• To preserve people's ability to play the game without spoilers, do not post about unannounced Pokémon and characters until January 1st 2023, except in the Scarlet and Violet forum.

All spoilers in posts will be allowed in the Scarlet and Violet forum

Please do not display unannounced Pokémon or characters in Signatures, Avatars, or Profiles until January 1st 2023.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

RavenRaziel98

Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Ground could be, fire and rock not apparently. Clodsire didn't show a reaction after being cleaned, Garganacl and Talonflame seemed to like it (Talonflame's fire type is its second type only, this could matter). Gonna run a few more tests but I don't think that it's type based since it's used to increase friendship, which would lock out a lot of mons otherwise.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
So apparently the NPCs don't use items anymore, just in case exp share doesn't decrease the difficulty enough already

Greninjaman

Ninja Assassin Frog
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
So apparently the NPCs don't use items anymore, just in case exp share doesn't decrease the difficulty enough already
I did notice that myself. I think it's more so, they realized that the AI using healing items just makes the battle longer and more annoying than hard. After all, why have the AI heal if your Pokémon is going to two shot their Pokémon anyway? As for Held Items that are not berries, I think it's more of a fair play type of thing as opposed to wanting to decrease the difficulty?

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I did notice that myself. I think it's more so, they realized that the AI using healing items just makes the battle longer and more annoying than hard. After all, why have the AI heal if your Pokémon is going to two shot their Pokémon anyway?
Fair enough I guess, just felt a little odd when I first noticed it
As for Held Items that are not berries, I think it's more of a fair play type of thing as opposed to wanting to decrease the difficulty?
NPCs (besides BDSP) used hold items other than berries outside of battle facilities? :oops:
Guess one can always learn something new ^^
I do remember someone using a focus sash, but iirc it was to show the player the focus sash in practice.

Greninjaman

Ninja Assassin Frog
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Fair enough I guess, just felt a little odd when I first noticed it

NPCs (besides BDSP) used hold items other than berries outside of battle facilities? :oops:
Guess one can always learn something new ^^
I do remember someone using a focus sash, but iirc it was to show the player the focus sash in practice.
I think Charen in Black and White (not sure about Black 2 and White 2) used Held Items other than berries. I could be wrong though.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Surprising a pokémon in the crate is tricky as hell sometimes, wish there was something like repel that keeps hostile pokemon on distance

Dizzard

Reaction score
Ground could be, fire and rock not apparently. Clodsire didn't show a reaction after being cleaned, Garganacl and Talonflame seemed to like it (Talonflame's fire type is its second type only, this could matter). Gonna run a few more tests but I don't think that it's type based since it's used to increase friendship, which would lock out a lot of mons otherwise.

I feel like I had a Pokemon get upset once when I was washing them but they only got upset once and never again after that.

Maybe it has to do with if you're doing it for too long or maybe Pokemon you have low friendship with are more likely to get upset?

I haven't used the picnic feature that often during my playthrough though.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Apparently there are certain spots they don't like get touched iirc, similar to petting certain spots in Gen 6/7.

Also, I know that there's not much data about them and stuff, but man, those paradox mon dex entries are kinda disappointing.

Top Bottom