• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run tim

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run time ...

TV-Tokyo has revealed that the Pokémon Smash variety show will end next month, with Pokémon Get☆TV replacing it on Oct. 6.

Read more on Bulbanews

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol
Yep. The same way Pokémon Sunday became Smash during the time BW began.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score

FYI: Taka and Toshi are almost never referred to by their full names. Whenever you see them on TV (which is most days, really) they're always referred to simply as "Taka" or "Toshi."

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Reaction score

Interesting, I bet we will type it as Get*TV for those who don't want to copy-paste the name all the time. Outside of anime, I don't know much about Japanese TV or media, other than it works very differently than it does in the US, Canada, or Europe, then again I'm no expert on Japan (I don't even know the language), so I wouldn't know anything about the two comedians who are going to be on this show.

Reaction score

I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score

I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.
With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.

Reaction score

With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.
That would be pretty cool, though I'm sure a western Smash-type thing would never get as bizarre as Smash itself does.

Dr. Fuji?!
Reaction score

though I'm sure a western Smash-type thing would never get as bizarre as Smash itself does.
I'd say that would be a good thing.