• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

^Any ways i could see the fainting animation? ._.
Yeah I was reading the comments in this page and thinking about the same thing. Is there a YouTube or Twitch link or even a .gif showing the fainting animation? :(

^Any ways i could see the fainting animation? ._.
Yeah I was reading the comments in this page and thinking about the same thing. Is there a YouTube or Twitch link or even a .gif showing the fainting animation? :(

There is a short youtube video with fainting animation that was put up a few days ago.

There is a short youtube video with fainting animation that was put up a few days ago.

Are you referring to a video that shows a Hariyama fainting? I've seen this one, but it doesn't show the complete animation. If not, I'd like a link to the video, because there a lot of different short YouTube videos about Pokémon X & Y.

Edit: Never mind, you can't post it.

Edit2: Found it. The animation looks okay, although I wish it was more similar to the Stadium style, with the Pokémon going back to the Poké Ball after fainting.

Last edited:

There are plenty of videos out there of people playing the console games. Stadium, Colosseum, XD ... take your pick.

And yes, some of them are cheesy. Togepi's animation in Colosseum/XD is to turn around and start running, then trip over itself (retreat to Poke ball).

Edit2: Found it. The animation looks okay, although I wish it was more similar to the Stadium style, with the Pokémon going back to the Poké Ball after fainting. [/FONT]

The Zubat fainting were wild so they didn't have Poke Balls to return to. However, I believe that in the Hariyama video it seemed similar to in PBR where it looked like it was about to return to a Poke Ball.

[video=youtube;R7XLUgyDqmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7XLUgyDqmk[/video]

This is only a short clip of the game stuff. It's fine to post clips from Smash aslong as they aren't links to streams, links to the full episodes and parts that include the anime episodes. Anyway, that video above has Swellow's animation for those who were discussing it (I think that was in another thread) and also Zubat's fainting animation. Quality isn't the greatest, but it's better than nothing.

And also, directing people how to find (full) episodes (which aren't allowed to be posted), by saying things such as "go to Youtube and search this" isn't allowed either, so please don't do it. Just some clarification.

So the Zubat fall and shrink into the ground. I think this is basically the fainting animation for Trainer battles minus turning into a ball of light and being sent back to the trainer. I'm not really sure what people expected.

From that video you can also notice that Swellow, Ledian and Zubat all have new cries. I'll miss Ledian's cry.

They sound about the same to me. Maybe they just sort of remastered them to make them less robotic? Cause Zubat's doesn't sound the exact same either.

I don't see the difference in the cries either, but I would gladly welcome updated cries for Generation I, II and some of Gen III Pokémon.

Swellow's and Zubat's new cries sound similar but less robotic, but pay clsoe attention at Ledian's (it's a bit hard because of the announcer's voice ) and you'll notice that that one is an all new cry.

Yeah, the cries are definitely different. It's not like they completely changed them, but they sound less digital and more natural.

Swellows just sounds like a whistle being blown, and Ledian sounds a little deeper.

So what happened on smash today?

Today's Pokémon Smash showed battles between Litleo & Ursaring and Flabébé & Druddigon, here are those battles...

Smash 1.gif Smash 2.gif

Smash 3.gif Smash 4.gif

I think that the Ursaring and Druddigon models look really good to be honest. Also I think that Litleo's tail looks really fluffy and fluid here and that the artwork's tail was probably just a style choice, not that I'm against a Manticore Pokémon or anything, it's just that people swear left and right that that's what it'll become.

Today's Pokémon Smash showed battles between Litleo & Ursaring and Flabébé & Druddigon, here are those battles...

I think that the Ursaring and Druddigon models look really good to be honest. Also I think that Litleo's tail looks really fluffy and fluid here and that the artwork's tail was probably just a style choice, not that I'm against a Manticore Pokémon or anything, it's just that people swear left and right that that's what it'll become.

Thank you! Yeah the models in this game are ....amazing and they're really sticking with the Sugimori artwork as inspiration for the models and so far it's really working.

Nice~ Litleo and Flabebe's models are really cute and Ursaring and Druddigon look good, as well.

I would've liked to see a different color flower of Flabebe's, though. I would've though Smash would be a good place to showcase that.

I also want to see the different flower colors. I wonder how the colors will be generated? Like generated randomly from available colors, like Spinda's spots, or if there are a couple different colors, maybe related to IVs or something. I'm interested in how much variety there really is (or isn't).

Back
Top Bottom