• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

this kinda reminds me of one time while i was flying around with Braviary and i heard the shiny sound, but when i landed i could not find any shiny. come to think of it, there were a few Paras around.

The top one looks redder. Is that the shiny?

facepalm

A while ago I actually took screenshots of a Shiny and a normal Paras and edited out the shiny symbol to illustrate my point. See if you can tell them apart (don't actually answer which one it is, it's a rhetorical question:

If you must know though.

No, the bottom one is the shiny.

Here's the original image.

2022022118293100-7CBCCE282CD36658AB28471FB4791102-OG.jpg

My main gripe with the shiny coloration is with the ones that are similar colors to the normal color scheme but different shades. With them implementing HD shading on the newer models it becomes very difficult to tell them apart from the normal ones.

I actually had this issue with a Shiny Paras in LA where I heard the shiny jingle indicate that one had appeared in a Mass Outbreak, but because shiny Paras looks so similar to normal Paras, I had to stare at them for 10 seconds while they were busy trying to kill me just to figure out which one is the shiny.

A while ago I actually took screenshots of a Shiny and a normal Paras and edited out the shiny symbol to illustrate my point. See if you can tell them apart (don't actually answer which one it is, it's a rhetorical question:

They absolutely should not be keeping these kinds of shinies in the HD era. Pick some different colors so we can actually tell them apart.
lol the same exact thing happened to me with Petilil. I heard the shiny sound but didn't see any so I just caught everything in the vicinity and had no idea whether I actually got the shiny or not until I reported the new catches to the professor.

So a lot of people have been joking about being able to have motorcycle battles like Yu-gi-oh 5D's, but thinking about it, I don't think this is all that crazy an idea to have a gimmick battle style which takes place while riding a Pokemon and I'm wondering if they're seriously considering something like that. It's not at all that uncommon for action games to have more mobile battles that involve the player chasing/being chased by an enemy (in particular, you see this quite frequently for bosses in Sonic the Hedgehog games). They could potentially have you engage in turn based battles while you're running through the open world, possibly even adding attacks that serve as obstacles in the overworld for you to dodge in sort of an LA style. It'd also be somewhat of an evolution of what they did in Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs with some of the sky chase segments on Staraptor and later Latios/Latias (and in fact one of the most memorable parts of that game IMO was where you were trying to reach an island called Mt. Layuda where Zapdos was, but it was protected by constant thunderstorms, so when you went there for the first time there was a section where you were riding Latios/Latias and continuously dodging thunderbolts as you made your way to the island). That could actually be pretty intense and fun.

So a lot of people have been joking about being able to have motorcycle battles like Yu-gi-oh 5D's, but thinking about it, I don't think this is all that crazy an idea to have a gimmick battle style which takes place while riding a Pokemon and I'm wondering if they're seriously considering something like that. It's not at all that uncommon for action games to have more mobile battles that involve the player chasing/being chased by an enemy (in particular, you see this quite frequently for bosses in Sonic the Hedgehog games). They could potentially have you engage in turn based battles while you're running through the open world, possibly even adding attacks that serve as obstacles in the overworld for you to dodge in sort of an LA style. It'd also be somewhat of an evolution of what they did in Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs with some of the sky chase segments on Staraptor and later Latios/Latias (and in fact one of the most memorable parts of that game IMO was where you were trying to reach an island called Mt. Layuda where Zapdos was, but it was protected by constant thunderstorms, so when you went there for the first time there was a section where you were riding Latios/Latias and continuously dodging thunderbolts as you made your way to the island). That could actually be pretty intense and fun.
To expand on this even further, the main minigame for this region could be a "running of the bulls" where you have a bunch of Tauros (or something equivalent) chasing after you and you have to make it to the goal before they catch you. My initial idea is that you would ride on your pokemon where the speed stat (and other factors) would affect how well you do. Once you have the legendary pokemon, you can ride on their "motorcycle" form and maybe even unlock a harder mode for the minigame.

If I could have pokemon themed everything, you bet your sweet bippy I would.

Like them TVs in pokemon channel? Yes.
I am legit planning, once I can get my own place, to go as Pokemon-themed-but-mature-adult as possible with my decorating. Already bought some planters for my future plants.

20210612_161911.jpg 20210621_181931.jpg

Ahh oh my gosh those are so cute!
They are! =D I spent quite a bit on the bulbasaurs. They came from a shop on Etsy that was selling off the last of its stock, so I had to cave and snatch up all I wanted before it was all gone.

The "shaymin" was just a cheap little hedgehog planter I ordered from either Amazon or Walmart, though. I'd link but neither one seems to have it anymore.

Yeah the very first thing I thought of at the end of the trailer was “hey diamonds, like Dialga, the time Pokémon, this must be time travel of some kind.”

So the connection to quantum physics and time isn’t surprising, especially with the legend and prof names spelling it out to us that time is a huge theme of these games. The real question is how much they will go into it (will WE time travel? Will there be a specific connection to Dialga? Etc)

Back
Top Bottom