ghost/Rock
Fire/Fairy
Poison/Ice

Dragon/Fairy has already been done with Mega Altaria. Yes, Megas are basically gone aside from future remakes, but technically we can't call this unused if it's been represented in a past game. I'd definitely like to see the combo return on a future species though (a future pseudo legend maybe?).

I have seen the reveal trailer for it and thus know about the whole "draining the person life force" thing. Since the girl has seemingly posted the video (assuming that it was her and not someone who stumbled upon her body) I am inclined to believe that the Greavard simply drains the person's energy and makes them tired and lethargic, causing them to simply pass out.

I dont think that pre-release theory holds up anymore. Especially given DJ G-Rave being used as a hype dog during the ghost gym.

I mean its still entirely possible that the whole life/energy draining thing is something only wild Greavard do. But the fact DJ G-Rave exists and didn't kill the entire audience means it's not something they can't control.

Yeah, a re-trademark is routine. Nothing significant is meant to be found in that news.

Don't read too much into it, those variety shows rarely give us anything of substance and usually just repeat things confirmed from other sources. This might point to a Presents next week announcing DLC, but they could also just be recapping information in the final game we didn't know before release.

Don't read too much into it, those variety shows rarely give us anything of substance and usually just repeat things confirmed from other sources. This might point to a Presents next week announcing DLC, but they could also just be recapping information in the final game we didn't know before release.
This. Its usually never worth looking into the Pokemon variety shows for news. Also, in regards to when we'll get the DLC reveal, anything goes really. SwSh's DLC was revealed in early January 2020. We could always see it revealed within the next week or so. They could also save its reveal for Pokemon Day 2023. Who knows. Either way, the reveal is highly likely any day now between now and February 27th.

Last edited:
This. Its usually never worth looking into the Pokemon variety shows for news. Also, in regards to when we'll get the DLC reveal, anything goes really. SwSh's DLC was revealed in early January 2020. We could always see it revealed within the next week or so. They could also save its reveal for Pokemon Day 2023. Who knows. Either way, the reveal is highly likely any day now between now and February 27th.
What if they wait until a week before releasing it? Would that help or hurt the DLC in the long run? Just curious.

What if they wait until a week before releasing it? Would that help or hurt the DLC in the long run? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure the when doesn't matter that much since they prolly will not do something stupid like reveal it years in advance like say KH3.

Chances are likely that they will still release the DLC around late spring-early summer and if there are subsequent pieces, winter.

We’re apparently getting a patch late February that provides both bug fixes (hopefully including performance fixes) and some “added functionality” thrown in the mix as well. Any hopes and/or expectations for this patch?

Back
Top Bottom