• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

I wanted to add my own input on the information that Pokémon Smash will be revealing next week and it's about the cards that Junichi Masuda and the presenter of the show seem to have. If you notice that when Junichi Masuda goes to reveal the card with the blue question mark and background you see that 2 presenters of the show are there with him these 2 dudes...

Explanation 1.PNG

Now the next scene where the guy reveals the card with the red question mark and background you can see that the dude with the orange suit points to the picture sort of like reiterating as if he has already seen it and remember him and the guy holding the card were previously shown in the scene with Junichi Masuda and here's the picture of the dude in orange pointing at the revealed card...

Explanation 2.PNG

So I'm thinking it's the same thing they just added the different colors infront of the cards to throw people off and as you can see here both cards have the same colored border...

Explanation 3.PNG

Now I'm hoping that what's on that card is the regional map and also I think the New Pokémon that there hinting at will just be shown with in game footage then next week near the release of CoroCoro they'll maybe show it's art

Last edited:

So looking at it now the Big Card could be the REGION! because of that it's so huge!

and the hidden game play screenshot could be a new pre gen VI evolution!

So looking at it now the Big Card could be the REGION! because of that it's so huge!

and the hidden game play screenshot could be a new pre gen VI evolution!

Yeah now that you mention it the Pokémon in field seems to be somewhat floating and I thought what about a Skarmory Pre-Evolution it would be pretty cool.

I don't think it'll be a pre-evolution, it seems a bit too small for something like this, at least not without some other new Pokémon to back it up instead it'll be a Skarmory evolution, fear the Eviolite Skarmory!

I'm definitely agree that the second card could be the new region.

New Pokemon. Boring. When can we see the player characters? That's all I care about at this point. D8;

what do you mean Pokemon is about the Pokemon, and not the trainers

Unfortunately a large card does not mean a large image or portion of information. They can blow a small Pokemon up to fit the dimensions of a large card. Size is no inidcation of what is to be revealed Saturday.

Here's what I want to know; since they're are three questions marks...are we getting three new Pokemon or are we getting one Pokemon and two other things?

Here's what I want to know; since they're are three questions marks...are we getting three new Pokemon or are we getting one Pokemon and two other things?

It's all just guessing at this point. I personally think it'll only be one Pokémon, only because it is quite early.

Actually, was it confirmed to be a Pokémon, or did they just say "new revelation"?

It's all just guessing at this point. I personally think it'll only be one Pokémon, only because it is quite early.

Actually, was it confirmed to be a Pokémon, or did they just say "new revelation"?

The image showed the battle screen covered with a question mark. I'm assuming it's a Pokemon.

The image showed the battle screen covered with a question mark. I'm assuming it's a Pokemon.

Forgot about that. XD

Then I guess it'll be a Pokémon + Showcase in battle.

If it is more than one Pokémon, I hope we see two regional early bird Pokémon. In Generation III, we had Tailow and Wingull, so I hope we get two of them this time around as well. We also got Poochyena and Purrloin as a second early route Pokémon next to Zigzagoon and Patrat, so hopefully, we'll get two of those as well.

If it is more than one Pokémon, I hope we see two regional early bird Pokémon. In Generation III, we had Tailow and Wingull, so I hope we get two of them this time around as well. We also got Poochyena and Purrloin as a second early route Pokémon next to Zigzagoon and Patrat, so hopefully, we'll get two of those as well.

No, I'm sick of seeing almost every early game Pokemon be generic ripoffs of each other. I'd like to see them either make more original ones, or just reuse the ones that they think fit the region. Hell, it looks like we may be seeing Patrat again this game, maybe we don't even need a regional rodent this game.

No, I'm sick of seeing almost every early game Pokemon be generic ripoffs of each other. I'd like to see them either make more original ones, or just reuse the ones that they think fit the region. Hell, it looks like we may be seeing Patrat again this game, maybe we don't even need a regional rodent this game.

I disagree. While new concepts are great and all, the reason I want some repeated ones is because it ties all the regions together. This might just be my mentality as a fan-fic writer, but I want to have the regions be connected somehow, and if Mew is the ancestor of all Pokémon, it's only natural that some of them end up similar to others.

Also, in concept, they may be similar, but so far, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Bidoof, Patrat, and Purrloin are all unique Pokémon, and each have their own qualities and stand out on their own, even if their defining quality is that they are not good, or a good HM slave, or just an ability that people only catch that Pokémon for. Similarly, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Wingull, Starly, and Pidove are unique Pokémon as well, even if they are just cartoonish drawings of birds that get called a Pokémon.

I disagree. While new concepts are great and all, the reason I want some repeated ones is because it ties all the regions together. This might just be my mentality as a fan-fic writer, but I want to have the regions be connected somehow, and if Mew is the ancestor of all Pokémon, it's only natural that some of them end up similar to others.

Also, in concept, they may be similar, but so far, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Bidoof, Patrat, and Purrloin are all unique Pokémon, and each have their own qualities and stand out on their own, even if their defining quality is that they are not good, or a good HM slave, or just an ability that people only catch that Pokémon for. Similarly, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Wingull, Starly, and Pidove are unique Pokémon as well, even if they are just cartoonish drawings of birds that get called a Pokémon.

I agree with you :3 These rodents and birds are part of this world and to be honest, I´d rather have a bunch of not-so-extreme-looking and maybe a bit ordinary pokémon, than some extravagant creatures that doesn´t even look like Pokémon, just because they need new OP beasts :3 Coincidentally though, I´m a fanfic writer as well :3

I don't mind them reusing similar roles, it's a bit much to expect them to come up with completely different Pokemon every gen, I just think they need to be more original in terms of typing and movesets. Enough pure Normal regional rodents with the same Tackle/Quick Attack/Headbutt/whatever. Enough Normal/Flying regional birds with generic Flying and speedy moves. Make them feel less interchangeable. They've done okay with that before, Hoothoot and Bidoof are great examples of what they should be doing, they just need to do it more often.

every game needs a regional ____ Pokemon ;p

Ugh...I just had a thought. Instead of a regional rodent or bird...it's a regional spider.

Ugh...I just had a thought. Instead of a regional rodent or bird...it's a regional spider.

Well, we do have regional bug :3 Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot or Burmy? We´re probably missing the typical "regional bug" here, Sewaddle/Venipede :)

@Nereus; oh yeah...kinda forgot about that lol!

Back
Top Bottom