• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

They treat new formes as actual new Pokemon, this is nothing new. Black and White Kyurem were constantly called new legendaries altogether despite being nothing but new formes.

Therein lies the problem, there isn't a type or a name for the pokemon. If it were just a new form, then why withhold trivial information like that?

Taken from the official site: The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same

There you go folks it's not Mewtwo now everyone just calm the hell down.

A new Pokemon with a familiar look? So...it's not Mewtwo? I'm confused. They didn't even say it's name, did they?

Looking forward to a few days of

Its a new forme

No its mewtwos new friend from the genetics lab

OMG GRRR

Taken from the official site: The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…

There you go folks it's not Mewtwo now everyone just calm the hell down.
just remember they kyurem forms were revealed as "new" pokemon

I know the Kyurem forms were described as "New Pokemon" when they were revealed, so I don't know if it's really something to go on? Guh, now I'm starting to get worried again, cause nothing is really set in stone yet.

They usually do name new formes as "new pokemon" a lot of the time, but they are really going out of their way to claim its a "new pokemon". They are being very specific about it. Even on the official site it says:

"This new Pokemon shares many traits with Mewtwo"
"It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokemon has some sort of connection with the Legendary Mewtwo"

First Sylveon was announced on Smash with very little other than a name and height/weight.

Then we got a pokemon that is supposedly a Mewtwo forme but the official Pokemon website and Youtube page hint that it is a "new pokemon with intriguing resemblance to Mewtwo." Why are you so ambiguous, TPCI?

Will the new, mewtwo-related pokemon be event-only, in the games as a side-quest, or be in the games as part of the main plot? Since it appears to be in the movie, event-only makes the most sense to me.

People seem to be forgetting about the tidbit of "You haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet," not to mention the name of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening.

Now trust me, a Mewthree would be MUCH better than a new forme, I get that. But thats not where previous logic is pointing towards. Something as big as Mewthree would warrant it's own movie and limelight.

Game Freak themselves is just being like they always are, secretive to keep people guessing.

Looking forward to a few days of

Its a new forme

No its mewtwos new friend from the genetics lab

OMG GRRR
First it was 'Oh no! That can't be real!' 'No, it's real' 'No, it's not!'

Now it'll be 'No, it can't be a new Mewtwo form because my childhood will be destroyed.' 'It is!' 'Nooooo! The most perfect Pokemon has been defiled, and I can't stand it'

God, people, why does it even MATTER?

I really want to know it's name! :/

Bastard flying ball-bag box.
I'm not happy. I love the Pokemon, but WHAT IS IT? I expect them to reveal something other than a fecking appearance. I'm legit angry.

According to Bulbapedia's form differences page, Unown and Pichu are the only other ones to get one after their generation, assuming this is Mewtwo.

No, here's the question everyone should be asking: The hell are we supposed to call it until we get its name?

People seem to be forgetting about the tidbit of "You haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet," not to mention the name of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening.

Now trust me, a Mewthree would be MUCH better than a new forme, I get that. But thats not where previous logic is pointing towards. Something as big as Mewthree would warrant it's own movie and limelight.

Game Freak themselves is just being like they always are, secretive to keep people guessing.

oh poop you're right. :(

People are just going to call it Mewthree until then, I'm sure. It works regardless of if it is a new form or a third Mew.

No, here's the question everyone should be asking: The hell are we supposed to call it until we get its name?

Mewthree-that-is-not-fanmade-but-still-not-confirmed-to-be-Mewthree.

I have no idea.

Bastard flying ball-bag box.
I'm not happy. I love the Pokemon, but WHAT IS IT? I expect them to reveal something other than a fecking appearance. I'm legit angry.

Ikr. I'm getting real sick of how coy they're being about the types this gen. I never wanted new types to be added but I'm half hoping they will be just to justify all this top-secret shit. It's the only thing that makes sense...other than GF just feeling like being massive trolls.

The only way this is not a new forme, and is an actual new Pokemon is if Mewtwo is the first legendary in history to evolve. That would still be in line with my reasoning from before, and it would technically be a new Pokemon species.

Back
Top Bottom