• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run time ...

TV-Tokyo has revealed that the Pokémon Smash variety show will end next month, with Pokémon Get☆TV replacing it on Oct. 6.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol

Re: Pokémon Smash being replaced with Pokémon Get☆TV, Pocket Monsters: The Origin run

So it will basically be the same show, but with different hosts (except for Shoko)? lol
Yep. The same way Pokémon Sunday became Smash during the time BW began.

FYI: Taka and Toshi are almost never referred to by their full names. Whenever you see them on TV (which is most days, really) they're always referred to simply as "Taka" or "Toshi."

Interesting, I bet we will type it as Get*TV for those who don't want to copy-paste the name all the time. Outside of anime, I don't know much about Japanese TV or media, other than it works very differently than it does in the US, Canada, or Europe, then again I'm no expert on Japan (I don't even know the language), so I wouldn't know anything about the two comedians who are going to be on this show.

I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.

I wonder if the "Pokemon Get" title is related somehow to the revival of the "Gotta catch 'em all" slogan in english-language marketing.
With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.

With this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if GottaCatchEmAll.com were used to broadcast a western version of Get☆TV.

That would be pretty cool, though I'm sure a western Smash-type thing would never get as bizarre as Smash itself does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom