• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Do we know where Kitakami is based off?
Some people on Twitter say that it's in Japan as there is a real life place called Kitakami.
Bulbapedia says it's based on Coria del Río - A small town that was the residence of Hasekura Tsunenaga, head of the 17th century Keichō Embassy to King Philip III of Spain.

But I was thinking something different. Could it be Taiwan? Taiwan is a blend of Chinese culture (Treasures of Ruin) Japanese culture, and Portuguese/Iberian. (Paldea)
Not to mention the blanked out area on the current Map resembling the shape somewhat.

Blueberry academy could then be based off the Galapagos Islands, in Ecuador, former Spanish colony. Or the Azores, part of modern day Portugal, off the coast of Africa.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I don't see any reason to really question that, seems pretty straightforward. Plus it's so Japanese that I can't imagine placing it outside of Japan.

New evolutions for Galar Pokemon was not something on my bingo card list. Sort of feel like it's a little early to be touching gen 8 Pokemon but I'm not really complaining either.

I hope this means we'll get some more new evolutions for gen 6/7 Pokemon too. (and honestly I feel like gen 4 is overdue something at this point...)

One thing I just realized is if Dipplin is an evolution of regular Applin then afaik, it'll be the first non Eevee mon since Tyrouge to have a split evolution of at least 3 seperate options. Neat thing to think about.

Yeah. I wonder if Dipplin will evolve again....I know there have been some small Pokemon that were final evolutions....but Dipplin looks very small and definitely feels like it still has somewhere to go.

Dang September 13th is a bit earlier than I expected. I was thinking October. Not that I'm complaining.

Genuinely thought Dipplin was a new Applin form instead of an evolution, think I would have preferred that tbh. Sorry Dipplin, but Appletun is right there. Like the new Duraludon evo though.

The Pokemon behind the mask and his odd Tera form seems interesting. And the sibings seem like they'll have a cool story, the younger brother especially.

Finally giving us Koraidon/Miraidon flying is nice, even if it's just for a minigame it looks fun at least... would be nice if the "maybe you'll unlock this full time one day!" isn't a troll.

Paradox mons look cool. I think I like the Violet one more this time, but Walking Wake clears both so I'd say Scarlet team still wins.

All in all I'm not that excited right now, but I think I'm just not in a Pokemon-ish mood right now. I'll probably be more excited in September. Really I'm more excited about going back to Area Zero and uncovering all the lore they purposely left. I hope at least Arven comes along, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high for that.

I've never been that fond of Duraludon...and this evolution doesn't really change much....but I will admit I like the evolution a bit more than the original.

I like Dipplin but then I already liked Applin and this isn't all that different. It does feel more like a regional variant than an evolution though, which is why I hope it evolves again. I wonder what it's type might be? Confectionary themed Pokemon usually have the fairy type so maybe it'll be Grass/Fairy?

The paradox mons are ok I guess, I don't have a strong opinion on them. Would probably say I prefer the Cobalion one slightly.

To be honest I'm not sure if this trailer made me that excited to play the DLC really.....especially considering there's a dlc coming out for Cassette Beasts on September 7th that I'm more excited about.

I've never been that fond of Duraludon...and this evolution doesn't really change much....but I will admit I like the evolution a bit more than the original.

I like Dipplin but then I already liked Applin and this isn't all that different. It does feel more like a regional variant than an evolution though, which is why I hope it evolves again. I wonder what it's type might be? Confectionary themed Pokemon usually have the fairy type so maybe it'll be Grass/Fairy?

The paradox mons are ok I guess, I don't have a strong opinion on them. Would probably say I prefer the Cobalion one slightly.

To be honest I'm not sure if this trailer made me that excited to play the DLC really.....especially considering there's a dlc coming out for Cassette Beasts on September 7th that I'm more excited about.

Dipplin is also Grass/Dragon. It also has a new ability Supersweet Syrup and a new move Syrup Bomb.

Archaludon gets Stamina and Sturdy as abilities, which is interesting, since Duraludon doesn't have those. It also gets a new move Electro Shot (Which is an Electric type move)

Dipplin is also Grass/Dragon. It also has a new ability Supersweet Syrup and a new move Syrup Bomb.

Archaludon gets Stamina and Sturdy as abilities, which is interesting, since Duraludon doesn't have those. It also gets a new move Electro Shot (Which is an Electric type move)
Supersweet Syrup is essentially Intimidate, except it lowers evasiveness instead of Attack.

And i really don't like that Raikou's paradox form. Suicune's Paradox form is fine, but Raikou's just looks incredibly ugly. Maybe biased because the original is my favorite legendary beast, but basically just giving Raikou a giraffe's neck is not exactly appealing to me.

Back
Top Bottom