• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I kind of wish they'd reveal the starter mid-evo in the new trailer so I can be surer which one I do want from those three. I know SwSh didn't reveal those, but it's just that once. Even Legends' final trailer had something to do with the starters, albeit just a teaser.

I kind of wish they'd reveal the starter mid-evo in the new trailer so I can be surer which one I do want from those three. I know SwSh didn't reveal those, but it's just that once. Even Legends' final trailer had something to do with the starters, albeit just a teaser.
Considering what they did the last time there was a leak of starter evos...wouldn't surprise me if they did do a starter evo trailer.

This late in the promotion cycle I'm expecting something big like new forms or a major story element. Either that or the second stages of the starters. Or both. It feels like this will be a big trailer but we'll have to see...

I don't mind then not revealing the evolutions prior to release. It helps maintain the surprise factor. And technically, Legends didn't fully reveal them either, so I'd say they're continuing on a tradition started by Sword and Shield, which I wouldn't be surprised to see continuing in future games as well.

that was stinkier than the reveal trailer last month
Edit : Wait I think they reposted it since when I was watching it 34 seconds after it released I didn't see the Donphan forms.

Last edited:
That definitely would have been a good trailer to reveal some starter evos. With that music, it would have been a pretty good hype builder. But I'm not gonna be too mad about it, the game is a couple of weeks away. Besides the missed opportunity, it wasn't a bad trailer. All the different shots were cool, and from how it looks, it seems the people and Pokemon are a whole lot more expressive than they were in past games.

That definitely looked like some sort of past and future Donphan, and dang that past one looks so freaking cool! Another potential team member added to the list!

Will go into the trailer more later, but for now, I have to get ready for work.

Honestly I find it unintentionally funny they're so set on not showing a starter's evolved from that we have a shot of the player still rocking a Quaxly alongside Tyranitar and other fully-evolved party members.

I'm too old to have a fair opinion on modern music, but the song didn't feel quite right with what was on screen and reminded me of the AMV explosion in the earlier youtube days.
Edit: Charizard event raid distribution:
December 1-4, then 15-18. Odd choices since it means everyone getting it for Christmas will miss out.

Last edited:
For frick's sake, the website implies regional evolutions like Kleavor are transfer-exclusive. This means you probably won't be able to evolve your Ursaring/Scyther/Stantler.

Back
Top Bottom