• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Yeah the very first thing I thought of at the end of the trailer was “hey diamonds, like Dialga, the time Pokémon, this must be time travel of some kind.”

So the connection to quantum physics and time isn’t surprising, especially with the legend and prof names spelling it out to us that time is a huge theme of these games. The real question is how much they will go into it (will WE time travel? Will there be a specific connection to Dialga? Etc)
You know, I do wonder if Dialga will have an important role in this game, since it is the one that controls it after all. Assuming we do time travel, perhaps it's with the help of Dialga.

If we do get time travel in these games, I'm imagining that Koraidon will send you to the past and Miraidon will send you to the future respectively. Either that, or they are both able to travel to the past and future. Yes, this is basically just Back to the Future where you'll use a vehicle to time travel.

If we do get time travel in these games, I'm imagining that Koraidon will send you to the past and Miraidon will send you to the future respectively. Either that, or they are both able to travel to the past and future. Yes, this is basically just Back to the Future where you'll use a vehicle to time travel.
Woah, this is heavy.

if time travel is going to be a major thing in this game, they should incorporate time-related pokemon like dialga or celebi in some form. maybe they should be version exclusives (though then the game should also add Palkia and a Celebi equivalent somewhere, unrelated to the main quest)

You know, I do wonder if Dialga will have an important role in this game, since it is the one that controls it after all. Assuming we do time travel, perhaps it's with the help of Dialga.
I doubt it. Gen 7 had a large motif on alternate dimensions which is palkias thing. But palkias only mention was in a book in kukuis wife's lab, and on cyrus's team in ultra moon. They just had new pokemon species that could travel through dimensions. Palkia is more about keeping space stable (what a good job he's doing with all these multiverses interacting with each other lmao) and dialga is about the flow of time not time travel.

So the legendary pokemon could be time travelers, just like celebi. And aside from hgss and PLA we haven't touched on time travel in the game's to much.

Yeah celebi was the time travel dude before dialga, so they could always just say these guys control that too

I doubt it. Gen 7 had a large motif on alternate dimensions which is palkias thing. But palkias only mention was in a book in kukuis wife's lab, and on cyrus's team in ultra moon. They just had new pokemon species that could travel through dimensions. Palkia is more about keeping space stable (what a good job he's doing with all these multiverses interacting with each other lmao) and dialga is about the flow of time not time travel.

So the legendary pokemon could be time travelers, just like celebi. And aside from hgss and PLA we haven't touched on time travel in the game's to much.
in mystery dungeon, dialga was capable of sending people to the past, so i see no reason why he can't do that. Palkia on the other hand has never shown control over alternate dimensions; i'd say that's Giratina's thing.

in mystery dungeon, dialga was capable of sending people to the past, so i see no reason why he can't do that. Palkia on the other hand has never shown control over alternate dimensions; i'd say that's Giratina's thing.
Yeah I’d say Palkia could like… move things around throughout the current universe you’re in, but maybe not between universes/dimensions like where ultra space and stuff are? Seems less impressive just because anything we can see can move through 3D space already, while the 4th dimension (time) is unavailable to us.

Yeah, I guess I always figured Palkia could maybe alter the distance between objects/locations? That kind of space, rather than stars and planets and Ultra Space and such.

And then yeah, I always assumed Dialga was more about managing the flow of time— could speed it up, slow it down, move it backwards— rather than Celebi-style time travel.

is there any real reason to believe palkia and dialga actually control time and space? i was always under the impression that they were more, like, watchdogs than anything else

is there any real reason to believe palkia and dialga actually control time and space? i was always under the impression that they were more, like, watchdogs than anything else
Not really, at least in the main series’ continuity. I think what you’re saying is perfectly likely.

The only thing I can think of that really supports what I was speculating is Smash Bros.

I'm really liking the new Pokemon now that I've drawn them:

IMG_20220615_153651316~2.jpg

Drawing this has made me realize that Lechonk looks like a piggy bank.

In Pt, it is explicitly stated Cyrus needed the Red Chain because capturing the DP Legends in Poke Balls would prevent them from using their full spacetime manipulation abilities.

The fact that cyrus was trying to use them to make a new universe and in one universe atleast was successful (rainbow rocket cyrus)

Also aren't they officially referred to as deities in legends?

Back
Top Bottom