• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Haha, I know, Mariko was all like, hey, wait...what? Whaaaat? Mold Breaker? Huh? What the hell... (Not A Translation.)

didnt it have a announcement like mold breaker in the past has?'ampharos breaks the mold' or some such?

in other news.. that signal beam it used on gogoat SO PRETTY *drools rainbows*

didnt it have a announcement like mold breaker in the past has?'ampharos breaks the mold' or some such?

That's Dragon Pulse, not Signal Beam. Please compare with the one that Octillery used.

That's Dragon Pulse, not Signal Beam. Please compare with the one that Octillery used.

ohh, thats pretty too then. i just assumed he was using signal beam on gogoat for super effectiveness

ohh, thats pretty too then. i just assumed he was using signal beam on gogoat for super effectiveness

That is indeed pretty. But Signal Beam is just weird. Signal Beam feel like a CAT scan or something with those spinning squares.

Not sure if anybody has said this yet but I think gogoat is gonna be pretty damn bulk considering it took about 25% damage from a slowbro with ice beam.

That is indeed pretty. But Signal Beam is just weird. Signal Beam feel like a CAT scan or something with those spinning squares.

i guess i was used to signal beam being the crazy colors.. dragon pulse is a little jarring in that rainbow slurry. though knowing ampharos does indeed learn it is wonderful <3

Not sure if anybody has said this yet but I think gogoat is gonna be pretty damn bulk considering it took about 25% damage from a slowbro with ice beam.

It's pretty good. Maybe this is why there is no Gen VI mons that mega evolve, or it could be that GF is trying to buff Grass-type. But Slowbro isn't exactly an attacker and there is no STAB + not 4x weakness.:spin:

It's pretty good. Maybe this is why there is no Gen VI mons that mega evolve, or it could be that GF is trying to buff Grass-type. But Slowbro isn't exactly an attacker and there is no STAB + not 4x weakness.:spin:

True, although Slowbro has pretty good Sp Atk. Even without 4x weakness and STAB, from a 2x super effective special attack from a pokemon with reasonably good Special Attack without STAB you still expect something much closer to 60% damage than 25%, at a guess. Gogoat does seem to have pretty great Special Defense, in that case. That or a ridiculous amount of HP.

True, although Slowbro has pretty good Sp Atk. Even without 4x weakness and STAB, from a 2x super effective special attack from a pokemon with reasonably good Special Attack without STAB you still expect something much closer to 60% damage than 25%, at a guess. Gogoat does seem to have pretty great Special Defense, in that case. That or a ridiculous amount of HP.

Maybe it has both high HP and Special Defense. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. But either way, that is so cool that Gogoat is so sturdy. Able to take an Ice Beam and almost shrug it off. And it is pretty funny that those guys weren't paying attention with Mega Ampharos's Mold Breaker ability. Talk about a "shock" to their systems. *chuckles*

Anyway, jokes aside, Mega Blaziken and Mega Ampharos were really awesome. Those animations were beautifully done. I might consider raising my event Torchic just so I can have Mega Blaziken as a backup member.

Mega Ampharos shoulda had Teravolt instead. Yeah, I know, exact same effect, but it's cooler. And they're handing out legendary signature moves to non-legends now (Sacred Sword to Doublade), so why not abilities?

Well, if Mega Pokemon are supposed to go on the levels of Legendary, I don't see why not....

do we know gogoat's ability? is it possible it has thick fat?

Unfortunately, no. We only know Skiddo's, which is Sap Sipper, but it could easily change when it evolves. Though I could see Thick Fat working, since it has a mountain goat vibe, and they live up in the colder parts of the mountains (Thick Fat would also buff it up against Fire-types if that's the case). But for all we know it could have a totally new ability.

it was just the thought that they gave it to mega venusaur.. and it would be nice to have a grass type that is bulky and not have all those common weaknesses. the mountain goat thing kinda helps with the idea too. also sap sipper could be its 'other' ability (most pokemon have 2, 3 if you count hidden/DW, and now possibly 4 with megas)

@Bayushiyojiro; I'm not dismissing the idea. In fact, I find the idea encouraging. Give a Grass-type a fighting chance for a change. And the mountain goat idea is further supported by the fact that Gogoat learns Rock Slide (as shown during a Horde Battle with five Houndours). So I could easily see Thick Fat as at least one of Skiddo's/Gogoat's abilities. So I support your theory very much, and I would love to see it happen.

Anywho, moving on. We still don't know all the details behind Mega Evolution, do we? While we now know that each participating Trainer can use one Mega Evolution per battle, do we now know how Mega Evolution is fully executed yet? We know about the Key Stone and the respective Mega Stone, but that about covers it. Did Smash give anymore insight on that yet?

We know that if you have a Mega Stone equipped, at the bottom of the battle screen is a button that you can click at any time to Mega-Evolve in battle. Nothing else besides that as far as I can tell.

we also know the 'activation' of a meag stone is voluntary and does not take up an attack turn. and has top priority over probably everything but switching

Back
Top Bottom