• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Looks like August, based on my quick search.

They typically do early route Pokémon first, but here they’ve revealed Nemona’s team instead. Very different.

I don't know if it's a wild battle but we did see a Lechonk at level 2. (I feel like most trainer battles don't have Pokemon at that low a level though)

I get the sense that Lechonk and Smoliv could be early route/area mons. Pawmi might be a little later. (especially if it's a standalone mon)

Do we know if those landmarks are gyms (or I guess, gym-equivalents)? I’m curious to learn more about how the game is structured. It’s open-world, you can challenge things in any order you want, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s open-sandbox. I’d imagine the story changes based on the order you do things and the decisions you make in-game.

For some reason, I had a feeling deep down that they'd do something like give us two professors. I like the prehistoric/futuristic contrast they both have going on.

Nemona is one of the rare cases a character's sprite looks leagues better than her official art.

I like the mons we've seen so far. I'm not sure why they're all so chonky but that usually means they'll have pretty cool evolutions~

Pawmi is absolutely adorable. Initially, it looked like a fire type to me (honestly, it still does. Electric/Fire would have been an interesting route for a Pikaclone), but then I saw the art of it and really noticed those cheeks and I was like "oh yes Pikaclone." I think this is definitely my favorite Pikaclone (besides Mimikyu maybe), since at least Gen 6, and it might also beat Dedenne. I really like how it seems to favor standing on four legs rather than two, which is something we haven't seen for a Pikaclone. It does also kind of look like there could be an evolution, but I won't hope for one.

I've noticed a few people pointing it out on Twitter that Pokemon seem a little more too scale this time around. There was even a screenshot of some Flabebe who look absolutely tiny. And then there's Venonat who is 3'3'' and yet looks taller than the player. It might just be a weird camera angle or just something funky they haven't fixed yet (after all, blue Rhyhorn existed), but it's also possible we could be getting visible size differences in Pokemon like we did in PLA. Hoping that's what it means, but I won't cross my fingers.

-Good morning everybody!!!!! Oh boy, I just saw the trailer and I am so happy. :bulbaWave:
-VERSION EXCLUSIVE PROFESSORS, YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I was hoping we'd get some strong version differences what with the whole different starting outfits, but I did NOT expect different professors. I am HYPED! PRAYING we get version exclusive bosses (gyms, trials, whatever) too! :giggle: Oh yeah, and I like both professors designs. Sada almost looks like a cavewoman, while Turo looks like a member of the Ultra Recon Squad :LOL:
-The starters look so cute in game, and I'm so glad to see my boy Quaxly animated. He looks so suave and cute! Sprigatito and Fuecoco are adorbs too, but Quaxly stole my heart all over again. :bulbaLove:
-Pawmi is TOO CUTE. I was hoping they'd reveal the Pikaclone early and they DID! I didn't expect it, but I'm so glad. It's such a litle cutie! I'm a bit sad we didn't get version exclusive Pikaclones, but you know what, everyone deserves to have a Pawmi so I'm cool. :bulbaLove: Glad to see I've got 2 confirmed team members already.
-Lechonck is a little cutiepie too, as is Smolive.
-The legendaries are not what I imagined at all, but I'm digging them. As usual, I naturally can just tell which version will have the better box legend. I was already going with Scarlet and I love Koraidon! He looks awesome! The headress looking thing on his head is lit! :bulbaWave: But Miraidon looks swag too. I figured we might not get their types, so at least it'll be cool to guess! The both look like dragons so I'm guessing they'll be part dragon. Miraidon definitely looks like an electric type with the horns looking like electricity. But I'm not sure on Koraidon. He's red so my natural guess is fire, but I'm not too sure. Oh well, they look cool either way.
-I love that we got to see a bit of customization too. So are we only going to have different versions of the school uniform? I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the case, but I won't be too bummed so long as I can wear a dress version of it.
-Nemona looks cool! I like her design and I like that it also changes based on the version. I wonder if that bit about her not being able to throw Pokeballs will be important to the story...

Overall, great trailer! Can't wait to see more!

They look like Early Route Pokemon to me. Then again, since this is Open World we don't really have an early route, do we.

Well, every player will start in the same place (presumably) so we'll still have an "early area" even if it's not a route as we know them from the past.

It could also be like Sword/Shield where there's an initial set of traditional routes at the start of the game and then it opens up into the wild area. (except in Scarlet/Violets case there wouldn't be any more traditional routes after the initial routes.

Or it'll all be part of the open world but the starting area is built in a way that keeps players along a set path for the tutorial part of the game.

I don't know if it's a wild battle but we did see a Lechonk at level 2. (I feel like most trainer battles don't have Pokemon at that low a level though)

I get the sense that Lechonk and Smoliv could be early route/area mons. Pawmi might be a little later. (especially if it's a standalone mon)
Oh true. Lechonk probably is the early normal type then, and (just like in SwSh) our rival has one. And just like in SwSh, a rival has the pikaclone. Except here it’s the same rival. lol

While it is an open world game, I assume the area all around where you begin will have “early” Pokémon.

Oh, I think they implied that Larvitar and Bagon are version exclusives during the trading segment. It also lines up with the first trailer- the trainer encountering Larvitar there was wearing orange shorts and the one trading Larvitar for Bagon is also wearing orange shorts.

Kind of a bummer because I'd rather have Tyranitar but I prefer the Violet legendary, hmm... oh well, I'm sure I can manage to get one in.

Well, every player will start in the same place (presumably) so we'll still have an "early area" even if it's not a route as we know them from the past.

It could also be like Sword/Shield where there's an initial set of traditional routes at the start of the game and then it opens up into the wild area. (except in Scarlet/Violets case there wouldn't be any more traditional routes after the initial routes.

Or it'll all be part of the open world but the starting area is built in a way that keeps players along a set path for the tutorial part of the game.
That's how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom