• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

Did Masuda ever appear in the show when the Pokémon Smash Cast only reviewed old CoroCoro news?

Not entirely up to him? Why should he be pushed around by the marketing department? The Smash cast can advertise the games without him, especially when old news is involved.

i am confused what you are arguing with me about? i doubt he is being "pushed around", it just is not entirely up to him when things are revealed, and how. i am not sure why you seem to think that is something i am making up. he makes the games. he doesn't run the entire pokemon company.

Did Masuda ever appear in the show when the Pokémon Smash Cast only reviewed old CoroCoro news?

i cannot recall. i just personally can't see anything major coming out today. i know masuda being on the show gives it huge potential, but we just had such a gigantic update... i don't know. i know nothing. i hope i am wrong, really. i'll take my forty lashings along with the end of a thousand repetitive debates.

i am confused what you are arguing with me about? i doubt he is being "pushed around", it just is not entirely up to him when things are revealed, and how. i am not sure why you seem to think that is something i am making up. he makes the games. he doesn't run the entire pokemon company.
But he should have some say on whether or not he appears on TV just to reveal old information.

Just a little longer to wait... I'm totally buzzing with anticipation! I can't wait to see what the info is.

But he should have some say on whether or not he appears on TV just to reveal old information.

i think if he really had total control over the situation, he would not go on TV at all. he does not seem to like it very much, and is visibly uncomfortable about it, along with occasionally talking about how nervous it makes him. that aside? i agree. i would hope masuda appearing does mean we get something new. i just don't expect it to be as big or exciting as everyone here is expecting.

i only said what i said about it not being his fault if it sucks... because we must always respect masuda!!! i hope everyone knows how lucky we are to have such a good and caring person at the head of developing the core of our beloved franchise.

Am I hallucinating? I could have sworn I just posted here with a link to the Pokemon Smash HD Live on YouTube, but now I don't see it.

I know a couple other streams without the commentary, but I think posting them here would be against the rules ._.

i think if he really had total control over the situation, he would not go on TV at all. he does not seem to like it very much, and is visibly uncomfortable about it, along with occasionally talking about how nervous it makes him. that aside? i agree. i would hope masuda appearing does mean we get something new. i just don't expect it to be as big or exciting as everyone here is expecting.

i only said what i said about it not being his fault if it sucks... because we must always respect masuda!!! i hope everyone knows how lucky we are to have such a good and caring person at the head of developing the core of our beloved franchise.
Being uncomfortable on a stage isn't the same as not wanting to do it. Many people get nervous when in front of an audience even if they like public performance.

That's not to say he likes it, but I don't think assuming that he doesn't is very good. It could easily be either way, and unless we hear from him that he does or doesn't(unlikely), I don't think we should presume one or the other.

Ah, sorry about posting that, I didn't realize it was against the rules. o_O

Only about a half hour left. I guess I'll go back to drawing my pirate Trubbish while I wait for Smash to premier...

Being uncomfortable on a stage isn't the same as not wanting to do it. Many people get nervous when in front of an audience even if they like public performance.

That's not to say he likes it, but I don't think assuming that he doesn't is very good. It could easily be either way, and unless we hear from him that he does or doesn't(unlikely), I don't think we should presume one or the other.

i only said "i think", and "he does not seem" about the things i am only guessing on :) he has been visibly uncomfortable before, and has said (again, i am not just making this up) that he gets very nervous about it. he has not and probably would never say "i hate/love being on TV" so i am only thinking out loud. i would not be so bold as to state what are only my own thoughts as fact, which i did not. i am not sure why it matters anyway, to be honest, or why how i worded that i am not sure he likes being on TV is being picked at so closely, or why it even matters if he likes to be on TV or not. i only brought it up because it seems to me some forum members here think masuda has 100% control over every aspect of pokemon, including marketing of the games, and release dates of information.

i feel a little bit uncomfortable now, i was only bringing what i know of masuda to the table to try to be informative and helpful with some insight from being an avid follower of his twitter and having spent casual time together with him in person. i do not know him personally and cannot tell you what is in his head, only the feelings i get when i read what he writes. i am sorry. :(

I'll probably end up going to bed and missing the episode release...

Oh well~ I can still watch it tomorrow morning, but it'd be nice to hear the new info with everyone :3

i only said "i think", and "he does not seem" about the things i am only guessing on :) he has been visibly uncomfortable before, and has said (again, i am not just making this up) that he gets very nervous about it. he has not and probably would never say "i hate/love being on TV" so i am only thinking out loud. i would not be so bold as to state what are only my own thoughts as fact, which i did not. i am not sure why it matters anyway, to be honest, or why how i worded that i am not sure he likes being on TV is being picked at so closely, or why it even matters if he likes to be on TV or not. i only brought it up because it seems to me some forum members here think masuda has 100% control over every aspect of pokemon, including marketing of the games, and release dates of information.

i feel a little bit uncomfortable now, i was only bringing what i know of masuda to the table to try to be informative and helpful with some insight from being an avid follower of his twitter and having spent casual time together with him in person. i do not know him personally and cannot tell you what is in his head, only the feelings i get when i read what he writes. i am sorry. :(
Eh, don't worry too much about it. I pick on the strangest things sometimes. I was more trying to relate how I've been rather nervous for a public performance before but it wasn't due to not wanting to do it. As I said, your interpretation is also possible.

I don't think Masuda would be on TV if he didn't want to be there, however. If he doesn't want to do it, I'm sure there's many other people within the company who's capable of it. That's how I see things, anyways.

Well, Masuda is shown uncovering something. I guess we are getting something. :O

Well, Masuda is shown uncovering something. I guess we are getting something. :O

That thing that he is uncovering is supposedly a picture of the box arts, though.

And it starts.

They showed a lot of question marks over stuff....hopefully this'll be good, though my hopes aren't too high

IT BEGINS

They showed some question marks, just for the sake of getting me excited... I doubt they will reveal anything new :(

Pokemon ? Version and Pokemon ? Version! For the Nitendo ??????? coming in ????!

Back
Top Bottom