• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

last min DLC predictions

I think Teal Mask will have two parts, one that is Area zero focused and one that is more standalone. So Teal Mask will have a story focused entirely on Kitakami and an expansion of the AZ story that connects with it. Former will be available at any time latter will need the former complete as well as The Way Home

Indigo Disk's will need the Way Home to be complete to start the storyline, but will otherwise operate similarity, first story will focus on Blueberry and how it has gotten Tera crystals and maybe Terapagos, last one will be the Grand finale where the Player and all their friends return with the Raidon and Terapagos to uncover the hidden treasure and explore Terapagos' role in the "Time Machine"

BTW it recently dawned on me that Terapagos' name and design could be a Darwin reference, fitting with the evolutionary themes of the Paradox mons.

The hype train has finally hit. I mean I was excited before, but I think it really hit me last week that the DLC was coming soon, and I am definitely ready for it. Kitakami looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to explore and while I absolutely love Paldea, it will be nice to have a change of scenery. I wonder how big Kitakami will be compared to SwSh's DLC areas, The Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. I'm thinking it's going to be a little bit bigger, as the Terrarium under Blueberry Academy in the Indigo Disk looks like it's going to a little smaller.

I am also so excited to be able to catch some of the other older Pokemon. Honestly, when the DLCs were first announced I thought I would just go into them with the same team and maybe rotate a few members out to use some of the new guys. But the more I saw with the returning Pokemon, the more I wanted to make a brand new team. So I've already got a new team decided and I am so excited to be able to use them. The shiny hunter in me is also so excited for this DLC. I've wanted a shiny Furret since forever, but my hunts in previous games never worked out. Not to mention Hoothoot is gonna be in it and I might finally be able to reclaim my first shiny ever, the one I lost to lost save data. I never use shiny sandwiches because I dislike the grind for herba mystica, but I made sure to save a couple for these guys.

This DLC looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I am really excited to see what Kitakami brings.

I was excited about the DLC and made the purchase when I could, but now I don't have much interest in it (meaning that money was wasted). I haven't even done the Sword and Shield DLC. Like I have said before on my profile wall, I am burned out. Gen 9 will be the last generation of Pokemon I do (unless they release a game that peaks my interest). I have been playing Pokemon since it released. I started in Gen 1. That was, like, 25 years ago. At this point, most if not all my friends have either moved away and/or stopped playing Pokemon.

So apparently, from what I've learned about Blood Moon Form Ursaluna, it's apparently a special attacker now. Yep. You heard me right. A special attacking Ursaluna. :lapras: And what a Special Attack stat it has too, as it swaps its attack stats, sort of, getting base 70 attack now and base 135 Special Attack! :eek: It gets Moonblast too, to fit in with the whole moon theme even more, and Earth Power. Too bad its designed with a physical movepool in mind, and its special movepool is reallly sparse. Good thing it gets Calm Mind though. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, it gets priority in Vacuum Wave! And that's where Minds Eye will come in handy.

Finished the main story of Teal Mask.

I like how they seem to be building an overarching story for the DLC, with Briar wanting access to Area Zero to verify her ancestor Heath's discoveries and Kieran seeming to want revenge on us for befriending Ogerpon (I'm really feeling like he's going to have an arc similar to Paulo from Masters EX, we pretty much destroyed him and it looks like he's about to do something even worse in Indigo Disk). Really makes the DLC feel more like a proper expansion than a few self-contained stories and I'm excited to see where this leads.

I figured that Ogerpon was going to be friendly (and boy is it absolutely adorable under that mask), but I didn't think they were going to make the Loyal Three evil, that's not something they normally do in Pokemon. Not sure if there's just more to the story you find out by actually catching them, but I didn't quite see the subversion coming, I thought it was just Ogerpon that was misunderstood. But having it follow you around as you venture around Kitakami helping it get its masks back from the Loyal Three was a nice moment.

And that Ogerpon battle. They really went all out with that one. Not the hardest thing in the world but it is quite a marathon essentially having to fight 4 Tera Raid battles in a row singlehandedly. That one might be a bit much for some of the more casual players.

Been playing through, and gotta say, I appreciate a lot of the quality of life improvements

the enhanced camera features in particular are a big highlight for me. Has made taking photos a whole lot more intuitive.
the little touch of past gen musical themes being used to command Pokemon in the photos was too cute

At first, I was not planning on doing the DLC, but since it becomes accessible with the Treasure Hunt starts (which is basically the very start of the game), I have changed my mind about not doing it. I shall do it. I am going to speed run the beginning of the game with Fuecoco for no other reason, then, because I can. I am going to make a whole team with Pokemon found in the DLC. I might use Fuecoco, might not.

Finished the main story last night I think:

Kieran...buddy...no. Come back to this side. It's okay.

Kinda sad they're gonna make us wait a couple more months to see the siblings again on that note, gonna be worried about the brother's sanity the whole time. But I like how the DLC parts are connected.

The story with Ogerpon was good. Always have a thing for "the humans got the whole legend backwards" type of stories. Figured there was a bit more to the story, but the Lousy Three being evil little jerks and going around beating them up for bullying wasn't on my prediction list there, but I like it. Never hated a Pokemon before, but came pretty close during this story. Ogerpon herelf was way cuter than I imagined and fell in love with her. Did feel bad for Kieran, but...that boy's got his own problems to take care of before he can raise a kinda legendary. It was really sweet seeing him be the one to clear things up with the village though.

The crystal lake was really cool, really wonder how those crystals got there. Loved the eerie music, especially when I could hear a bit of Area Zero in it.

Difficulty wise, I didn't use my main team. It was a mix of my starter, Dachbun/Tinkaton, and some Hisuian forms I brought over that were in the high 60s. Like the Isle of Armour, it was easy at first because despite the level scaling the mons are unevolved, but the fights were definitely more fun and difficult for me at the end as the levels and evolutions caught up. Definitely not as easy as Isle of Armour was, at least.

I think my only real complaint was forcing the Exp. Charm on you...again. The one thing I did not want them to carry over. Guess I won't be doing that part of the story until post game on any new playthroughs. Getting it early completely screwed up one of my SWSH playthroughs.

EDIT: Guess I didn't love Ogerpon that much if I spent a whole post incorrectly calling her Onipon even if that was my personal nickname for her. Oops.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Still got plenty to do from what I've seen. Really excited for The Indigo Disk to continue the story though.

Was so happy seeing so many Johto mons like Furrett return. Need to start transferring what I can from HOME too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the level range for the Teal Mask DLC is? If you started fresh, what level were your team at the end of it?

I haven't bought the DLC yet, I'm still wondering what it will be like if I start a new save file (I want to avoid levels being scaled up) and went to Kitakami as soon as possible. Is there enough gameplay in Kitakami to fully evolve a team like in the base game?

I'm sort of thinking that I could probably use a new team to play the DLC although I'll probably still have to play through the main game again since the Indigo Disc will be post game. (I don't think they've confirmed that but it would have to be considering it's focused on Area Zero)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the level range for the Teal Mask DLC is? If you started fresh, what level were your team at the end of it?

I haven't bought the DLC yet, I'm still wondering what it will be like if I start a new save file (I want to avoid levels being scaled up) and went to Kitakami as soon as possible. Is there enough gameplay in Kitakami to fully evolve a team like in the base game?

I'm sort of thinking that I could probably use a new team to play the DLC although I'll probably still have to play through the main game again since the Indigo Disc will be post game. (I don't think they've confirmed that but it would have to be considering it's focused on Area Zero)
mid-50s to mid-70s so far for me. i can't really answer your other questions though, sorry ><

I had to start new since I had defeated my save before the DLC was announced. It is level 10 to 11 for me.
oh, i beat the game. that totally tracks, it would be stupid for them to let you into a region when your team is level 10 max and pit you against mon the levels of those in the story's final boss right off the bat

So...the DLC. I like it, except for two things: Carmine and the ending. Seriously, I don't know why this game is pushing for Carmine to be our ally when she's the reason Kieran has the issues that he has. Considering that she's constantly brushing him off, telling him to leave for no reason, and whenever he tries to talk to her, her response is always "Don't get an attitude with me, kid!" can you really blame him for doing what he did? I feel so bad for him because all he wants to do is be friends with the MC and spend time with his sister but Carmine is constantly treating him like a nuisance and telling him to go away. Worst of all, when Kieran gets upset that Carmine and the MC lied to him, understandably so, Carmine has the gall to just chalk it up to him going through an angsty teen phase rather than realizing that her constantly belittling him and brushing him off as a nuisance is the reason. She doesn't even so much as apologize to him after the fact, so her attempts to include him in the Ogerpon quest come off as really hollow to me because of this. I cannot being myself to sympathize with or care about Carmine in any way because of just how dismissive she is of not only her brother's issues, but for not even trying to own up to the fact that she's unknowingly grounded his self-confidence to dust. Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of Kieran being a villain in the next DLC. In my opinion, he doesn't need to be a villain. He needs validation, and friends who genuinely support and appreciate him and don't treat him like a nuisance. As someone who experienced similar things growing up, I just want to give Kieran a hug so bad...and punch Carmine in the face.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Back
Top Bottom