• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Here's all the combos that are left:

Normal/Ice
Normal/Steel
Normal/Rock
Normal/Bug
Bug/Dragon
Dragon/Fairy
Fairy/Ground
Ghost/Rock
Fire/Fairy
Poison/Ice
Wait, where are Fighting/Ground and Fighting/Rock? Are there some hidden in the mega EVOS? Because I don't remember there being those combinations. And Fire/Ice?

Wait, where are Fighting/Ground and Fighting/Rock? Are there some hidden in the mega EVOS? Because I don't remember there being those combinations. And Fire/Ice?
Great Tusk is Ground/Fighting, Terrakion is Rock/Fighting, and Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan is Ice/Fire.

Great Tusk is Ground/Fighting, Terrakion is Rock/Fighting, and Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan is Ice/Fire.
Thank you! Forgot Great Tusk... Maybe I am wrong but some of those matches are so... incorrectly attributed. For example, Rock/Fighting just screams 'Archaic ape' Rock usually refers to ancient Pokemon that were restored from remains and what could be more obvious for Rock/Fighting than a monkey carrying a boulder? But no, it's not that. Terrakion himself looks much more like Ground/Fighting in my opinion. Also, Mudsdale could totally be Ground/Fighting, that thing kicks hard.
Steel/Normal should have been some kind of Porcupine/hedgehog-like creature but that niche is already filled. In my opinion, there was no need to give Alolan hedgehog a part electric typing. No hedgehog apart from Sonic is fast, there was no need to make that round thing electric. Steel/normal would fit it better. Can see Normal/Ice for Minccino regional variant.

Steel/Normal should have been some kind of Porcupine/hedgehog-like creature but that niche is already filled. In my opinion, there was no need to give Alolan hedgehog a part electric typing. No hedgehog apart from Sonic is fast, there was no need to make that round thing electric. Steel/normal would fit it better.
We actually have a Steel/Normal type as a Pokéstar Studios opponent, so technically it's been used already, just not as an actual Pokémon. To be specific, said typing is used for a humanoid robot in one movie series.

In my opinion, there was no need to give Alolan hedgehog a part electric typing. No hedgehog apart from Sonic is fast, there was no need to make that round thing electric. Steel/normal would fit it better.

They made it Electric because Pikaclone. Every Pikaclone is Electric except the Marill line if you count that as a Pikaclone.

They made it Electric because Pikaclone. Every Pikaclone is Electric except the Marill line if you count that as a Pikaclone.
Not only that, but if you want to say "sonic is the only fast hedgehog" then you could always just say it's a spiny mouse rather than a hedgehog.

I mean, they're mainly native to Africa but that hasn't stopped them before. For example Pawmot is totally an out of place viscacha, regardless of what Bulbapedia says about marmots. I mean marmots don't even have the same ears.

For example Pawmot is totally an out of place viscacha, regardless of what Bulbapedia says about marmots. I mean marmots don't even have the same ears.
Not trying to say you're wrong (I wouldn't really think about a marmot either), just something I noticed when I looked up what the hell a Viscacha's supposed to be - Pawmot lacks the Viscacha tail though, and if we say it they could've removed it for design reasons they might've as well changed the ears of a marmot for the same reason, so both or neither could be true, could technically even be a mixture of two kinds of animals.
Then again, I would've never considered Togedemaru a hedgehog (or something similar), always thought it was supposed to be a fat bipedal rat - until I read the dex entry at least.

I wouldn’t mind a Kalos related DLC like some have speculated.

I hope they expand on area zero! I would love to use those car bosses from Team Star.

Damn, even the fake rumour/leak scene is timid right now. Even though we could be quite close to DLC news (my guess being Pokémon Day the 27th).

re: sales

there's a discussion to be had of whether or not there can ever really be a pokemon game that can usurp r/b as the best-selling pokemon games. maybe sv will outsell swsh (can you imagine g/s being third? wild), and i can imagine sv getting 28-29 mil, but hard to imagine more unless game freak plans on a second dlc to breathe more life into the game during the second half of the year (which doesn't seem too unlikely given they did this with swsh).

They are fixing the boxes and some of the Tera Raid bugs

Just as i expected... Pokemon Day release for the update most likely.

As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild. Dammit..... the game feels already barren in terms of Pokemon selection anyways.

They are fixing the boxes and some of the Tera Raid bugs

Thank god it looks like Tera raids may actually be fun now. That was the one area where the game's performance and bugs actually bothered me. They could genuinely just not be fun because I'd get stuck doing nothing for 60 seconds while the clock ticks down or some other crazy nonsense.

better late than never @ the fixes - especially with likely DLC on the horizon, existing bugs would likely cause some hesitation on buying the DLC if they weren't addressed. much like max raids were a big part of enjoying swsh, tera raids are the focus here and it's to Game Freak's benefit to have them not be a terrible experience.

I have to be honest. At this point, I've found that I'm not enjoying Tera Raids in a way that this upcoming bugfix isn't gonna help with. Because bugs aren't my main problem now. Doing RPG battles in general is just far too messy and frantic of an experience for me when you play out everyone's turn at the same time. There's a reason I don't play free-flowing games like League of Legends.

That said, I look forward to the QoL additions on the bugfix. Changing a boxed Pokémon's attributes like their moves and nickname is something I have wanted for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom