• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet / Violet regional pokedex predictions

TheHungryBox

Reaction score
Those already confirmed - https://pokepast.es/8259ee02d9be13dc (Zangoose screams lock, since Seviper is here already)

NOTE: This region is based on Spain and Portugal, so consider and think about the animals that live(d) there

RULES:
-No past gen starters (expect maybe the Gen 1 and 8 starters, maybe even the Legends Arceus starters and their other members but that's kinda a stretch)
-No past gen legendaries, mythicals (and by extension Ultra Beasts), at least not until this game's DLC (except maybe Mewtwo, Mew, Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus)
-Probably no past gen fossils

With all that aside, i could see Dragonite since there's this Dratini statue which isn't a confirmation, whiling Zangoose should be a lock since Seviper is already confirmed

Whiling not as well-known, everytime Clawitzer and Dragalge were there, those two were always version exclusives (expect in ORAS where only Skrelp was there iirc)

I feel like we need to see a bit more before we can properly tell which Pokemon are going to be present, but I think probable candidates are:

Tauros- Spain has a lot of history with bulls, so I feel like Tauros is an obvious given. Maybe it could even get a regional variant.
Miltank- As Tauros's unofficial female counterpart, she has to be present if Tauros is.
The Eevee family- maybe not as likely as the former two, but Eevee does have mascot status, so that might give it automatic entry.
Ditto- the only Pokemon on this list that I think is 100% guaranteed, because unless breeding mechanics get some sort of overhaul, Ditto needs to be present in the games due to how important it is for breeding.

Litleo and Pyroar are likely inclusions as well, as is the Honedge line.

we're defs gonna see ditto and the eevee line. i think magikarp/gyarados are also practically guaranteed. i also don't think they'll ditch lucario, considering how popular it is

Ditto is an obvious one I think.

Aside from Zangoose, Skrelp/Dragalge and Eiscue also feel like they could be likely.....since their counterparts the Clauncher and Stonjourner lines are in the game. Not a guarantee but I think they're still in the likely group.

Oricorio feels thematically like it would make sense....but then we never had Solrock/Lunatone in Sun & Moon so thematic connections can be deceiving.

i also think it'd be cool if they introduced just enough new mons to bring the total up to 1001, with the last one in national dex order being mythical
Alternatively, go up to 999 by the end of Gen 9, and start off Gen 10 in 2026 for their 30th anniversary with a big mythical at #1000.

It means SV would have around 70 new dex numbers, since there will be more to Gen 9 than just this game. That would make it XY levels of low new Pokémon, so maybe we’ll see more regional variants this time than in the past.

Alternatively, go up to 999 by the end of Gen 9, and start off Gen 10 in 2026 for their 30th anniversary with a big mythical at #1000.

It means SV would have around 70 new dex numbers, since there will be more to Gen 9 than just this game. That would make it XY levels of low new Pokémon, so maybe we’ll see more regional variants this time than in the past.
This is most likely imo

Feels pretty safe to assume Zubat will be in the game, if not by default then in a DLC like SWSH. We already have the other 2 gen 1 lines to be in every region sense introduction.
Same situation with Heracross, but any generations beyond that feel like they could easily still be broken, especially once you reach Gen 5 or 6.

Ditto- the only Pokemon on this list that I think is 100% guaranteed, because unless breeding mechanics get some sort of overhaul, Ditto needs to be present in the games due to how important it is for breeding.
Alternatively, we could get a new Pokémon that takes its role in terms of breeding.

One thing i haven't seen anyone bring up: While technically not part of the Pokedex, Scarlet and Violet might do something similar to what Sword and Shield did and have pokemon in the game that are transfer exclusive (You can transfer them in but not catch them in game). Most notable SWSH let you transfer in the Alola starters, main legends, and mythicals.
So SV might do a similar thing and let you transfer in the Gen 8 starters, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, and maybe Zarude
Edit: Also potentially do a similar thing but for PLA, let you also transfer in those starters, Dialga, Palkia and Arceus

Last edited:
i expect that we'll at least be able to transfer in all the new mons and hisuian forms introduced in arceus. would be weird if we can never use them in a regular pokemon game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom