• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

I think that they're Electric/Dragon and Steel/Psychic instead.
I hope not, since i don't prefer the Johto Paradoxes to share a type and considering Walking Wake is already part Dragon, i wouldn't like Raging Bolt to be part Dragon type.

I think we also get a new trailer before Teal Mask rolls around with the releasedate for the Indigo Disk and the Scarlet and Violet physical copies + DLC bundle, like with Sword and Shield.

Paradox Raikou/Raging Bolt won me over with the artwork, something about that brief clip of the model did not give its best side. Paradox Cobalion/Iron Crown is good, better than Iron Leaves which I felt was too close to Virizion.

Didn't expect a Duraludon evolution, but I like Archaludon more than it. Driplin I'm not as sure of, though it does fit the Gmax form more than the other two evolutions.

I think it's clear terapagos is not that orb they found in area zero.

Considering what we got the last time we went there, what we find after the dlc's has the potential to be the darkest thing in a main series game.

I'm guessing Drayton might be related to Drayden. Also, predicting Fezandipity is Fairy/Poison, Munkidori Psychic/Poison, Okidogi Fighting/Poison based on the moved that they were showed off with in the new trailer.

Gosh I am so happy to see the Applin family get a new member. I just have such a soft spot for food-based Pokemon and seeing Applin get a new evolution is great. What a cute little baby.

The two new areas in the DLC look like they will be a lot of fun to explore. I am absolutely loving Kitakami with all its rocky mountains and lush greenery. It feels similar to Paldea with its verticality but it's so different at the same time. Looking forward to the change in scenery. And the Terrarium in the Indigo Disk looks awesome. The stark contrasts between the different biomes are great, and it looks like we'll see a wide variety of Pokemon there.

Love the new paradox forms. The Cobaillion looks pretty sick and I absolutely adore long-necked Raikou. I don't think it can beat Walking Wake in my book but's it's pretty close. Definitely thinking Electric/Dragon for the typing to keep in line with Walking Wake.

While the game is definitely nowhere near as pretty as New Pokemon Snap, I am looking forward to seeing what we can do with the photography bit with Perrin. I always love little photography mini-games in video games. Speaking of Perrin, she along with Briar are my favorite new characters they've revealed for the DLCs thus far (in design at least). I had a feeling we would be getting Adaman's descendant somewhere within Scarlet and Violet and Perrin definitely looks the part. And I know this is just my mind playing tricks on me but I can't help but see hints of Irida's design in her as well. With like the hair shape? It's probably just me shipping them too hard but I can dream! And Briar is absolutely awesome. Love the hair and the little Terastalized earrings.

Overall quite happy with what we saw today, and I am looking forward to playing the DLC next month.

Last edited:
Apparently some japanese fans didn't know if Lacey was a boy or a girl and had to check the english site to see if Lacey was a she or a he. (I assume that's because Taro is a male name?)

Gosh I am so happy to see the Applin family get a new member. I just have such a soft spot for food-based Pokemon and seeing Applin get a new evolution is great. What a cute little baby.

The two new areas in the DLC look like they will be a lot of fun to explore. I am absolutely loving Kitakami with all its rocky mountains and lush greenery. It feels similar to Paldea with its verticality but it's so different at the same time. Looking forward to the change in scenery. And the Terrarium in the Indigo Disk looks awesome. The stark contrasts between the different biomes are great, and it looks like we'll see a wide variety of Pokemon there.

Love the new paradox forms. The Cobaillion looks pretty sick and I absolutely adore long-necked Raikou. I don't think it can beat Walking Wake in my book but's it's pretty close. Definitely thinking Electric/Dragon for the typing to keep in line with Walking Wake.

While the game is definitely nowhere near as pretty as New Pokemon Snap, I am looking forward to seeing what we can do with the photography bit with Perrin. I always love little photography mini-games in video games. Speaking of Perrin, she along with Briar are my favorite new characters they've revealed for the DLCs thus far (in design at least). I had a feeling we would be getting Adaman's descendant somewhere within Scarlet and Violet and she definitely looks the part. And I know this is just my mind playing tricks on me but I can't help but see hints of Irida's design in her as well. With like the hair shape? It's probably just me shipping them too hard but I can dream! And Briar is absolutely awesome. Love the hair and the little Terastalized earrings.

Overall quite happy with what we saw today, and I am looking forward to playing the DLC next month.

Ngl, i can see Palina in Briar.

Looking at the design of Crispin... Alder and Benga connection right there. I mean... the hair is a dead giveaway

1691517126894.png

1691517159309.png
1691517244722.png

Crispins red is slightly darker than Alder and Benga's, but all three have the same color orange.

OMG, everything from the DLC looks great!!

Kitakami is so beautiful. Dipplin is SO AMAZING. I stan Appletun so hard but DIPPLIN is just beautiful!!! :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: :bulbaLove: Definitely the best reveal of the trailer. Archualadon is...something I guess. Raging Bolt and Iron Crown look nice tho. Also I'm glad they confirmed that the mystery Pokémon was just a different form of Terapagos, though I wonder why they didn't just say that from the start and acted like it was something totally separate. The wording on the official site also makes me wonder if it'll have more forms than the 2 we know of.

I'm so much more intriguied by Carmine and Kieran. Especially Kieran since it looks like he's going to have a pretty interesting story on his own. I'm also super curious as to how Ogerpon, Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti fit into all of this. Also the fact that Ogerpon doesn't get a Tera Jewel crown when it Terastalizes is interesting. I wonder if it'll be the only Pokémon that has this feature (like Calyrex being the only Pokémon with blue Dynmax energy) or if we'll see it with others.

Perrin and her photography mission looks like it'll be super fun. And speaking of photography the new functions look great. Can't wait to see all of the new poses. And the new tools will make it SOOOOO much easier to actually take nice pictures. But I seriously feel like those things should have been in the BASE GAME! I've been struggling all this time! :annoyedVoltorb:

I was surprised to hear that the Blueberry Academy has its own league and E4. That's pretty cool. Nice to see all of the members in game. The fact that they have trials in order to take them on is nice. Once again, reminds me of Alola's trials and of course the gym tests in the first story. Interesting how they brought up that the new form of flying for Koraidon/Miraidon may be able to be fully utilized in some other form.

The league club looks nice. I can't wait to redecorate that room into the pink version :bulbaLove: The fact that we'll be able to invite over the Paldea Gym Leaders will be nice. I hope other characters will be able to show up, like the Star Bosses.

I do find it interesting how the title of the DLC is The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, and yet they've not show any new footage of within Area Zero itself and only just today brought up the fact that we'll be going back there. I'm assuming it'll be at the end of the Indigo Disk so I guess we'll learn more about that later.

Overall great stuff, and I'm hyped for the release of The Teal Mask next month! :bulbaWave:

• Finally some raid news to celebrate. Instead of lasting for less than a weekend, it lasts two weeks and you got a FREE MEW and enough time to prepare for it. Hopefully future events are closer to it in conception.
  • Dipplin is meh...I get the concept but it feels more like a regional variant than a fully-evolved form. And couldn't they give it a new type at least? Archaludon is actually cool and makes a better use of its concept than its preevo. Raging Bolt takes a while to used to (but less than the abominations Origin Dialga & Palkia...) but it looks cool at the end. Iron Crown has some very pleasing shades of blue and it has more changes than Iron Leaves but could still change more.
  • I see no one talking about Ogerpon's forme change lol I guess it's pretty forgetable even if it could have some kind of secret. Normal-Terapagos' nature reveal should definitely had not take this long.
  • The trailer was finally centered around the story and features! The story is decent enough, the most intriguing part is the Elite Four of the Blueberry Academy which I hope we can challenge more than once. The features aren't outstanding but at least there are a couple minigames and sidequests to keep you entertained.
  • It was nice to have confirmation that "The hidden treasure of Area Zero" title isn't just decorative and that there's an story on that location that starts when you end the other two. I wonder if it will be as amazing as the base games' one.

At this point it is pretty clear that Terapagos isn't the 3rd legendary but given the sketched picture in the book... Terapagos is something that the 3rd legendary wants. Just what is going to happen when we get Terapagos and just how does Ogerpon fit into this story.

I’m more excited for the DLC than I was before. Though, I’d say I’m still not that excited for it.

I felt the name for the Mew event was a little too simple making it sound silly. But I guess that’s all the event is “Get Mew”.

Dipplin is meh...I get the concept but it feels more like a regional variant than a fully-evolved form. And couldn't they give it a new type at least?
I agree that Dipplin is not super duper amazing. Its design is Applin but with red sauce and a taller stem. It does have that head sticking out of it which is cute. There just could’ve been different things that could’ve been done for Applin instead of those small changes

Kieran is definitely giving off villain vibes for me, so I guess he'll probably be the antagonist of the Teal Mask. Also, did anyone else catch that clip where it looks like Ogerpon's mask fell off?
Since posting this it's now been revealed the area with Perrin is called, the Timeless Woods...
They also said in the narration that time passes slowly in Kitakami...

Archaludon is so dope. Would have been cool if it was a Druddigon evolution considering everything, but Archaludon is so dope I'll allow it (Pretty funny the evolution of a Galar Pokémon ends up looking like Unova's Bridge in railcannon mode).

Perrin. I- Thank you, Adaman. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Everything shown in the trailer looks dope. Only thing that concerns me is no mention of Nemona, Penny and Arven. Especially for Nemona, Blueberry sounds like paradise. I hope she makes an appearance through the instructor feature with a gimmick like Ingo in PLA where she rotates between a lot of Pokémon/teams. We know she has more than the 6 she uses against us, after all.

Back
Top Bottom