• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Showdown

Professor Jacel

I choose.... WarGreyMon
Reaction score
So Smogon claimed this as there Personal Battle Simulator. Has anyone else Tried or used it? Thoughts? Likes Dislikes if so.

Well, I just gave it a quick glance. Being browser based is a huge plus, I can't play PO at places I shouldn't be.

Everything else looks to be pretty well thought out, still going through it all and making a team. I'll update when I get a few battles in.

Last edited:
Well, I just gave it a quick glance. Being browser based is a huge plus, I can't play it at places I shouldn't be.

Everything else looks to be pretty well thought out, still going through it all and making a team. I'll update when I get a few battles in.

yes I have been battling on there for a little bit now. It is not bad. Browser based is Allright with me. PO still has an APP and you can download it and play but so Far Poke Showdown is ok.

Well, just as I was about to finish and save my team before doing all their EV spreads I got kicked from the server and it said due to the server possibly being restarted. Other than that I really like how it's all laid out.

Yea it is laid out quite nice. I have been having some pretty good battle's to.

I love the animated battles. It just makes the battle seem so miuch more interactive or something. Biggest problem for me is fighting the same opponents again and again (on non-OU tiers) because there aren't many trainers.

Pokemon Online 2 also came out recently, which is an improvement on the old one, but still not animated sadly

Yes I enjoy the Animations of this. Yea I see very non OU its Usually just UU and OU.

It's pretty cool. I still prefer PO, but it's probably because I'm just more comfortable with it. Showdown is something I could definitely get into.

It's pretty cool. I still prefer PO, but it's probably because I'm just more comfortable with it. Showdown is something I could definitely get into.

I am enjoying it alot. I still love PO but I do not mind testing something else out.

Agreed, it's fun to mix it up. The moving sprites do wonders for making it less monotonous. It's also great that you can import teams from PO.

Agreed, it's fun to mix it up. The moving sprites do wonders for making it less monotonous. It's also great that you can import teams from PO.

Yes Indeed I love battle Animations althought the Most Common Tiers I have encountered are OU and UU. Have you encountered any others?

Once they put in Doubles and Replays, PO2 will officially be dead.

Tried it but all I get is disconnects when I am about to win :S
I kept getting disconnected when I try to login again :S

Tried it but all I get is disconnects when I am about to win :S

Yep, that tends to happen a lot PO, Showdown, everywhere.

As for my opinions on Showdown, I would deffo use it for an RP idea I have coming, since asking people to download and install a program is a bit off. But owing to a fun little glitch with Pursuit and U-Turn, as well as PO being more complete and having admin on a little PO server, I probably wouldn't use this on a regular basis.

But dat Hackmons...

Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load.
:(

Please try back in an hour or so; the backup server will open and close intermittently until we sort out the remaining performance issues.

Some sites just aren't prepared for the traffic they might experience. Especially when everyone wants to make the switch. Still haven't been able to play around too much, but I'm still trying.

What've they done to it to get 'everyone to make the switch'? (Haven't used it for a while, this is a genuine question, not sarcasm)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom