• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Archaludon is so dope. Would have been cool if it was a Druddigon evolution considering everything, but Archaludon is so dope I'll allow it (Pretty funny the evolution of a Galar Pokémon ends up looking like Unova's Bridge in railcannon mode).

Perrin. I- Thank you, Adaman. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Everything shown in the trailer looks dope. Only thing that concerns me is no mention of Nemona, Penny and Arven. Especially for Nemona, Blueberry sounds like paradise. I hope she makes an appearance through the instructor feature with a gimmick like Ingo in PLA where she rotates between a lot of Pokémon/teams. We know she has more than the 6 she uses against us, after all.
I feel like we'll see Nemona, Arven and Penny either in the Indigo Disk (since we're getting subplots with characters from the main game) or in the Area Zero story that unlocks later. I wanna see them too! I got greatly attached to them in the main plot of the game :(

It's dawned on me and several others that Duraludon got an evo in Archaludon whilst already having a Gigantimax form

Tbf, preevos like Pikachu, Meowth, and Eevee also had Gigantimax forms, but those were all event exclusive and those specific ones couldn't evolve afaik.

A very interesting predicament for the future. Really signals to me that dynamax is a thing of the past, save for gen 8 remakes way way down the line.

It's dawned on me and several others that Duraludon got an evo in Archaludon whilst already having a Gigantimax form

Tbf, preevos like Pikachu, Meowth, and Eevee also had Gigantimax forms, but those were all event exclusive and those specific ones couldn't evolve afaik.

A very interesting predicament for the future. Really signals to me that dynamax is a thing of the past, save for gen 8 remakes way way down the line.
Which is obvious considering that the lore clearly states that Dynamaxing can only be done in Galar.

It's taken me a bit to process everything we learned yesterday, but I'm really pleasantly pleased by everything.

Getting new evolutions for gen 8 pokemon is a super welcome surprise. Duraludon was the most forgettable gen 8 pokemon for me, but Archaludon looks really cool. I thought it looked a bit like a minecraft ravager at first and when I saw it fold out into a bridge I immediately fell in love. It's so silly and awesome at the same time. Dipplin is cute too. I'm not sure Applin needed a 3rd evolution, but it works so well thematically and I like having fully evolved pokemon that are on the smaller side. It's also just refreshing because it feels like nothing is off the table when it comes to new designs.

I like that they're adding some fun activities. like the balloon popping game and flying one. I'm guessing the flying one will having multiple courses after you clear the test like with the snow gym one. I am curious how many points the mochi will raise your stats. It would be super nice if they're better than vitamins, but I'm also just happy to see the "fresh start" mochi. I don't think we've had a mechanic like that since the reset bags in XY.

The side story with Perrin looks interesting too. It's nice to know that there some other stuff is going on besides the main story and I like that it involves a photo taking mini game of sorts.

My only disappointment is that I was kind of hoping to get to see the map for Kitakami and get a feel for how large it is, but the trailer made it look pretty large and intricate. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to playing it in a month.

Oh, and I thought it was cool that alolan form sandshrew is available in the wild in the Indigo Disk along with other Alolan forms. Hopefully this maybe means we'll be able to evolve pikachu into alolan Raichu there and it won't be a transfer only pokemon anymore.

Duraldon was named after duralumin, an aluminum alloy invented to armor the first supersonic jet planes. The tower it was based on was built on duralumin.

What is archualdon based off of? The actual tower of london?

Which beg the question, would they ever release a battle platform of sort where you can use pokemon from any gen and every single gimmick.

Duraldon was named after duralumin, an aluminum alloy invented to armor the first supersonic jet planes. The tower it was based on was built on duralumin.

What is archualdon based off of? The actual tower of london?
Maybe it's based off the Guadiana bridge? Can't think of other famous bridges in Spain/Portugal that look like this guy
250px-Archaludon_Bridge_State.jpg
Puente_Internacional_397.jpg

I think at this point it's pretty clear that the battle gimmicks won't stick around. (and if they do it might just be for one gen)

Personally it's at least part of the reason I find it hard to care about battle forms, knowing that they're not going to matter a gen from now anyway. (I think I do remember being at least somewhat invested in mega evolutions) At least Gamefreak didn't bother with terastal forms (for the most part) this time around. In that sense I like how the terastal mechanic works, because it's not creating designs that are going to be abandoned a gen from now.

Even regional variants, which seemed like they were sticking around for good barely got anything this gen. Which makes me question if they'll even still be a thing in gen 10.

Someone pointed out that as a photographer, Perrin is trying to capture moments in TIME.

Now I can't help but wonder who Irida's descendant will be and what they'll be like.

In the same way that Perrin is stated to be laid-back very much unlike her ancestor, my guess is Irida's descendant will either be really geeky/into new technology (in contrast with Irida's habit of clinging to old traditions), or sensitive to the cold. But otherwise they'll share a similar space theme and be something like a cartographer or maybe even an aspiring astronaut.

Last edited:
Someone pointed out that as a photographer, Perrin is trying to capture moments in TIME.

Now I can't help but wonder who Irida's descendant will be and what they'll be like.

In the same way that Perrin is stated to be laid-back very much unlike her ancestor, my guess is Irida's descendant will either be really geeky/into new technology (in contrast with Irida's habit of clinging to old traditions), or sensitive to the cold. But otherwise they'll share a similar space theme and be something like a cartographer or maybe even an aspiring astronaut.
I've heard theories that Irida's actually the ancestor of either the RSE or XY protagonists because she does have a resemblance to May and Serena, somewhat.

What if Irida is the ancestor the the gen 10 professor.

There's a new trailer in which we see:
  • All past gen starters
  • New moves, including the sig moves of raging bolt and iron crown and their types(electric dragon and steel psychic respectively)
  • A new type of terastal jewel

New Move: Psychic Noise

More proof the Sound type is never coming

New Move: Upperhand

Fighting type version of Bullet Punch

New Move: Thunderclap (HULK...IS THAT YOU?)

Electric type version of Sucker Punch

New Move: Taychon Cutter

New Type of Terra Crystal, which has all the types combined... so i feel like it will only be available on certain Pokemon.

Yayyyy! Snivy, Tepig, Chikorita and Totodile are finally available on the Switch.

With the way Blueberry academy is set-up... it also makes sense you can find the starters in the wild, considering the mons in the academy are brought in, rather than being native there.

Back
Top Bottom