• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

But what happens if Masuda reveals something on Smash and the same thing is later revealed in CoroCoro? Should we say that CoroCoro's coverage is redundant just because they revealed it on Smash first?

TV and magazines are different media channels.

Wow, I'm so glad I stayed up late to watch the Smash stream :/ What was the point of hyping new info if it was just all stuff from CoroCoro?
...not everybody subscribes to CoroCoro?

It's not unusual for info to be shared between Smash and CoroCoro; it is unusual to bring Masuda in as a guest. People were thinking that there would be a big reveal because he was on.
Good thing we got a big reveal then.

They didn't reveal anything that wasn't already on the official website.

They didn't reveal anything that wasn't already on the official website.
The website didn't have confirmation of diagonal movement. The show did. That was pretty big.

But what happens if Masuda reveals something on Smash and the same thing is later revealed in CoroCoro? Should we say that CoroCoro's coverage is redundant just because they revealed it on Smash first?

No, that would be fine. But that isn't the point. The biggest point I think everyone is saying is that they bothered Masuda and brought him to the show when they were only reiterating CoroCoro.

No, that would be fine. But that isn't the point. The biggest point I think everyone is saying is that they bothered Masuda and brought him to the show when they were only reiterating CoroCoro.
But we got new information that wasn't in CoroCoro, it wasn't straight reiteration.

The biggest point I think everyone is saying is that they bothered Masuda and brought him to the show when they were only reiterating CoroCoro.

Both CoroCoro and his Smash appearance had to be planned in advance (CoroCoro moreso). If they didn't think it was worth his time and/or could schedule a time when he's free to guest, then he just wouldn't have appeared on it.

So I heard we got a little bit of new game footage... anyone got links to that, or do I have to trawl the entire stream for them?

Should be up on youtube through an archived stream. Look up Zephyr something....

Hello everyone, I'm not one of those "insiders" and stuff, but I tell you the new Eeveelution's color is Orange.
So its type is Creamsicle? Huh, that's kinda interesting...

So the big news was that there's no big news but we'll be getting some news each week. Well, it's better than nothing, I guess. =/

I was really, really, really, REALLY hoping that we'd be given Sylveon's type, as the debates are getting old and this whole "faery-gate" thing is driving me nuts. But then again, if they were to do that kind of reveal, they would hype it at least a month in advance. It is nice to hear confirmation of diagonal movement, so I guess it wasn't an entire waste.

Have to wonder what they'll reveal next week. (Man, this is gonna kill me...!)

Guys, I just want to remind you all that posting illegal links to copyrighted material or where to find it is against the rules and as per an announcement I made just the other day, Smash videos (and in particular) full videos, fall into that too.

Ah, just found out I probably won't be home to watch this Saturday's smash live. You guys are going to have to update me on what we get.

New smash news today right?

Wouldn't count it. Most likely just some of the news they didn't show last week (Helioptile, Fletchling and Pancham's videos aswell as Parting Shot and Parabolic Charge) is what they probably promised as the "XY news" for the next few weeks.

When's Smash airing, again? 7:00pm in Canada, right?

When's Smash airing, again? 7:00pm in Canada, right?

Depends which part of Canada. Search [your region/city] time zone. And then maybe a convertor to Japan's time zone.

Back
Top Bottom