• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Here i was hoping that they would slow down with game releases, but yet they are churning them out faster than ever. I think three games in one year is absolutely ridiculous, even if each game was worked by a different team.

At least the region looks pretty, I think it's Mediterranean so either Spain, Italy or Greece. I'm going to say more likely the latter two than Spain.

It 100% looks like Spain. The view of the map we saw pretty much confirms it. Greece's map would not look like that, nor would Italy's. It definitely looks like the Iberian Peninsula.

Also can't wait for the next Kanto pandering since as usual, cause Pikachu and Meowth were given special closeups amongst the trailer and when they do they usually get something special in these games.

Doing something with Pikachu is fine since it is the mascot of the franchise. But yeah, they need to stop with Meowth. The fact that they showed a regular Meowth makes me really hope it doesn't get another regional variant.

oof. open world games are really not to my particular taste, which is why I'm not fond of the Wild Area in SwSh, and why I passed on Legends: Arceus.

If that's going to be the formula, moving forward, I may just stick with the older games.

That said, this is just ME and my inexplicable ability to get lost and confused in open worlds. I know a lot of people enjoy that style of game play.

I'm still processing everything, and it will probably take a few more watches of the trailer to fully process, but I am quite happy to see this announcement. Honestly surprised by it too. I know we've been getting new generations every 3 years for over 10 years now, but I was really thinking there would be some big Legends DLC.

The art style looks different than any previous 3D generation we've seen and I like that. The first few generations of 3D games were handled much like the 2D games, not many changes to the art style between games, just improvements to it, but ever since Let's Go the 3D games have all looked different from one another, and I have to say I really like that. It sets them all apart from each other, and it's cool to see. It still looks a little rough here, but I think this art style is going to suit the series quite well.

The starters are wonderful. I love them all. Fuecoco and Quaxly look goofy as heck and honestly quite different from Sprigatito. Honestly this is the first time in a long while where I feel like the starters don't all quite fit together. But I do like them all. Fuecoco and Quaxly look goofy as heck and I love them for that, and Sprigatito is my everything it is so freaking cute.

Also Kantonian Meowth guys we're not getting a regional variant Meowth. (Now just watch them put a regional Meowth in its place lol)

I actually don't like the artstyle they did for the human characters this time. Maybe it's because I always liked the anime-like look that the main series protagonists had.

HISUIAN ZOROARK IS IN THE GAME !!
9.jpg

This opens endless possibilities.

I love how pokemon actually have textures and fully 3D eyes. If you look closer you can see Seviper has scales, Lıcario has different textures for its fur, armbands, spikes; Larvitar and Seviper have real eyes, not animated textures but hmm I don't know how to put it in words since English is not my first language but I'll say eye holes(?) and I think you'll understand what I mean If you look closer.

Last edited:
Gravitated towards the fire starter straight away, they're so dorky! I'm guessing now that its design might be based on a pepper? I remember thinking at first how it looked like an apple and it seemed super strange that we had gotten two apple themed reptiles back to back.

It's probably a little early to be picking a side but since I went with Rowlet and Sobble the last two gens I'm already ready to pick a fire starter this gen.

I actually don't like the artstyle they did for the human characters this time. Maybe it's because I always liked the anime-like look that the main series protagonists had.
I just saw them up close and I have to agree. They almost look out of place now, like they're from a different game entirely. Though I'm sure I'll get used to them.

Gravitated towards the fire starter straight away, they're so dorky! I'm guessing now that its design might be based on a pepper? I remember thinking at first how it looked like an apple and it seemed super strange that we had gotten two apple themed reptiles back to back.

It's probably a little early to be picking a side but since I went with Rowlet and Sobble the last two gens I'm already ready to pick a fire starter this gen.
Pepper is a really good guess, I also thought it looked like an apple but didn't think it was relevant with fire type but pepper might just do the trick.

Doing something with Pikachu is fine since it is the mascot of the franchise. But yeah, they need to stop with Meowth. The fact that they showed a regular Meowth makes me really hope it doesn't get another regional variant.
I just hate that they always shove Pikachu down our throats. The fact it got a extreme closeup despite all the new around it means its going to get sucky exclusive on the new stupid gimmick again.

I love how pokemon actually have textures and fully 3D eyes. If you look closer you can see Seviper has scales, Lıcario has different textures for its fur, armbands, spikes; Larvitar and Seviper have really eyes, not animated textures but hmm I don't know how to put it in words since English is not my first language but I'll say eye holes(?) and I think you'll understand what I mean If you look closer.
I wonder why this wasn't possible beforehand? Was Legends going through an engine upgrade that made this possible?

What I'm excited about with a Spanish region is possibly getting some Islamic architecture influence. Probably my favorite architectural style.

Back
Top Bottom