• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

The beach/fishing background looks stunning to be honest, I don't even care about the little pool of water under each Pokemon. The fisherman also looked amazing and a lot more natural than most of the other trainers just standing there to be honest.

The battle transition screens are nice. I'm really interested to see the lower screen of the 3DS though - more intrigued as to what that looks like now. And yes surf does have that little blob back which some people aren't going to like, but I don't mind it. I think it was too much of an ask to have it unique for each Pokemon after so much detail has gone in already to each Pokemon to make sure the way they look represents themselves.

chespinanime_zpsfb89c076.gif

Also here's Chespin doing his best chestnut impression.

fennekinanime_zps2af3f10b.gif

And Fennekin.

froakieanime_zpsdeb384ec.gif

And Froakie!

Last edited:

Damn you, Smash...how you mock me with this game...but anyway. That girl REALLY likes Fletchling. And I seriously love that wild encounter music.

Hmm, I would have though Honedge would come out of the Poke Ball sheathed and then would unsheathe during battle. But no matter. Shadow Sneak looked awesome and I love how they zoom in on the Poke Ball when you catch a Pokemon.

Also interesting is that you seem to put the items you pick up in your bag, rather than seeing you pick up the item.

Alright...that anime poster had WAY too much awesome in it. TOO much...

D: They look so awesome and my hopes for types that aren't Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark are alive again Water/Flying and Grass/Steel please.

was just watching the gameplay vid and there was something I found odd, the grass on the island looks like an arrow. perhaps a water route will have arrows showing where the next island is?

also I had a really dumb moment and mistook the tower in the background of the pic at the end for a sword, thought ash was surfing on honedge or a honedge evo.

I just want to say a few things: OCTILLERY IS IN THE GAME IAIAGORJHA´WURAHTOGHAIGDGADGLDGDHNGFV,SDFDFOSSPDSDGSUUAAAAAAAAAAH

I really have a feeling that Alexa is with Ash in the plane. Maybe also there is any of his previous companions. After Ash screams happily about having arrived in Kalos they show themselves up by Ash side. Don't forget that we're still in Best Wishes style :p. This was only to make us impatient about X and Y. lol

Is there footstage of the double battles that Zeb had told us about?

I can confirm that Froakie's moves were Bubble and Quick Attack, and Honedge's moves were Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak, since that's what it said.

Edit: The item picked up is a Big Pearl.

Fletchling only used Tackle, Octillery used Signal Beam (I don't like that animation), then Octazooka. Honedge Sp. Def is quite weak it seems. Dropping that much HP for a hit of Octazooka.

Hmm, I would have though Honedge would come out of the Poke Ball sheathed and then would unsheathe during battle. But no matter. Shadow Sneak looked awesome and I love how they zoom in on the Poke Ball when you catch a Pokemon.
Watch again carefully. It unsheathed itself as it came out of the Pokeball.

Watch again carefully. It unsheathed itself as it came out of the Pokeball.

Yes; what I meant was I thought it would come out, then unsheath itself, rather than as it comes out.

Is there any footage of the double battle the only one I can find is them catching fletchling and inkay?

Anyway compared to the other 3D pokemon games the battles (from what was shown) seem relatively fast-paced, knowing that most of the animations won't take forever is very relieving.

Yes; what I meant was I thought it would come out, then unsheath itself, rather than as it comes out.

Honedge likes to be efficient as it kills. I'd imagine some trainer out there just calling Honedge out to use Night Slash, it comes out of its Pokeball and unsheathes at the same time while making a slashing motion then retreats.

That's what you want in a possessed sword. Efficiency.

Is there any footage of the double battle the only one I can find is them catching fletchling and inkay?

Anyway compared to the other 3D pokemon games the battles (from what was shown) seem relatively fast-paced, knowing that most of the animations won't take forever is very relieving.

I found the footage here

For anyone who missed it here is one of the Double Battle scenes with Yveltal...

Yveltal Double Battle 1.gif

Unfortunately I missed the one with Xerneas and Sylveon fighting Salamence and Haxorus :(

Edit: I found the video for it :p...

[video=youtube;Qjcdx8hNXmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjcdx8hNXmY[/video]

[video=youtube;Qjcdx8hNXmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjcdx8hNXmY[/video]

In case anybody didn't see it.

EDIT: Now I feel a little redundant lol.

I found the footage here

Thanks for the footage but it's pretty disappointing because they only used the double battles to demonstrate the legendary pokemon ability and signature move, beside that, we don't get anything. Like the effect of the moves or how much power they do.

So the Pokemon will each get their own patch of grass rather than sharing one? Pretty nice.

Minor, unrelated thing: I also liked that the legends were paired with an Eeveelution of the same type~

Back
Top Bottom