• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

@FinnishPokéFan92 Just imagine how much more exciting and interesting Pecharunt's story would be IF some semblance of this video was in the epilogue.
Yeah, it's stupid when we have to look places other than the game itself for important story details.
Yeaah I wish we learned all this in-game and not on social media, especially because it just makes me love the story and lore of Kitakami more. Like... if there was at least just a book somewhere with the real story or something.
There was no one left alive to narrate the story who isn't a Pokémon. Hence why it's not told by anyone in-game.

There was no one left alive to narrate the story who isn't a Pokémon. Hence why it's not told by anyone in-game.
Kieran's Grandad knew about Ogerpon's backstory, so why couldn't he know about anything Pecharunt? Or at least be able to make an assumption about its past based on its behaviour?

Kieran's Grandad knew about Ogerpon's backstory, so why couldn't he know about anything Pecharunt? Or at least be able to make an assumption about its past based on its behaviour?
He seems to have not known about Pecharunt's involvement in the story, so I don't think there was enough evidence to point out that a fourth Pokémon was involved, especially since it didn't take part in the fight.

He seems to have not known about Pecharunt's involvement in the story, so I don't think there was enough evidence to point out that a fourth Pokémon was involved, especially since it didn't take part in the fight.
It was in the fight, albeit being defended by its retainers instead of actually fighting back it seems.

If people knew that the Loyal Three fought Ogerpon, how come they didn't see Pecharunt?

It was in the fight, albeit being defended by its retainers instead of actually fighting back it seems.

If people knew that the Loyal Three fought Ogerpon, how come they didn't see Pecharunt?
I do not know how it was not seen, but it wasn't. The story is called "the untold story" because it is literally that: there was been no one to tell the story until now.

The funny thing is there technically was an opportunity to tell at least part of this story in-game without being too overt: Pecharunt was able to have the Grandma Hideko speak words other than “Mochi Mochi!”

They could have had a brief thing when Nemona was defeated where Pecharunt spoke through her saying “Grandma… Grandpa… I won’t let their wish die…” and then let us sit on the meaning of those words before the video of Pecharunt’s backstory came out.

Is it just me or does it seem like Joltik/Galvantula outbreaks are stupidly rare? Like, I've seen starter outbreaks more frequently than the Joltik line. I've even tried the "save at the location where the Pokemon spawns" trick (which I've seen multiple guides and videos mention, but I haven't verified myself yet if it actually works). I've literally SRed my outbreaks about 100+ times and have only seen a Joltik outbreak once (and unfortunately I did not have any success with that one). Has anyone else had an easier time finding Joltik/Galvantula outbreaks or is this really one of the rarer ones? It would be very surprising if the Joltik line is that rare, since it's really not that powerful or popular, and regular old Joltik/Galvantula aren't really super rare in any game.

EDIT: Asked around elsewhere and the answer seems to be yes, but I got my Shiny Joltik so I don't care anymore.

Last edited:
I haven't bought Scarlet/ Violet yet. How do they compare to the other Switch titles?

Apologies if this has been asked, but I've been trying to figure out what one of the pokemon on the "candy wrappers?" in Peachy's stall is.

PokemonCandybars.png

There are 5 different wrappers and 4 of the 5 are returning pokemon native to Kitakami (Duskull; Lotad; Crawdaunt; Gligar). I can't identify the white pokemon on the 5th one, though. The closest thing it resembles is an Alolan Vulpix. I thought the perspective was top down, but when looking at it closer; it has a bit on the left that doesn't make sense with that perspective.

CloseUp.png

Is my brain just dumb? I feel like I just can't see what I'm suppose to see..

Apologies if this has been asked, but I've been trying to figure out what one of the pokemon on the "candy wrappers?" in Peachy's stall is.

There are 5 different wrappers and 4 of the 5 are returning pokemon native to Kitakami (Duskull; Lotad; Crawdaunt; Gligar). I can't identify the white pokemon on the 5th one, though. The closest thing it resembles is an Alolan Vulpix. I thought the perspective was top down, but when looking at it closer; it has a bit on the left that doesn't make sense with that perspective.

Is my brain just dumb? I feel like I just can't see what I'm suppose to see..
I’m not sure either because the hair thingy looks like kanto vulpix with the alolan colors, it doesn’t look like the other Pokémon in the Pokédex with the same color so maybe it was a nod to the second dlc having alolan forms return?

I’m not sure either because the hair thingy looks like kanto vulpix with the alolan colors, it doesn’t look like the other Pokémon in the Pokédex with the same color so maybe it was a nod to the second dlc having alolan forms return?
The best I can think of too, but I'm glad at least I'm not the only one who think it looks off.

My main issue with thinking it is vulpix is the bit on the left looks like an ear that's pointed upwards, which doesn't seem right if we are looking at the top of its head. But my brain has a hard time rotating images and stuff, so it could just be me.

The best I can think of too, but I'm glad at least I'm not the only one who think it looks off.

My main issue with thinking it is vulpix is the bit on the left looks like an ear that's pointed upwards, which doesn't seem right if we are looking at the top of its head. But my brain has a hard time rotating images and stuff, so it could just be me.

I mean... Gamefreak loves doing teases for new generation games that way, so it might be a new form for Vulpix again, but yeah... i do see Alolan Vulpix as well, albeit slightly off.

I see no evidence of belle epoque personally. It's just considered a default because of Legends Arceus.

The sole piece of "evidence" is an abstract cross-section of lumiose that honestly looks more like some kind of symbol.

Back
Top Bottom