• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Gone 5ever
Reaction score
Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

Am I the only one who thinks new Mewtwo forme looks like Freiza from DBZ?

El_

Reaction score

In the pic the head actually looks much better than it did in the leak, its the feet that look horrible now lol

I still maintain that Mewtwo did not need a new forme, I can only imagine how utterly gamebreaking this thing is going to be as well. It kinda gives an Arceus-like vibe overall, so I'm guessing the BST will be 700-720 range for sure.

Let this be the last time for new formes Gamefreak, please. Mewtwo was the original, so just let the concept end with him.

PKMN Trainer
Reaction score

Is this really a new forme or something entirely different? I like it, regardless.

Bulbapædist
Reaction score

If they were going to give a New Forme to one of the first 151, it should've been Pikachu, yo.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars
Reaction score

Well, that abomination was real. I'm going to be honest, the movie poster made it look way uglier than I thought it would be, but I still don't really like its design. Mewtwo was fine the way it was. I wonder what possible reason they could give for this thing's existence.

Reaction score

If they somehow were to squeeze in that they're also introducing a new type, that would just be the cherry on top.

The Coolest!
Reaction score

Well.... New form is real...... Can't say I hate it because it looks okay to me, buuuuuuut:

Mewtwo just did not need a new forme, but here we are.
^ That! 1000% agree with this!

So is that all there is to the announcement, or is there going to be more info later on?

Also, what the hell was up with that guy getting his foot tickled??? o_O

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score

Is this all the news we're getting today? So the "new" XY trailer that was promised at the end of last week's show was just footage of Mewtwo's new forme attacking random pokemon?

Reaction score

Have they shown anything else?

Reaction score

One of the people streaming it (ZephyrSonic) said there's more.

Reaction score

I am truly dissapointed that all we got was this Mewtwo forme. The gameplay footage was nice at least and the Attack animations looked good but I wouldve preferred something different, like a new Pokemon from X and Y.

Reaction score

Apparently, I'm rather disappointed that we didn't get to see more new Pokemon. Oh well, maybe we'll get lucky when CoroCoro comes out though I highly doubt it.

Where Are My Donuts?
Reaction score

[video=youtube;vk_YC0MXJ-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk_YC0MXJ-0 [/video]

._.
Reaction score

[12:23:14 AM] James: i actually quite like it
[12:23:24 AM] James: one of my favourite ledgendaries tbh

Ma-ho-ho-ho!
Reaction score

Ah, the nostalgia for the original 151 Pokémon is behind the hate Mewtwo's new form gets?

Now I understand...kinda.

The Great and Powerful
Reaction score

here ya go for those who havent watched yet:

320089_288468621286200_1414143871_n.png

:cries:

Reaction score

Oh...maybe not....

"This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body and piercing, powerful eyes."