• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

After rewatching the trailer a bunch I have noticed that Miraidon is much less expresive/animated than Koraidon. It never opens it's mouth, I am pretty sure its Driving and Swimming animations are litterally identical, and just generally there were no shots of it doing that... interesting of an animation frankly, compared to Koraidon.

People finally realizing Koraidon has chest/tail resembling a wheel, how Miraidon resembles a jet.

After rewatching the trailer a bunch I have noticed that Miraidon is much less expresive/animated than Koraidon. It never opens it's mouth, I am pretty sure its Driving and Swimming animations are litterally identical, and just generally there were no shots of it doing that... interesting of an animation frankly, compared to Koraidon.

I'm guessing Miraidon using his legs as jets solves all of its terrain issues while limiting the animation ideas ://

It makes sense since Miraidon is probably just Mecha Koraidon. What it lacks in expression and movements, it probably makes up in expressive eyes due to its eyes being LED displays.

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing. Koraidon is so expressive and his traveling actions are so diverse and interesting compared to Miradion who basically has the exact same pose in all of his travel modes. I'm going to enjoy traveling around on Koraidon so much :bulbaLove:

Long post incoming. Been thinking a lot lately about the recent information and I really hope that this game will actually be set up in a way that we can truly play out our stories the way we want to. I really don't want them to be going on about how we can play in any order we want on the site, but in actuality there is some sort of 'desired' path the game prefers we take. Obviously it won't be forced, but I worry that the design will be such, that they expect we take on challenges in a certain order.

I just keep thinking about the gyms and how they said we can battle them in any order...and yet they made it clear that there are 'stronger' and therefore 'weaker' gym leaders. I mean, if there are leaders stronger than others, that means I really can't battle them in any order because just logically it makes no sense to go all the way to a gym leader, realize I'm too low leveled for them, get swept, grind up to battle them again, then go back to sweep through the weaker ones. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good that there is an option for those who want it. And for people who plan to do the other stories first and leave the gyms for last, it doesn't really matter. But to me it just doesn't sound like it would be fun. Outside of me literally replacing my team for each gym battle, it seems pointless to battle a stronger leader before a weaker one because I'll be over-leveled and just destroy them easily. Again, obviously we technically can battle the gyms in any order, but just thinking about what makes sense, it sounds like there are still leaders meant to be battled before others.

And my big issue (what this whole post amounts to) is that that I fear having to backtrack. I really don't want to choose to set out on my preferred path only to realize that I'm too weak for something, or I need a certain item that I can only get somewhere else, and I need to backtrack or head off to somewhere else. Even riding on the legendary, that still would take time away from me actually doing what I want to do. Maybe I am missing something or I'm just thinking too much and I'm overreacting, because the site didn't provide too much detail. I do hope that they'll provide more information before release or that at least in game there will be something optional that can give us an idea of the level ranges for not only the gyms but the other 2 stories' tasks as well. I'm still excited for the games, that was just something on my mind, but again, I might just be overthinking it.
I share some of those worries too. Looking at the map, it feels more like a "Choose your path between right and left" and less the fully open world we want. Even if you get the Corviknight Taxi equivalent early if the game, travelling from left to right doesn't seem easy or smooth with that giant chasm in the middle. Couldn't they place the chasm somewhere else?

However, I have also thought that if you want your dream team before the first gym you'll have to take a messy trip around the region anyway, so maybe how and where you travel doesn't matter?

The fact that they had to consider all of that on top of designing an open world on top of the usual restraints on top of COVID make me worry about the game...

Even if you get the Corviknight Taxi equivalent early if the game, travelling from left to right doesn't seem easy or smooth with that giant chasm in the middle. Couldn't they place the chasm somewhere else?

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. I really hope there will actually be a smooth fast travel like the traditional Fly, because if we have to manually fly around, that chasm will be annoying to deal with.

So you're saying it's fairly...robotic?

So you're saying it's fairly...robotic?
I mean I... Guess? But you can animate something robotically without it being bland. I think part of the problem is that pretty much the only animations we have seen from Miraidon are the idle's/ride mode animatons. As opposed to in cutscene animations which are usually more interesting in pokemon games, and we have seen more of for Koraidon. I am still pretty sure Miraidon's mouth doesn't open though.

Thought Stonjourner was cringy in the past, still do now even in the trailer, though I have a general better opinion of Gen 8 than most despite how controversial it is in the game universe (do however, agree with the fanbase Gen 7 generally ended up superior at the end of the day).

Re: the three starters, the Grass one is okay but reminds me way too much of Fennekin in Gen 6, I actually like Fuecoco most, and Quaxley is meh..could be better, could be worse I suppose.

Love this open world direction, the graphics are fantastic, SCVT feel like PLA refined in the final form open world in this regard. Really tired of the same gym formula, though, wish they'd try something to shake that up by now (the Totem thing in SM/USUM was kinda interesting, but similar at the end of the day). And Pokemon 5D's with the legendaries is very...um, well, odd "Pokemon on motorcycles!" though...but I do think the station idea is both creative and odd.

Not sure what to think so early on of Gen 9: think the motorcycle legendary style riding is probably the poorest idea so far, but the graphics are superb and the Gen 9 starters seem to have fairly decent-good designs so far. I'll have to play them to give them a fair shake.

Attachments

• Pokemon 5Ds!.jpg
    Pokemon 5Ds!.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for the heads up! I tend to watch dubs when I can just so I don't have to read consantly. (I likes lookin at the animation n stuff and subtitles distract from that sometimes)

Pokeyman battles on motorcycles, y'all.

Thanks for the heads up! I tend to watch dubs when I can just so I don't have to read consantly. (I likes lookin at the animation n stuff and subtitles distract from that sometimes)

Pokeyman battles on motorcycles, y'all.
The voice acting is actually fairly decent in the dub, save Aussie Jack, as 4Kids loved their random accents (easily has the best Yu-Gi-Oh dub opening too, ironically, catchy), but it’s a show much better viewed in Japanese since you get stuff edited out in the dub or in, and the scripts tend to be less juvenile. That said, I was kind of shocked 4Kids kept this in the dub save the random white flashes, for them this is pretty wow to let people get punched and kicked on screen.

Could say the same about Pokemon, though, most of the fandom has shifted towards the Japanese Version since XY (Goldfarb's music is a divisive topic for many, as is the censorship returning in the TPCI dub almost a decade after 4Kids dubbed the Series), but I would love to be able to watch it in English subs from BF onward-- some even would from OS.

was stonejourner controversial?

Not any more or any less than say, Muk, Garbodor, etc, just always thought it was one of the poorer designs for recent Pokemon in Gen 8.

Last edited:
Not any more or any less than say, Muk, Garbodor, etc, just always thought it was one of the poorer designs for recent Pokemon in Gen 8.
Personally, I thought it was an interesting take on like Pokémon-ifying a landmark and turning it into your standard RPG rock golem. The only thing I didn't like about Stonjurner was the fact that it was so hard to get in Shield because nobody bred them or put them up on Surprise Trade. But that's just me.

Personally, I thought it was an interesting take on like Pokémon-ifying a landmark and turning it into a standard RPG rock golem. The only thing I didn't like about Stonjurner was the fact that it was so hard to get in Shield because nobody bred them or put them up on Surprise Trade. But that's just me.
It's not terrible, but I think it's face was a bit childishly designed though.

I think Gen 8 comes in for undeserved heat vs other Gens in the game universe, I did like Gen 7 more but the only real issue I have with it (probably will with Gen 9) is Dexit, not sure if we're going to have to import our SCVT Pokemon into Pokemon Home to get the full Dex again...hope not, but heard we may.

Gen 8's new Pokémon don't seem to be as disliked as gen 5's, on the general internet that is. Of all generations, 5 generated the biggest amount of 'hate' towards designs (undeservingly so, in my opinion).

What with a lot of love for generation 2 Pokémon on the Switch titles (Cursola, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, Overqwil, Sneasler and gen 9's upcoming evolutions for Wooper, Girafarig and Dunsparce), I hope generation 3's turn will come, as well. Plenty of species could use evolutions or split branches to spice things up.

Generation 4 and 6 are at quite a good place and don't 'need' as much. Although some small touch-ups here and there are always welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom