• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Screen Time Project

Majin-Luffy

Reaction score
Good day Pokémon fans!

I started earlier this year with a screen time project of Pokémon. Counted every second a Pokémon/human/item appears in an episode.
Right now i have Indigo + Orange League completed. Working atm at Johto Journeys. All stored on an Excel-file.

While everyone knows wich Pokémon is on top of the screen time, it was very fun to see how the top 10 came to conclusion. How many seconds appears Bulbasaur in the series, or Psyduck? Or Growlithe?

Here's the first vid, a bar chart race i made from the Indigo League with Pokémon only. Planning to do one with people/items in the future.

Thanks for hearing me out! Pardon my bad english.

If anyone wants a full list, i can arrange that.

Really says a lot about how the OG cast was treated when Jigglypuff is above everyone that wasnt either a walking pokemon, comic relief, or starter

yeah indeed, but for the next season, Orange League, Jigglypuff gets kicked back a few places (not top 20 anymore)

Wow this must have taken AGES to compile, but exactly the sort of stats I love to see… Great job!

Thanks and yeah i started December last year so ... lots of counting xD

This is amazing!

Thank you!

This is great! I've always been curious about stuff like this but actually seeing it in motion really puts it all into perspective. This is some awesome work you've done!

I'm really interested in the chart for the human characters' screen time that you mentioned, I would love to see that when you get around to it. :)

I’d be really, really interested to see one for JN.

I'll get there! :p

This is great! I've always been curious about stuff like this but actually seeing it in motion really puts it all into perspective. This is some awesome work you've done!

I'm really interested in the chart for the human characters' screen time that you mentioned, I would love to see that when you get around to it. :)

Thanks man, appreciate it!

And here you go, the complete Indigo League screen time of major characters & items (the pokédex and badges):

You should explain how some gym leaders got under 3 minutes when just their battles were longer. Did you literally count the seconds their faces were on the screen?

Congratulations! Seems like a demanding but rewarding job. Jigglypuff and Charizard got much less than expected, and also Squirtle and Bulbasaur were really close all the time.

You should explain how some gym leaders got under 3 minutes when just their battles were longer. Did you literally count the seconds their faces were on the screen?

Well I counted the seconds from the people's waist up till top of the head. So yeah, some appears very little in those gym-episodes. Not my fault :p
Here you have example from gym 3 (lt surge) & gym 4 (erika):
HzrZQOU.png

6x58sVp.png

Congratulations! Seems like a demanding but rewarding job. Jigglypuff and Charizard got much less than expected, and also Squirtle and Bulbasaur were really close all the time.

Thanks! Yeah indeed, they really race each other :p

New video with the full ranking of the Pokémon in Indigo League:

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom