• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

It said a new Pokémon so personally I think it's Mewthree. Which would be fantastic, and whoever made up the Mewthree rumor all those years ago must be crying.

This also gives them an excuse to put Mewtwo in the next Super Smash Bros. Maybe this time they can manage to not make him the worst character possible, too.

I just don't want to see any more formes. That's all.

According to Bulbapedia's form differences page, Unown and Pichu are the only other ones to get one after their generation, assuming this is Mewtwo.
Speaking of that pichu, I really wish we could move it along from HgSs. Its just collecting dust.
On "Mewthree", I'm not sure I like it yet. I'm sure I will come October, but man its ugly. Here's to a few more months of silence before anything else is revealed. Maybe corocoro will have some more info on this.

This also gives them an excuse to put Mewtwo in the next Super Smash Bros. Maybe this time they can manage to not make him the worst character possible, too.

Huh, kills two birds with one stone, clever.

Now they only really need to add in one and Lucario can stick around (please let him stick around).

The only way this is not a new forme, and is an actual new Pokemon is if Mewtwo is the first legendary in history to evolve. That would still be in line with my reasoning from before, and it would technically be a new Pokemon species.
Just like how Mew evolved into Mewtwo, right?

Wrong.

"Mewthree" may be the same as Mewtwo. A clone. Maybe another of Mew or one of Mewtwo.

It would definitely make sense, given the DNA helixes in the Japanese game names.

I'm not disappointed that the new form or new Mew is real. (I actually think it looks cool) I'm just disappointed that it was the so called "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" that we've been waiting for...............I wanted something more that I could sink my teeth into.

I think it's adorable in some weird way. Maybe it could be some sort of a baby Mewtwo, since it looks physically smaller and younger than Mewtwo.

Well TrollFreak does it again... This is one hell of an anti-climax in my eyes... It does sounds like it's a new Pokémon from the wording on the video and the site, but that doesn't quite fit with some of the movie info... Ugh, and not a typing in sight

I think it's adorable in some weird way. Maybe it could be some sort of a baby Mewtwo, since it looks physically smaller and younger than Mewtwo.

yeah i was thinking that. it looks less developed than mewtwo. perhaps mewtwo created it from itself and the "real" mewtwo is a mommy-mew-too-mewtwo.

mewtwo's awakening refers to the awakening biological clock mewtwo felt and it wanted to be a parent. O_O

HEY GENESECT, MEET MY BAYBEH.

The only reason it doesn't seem like a lot is because people have been mulling over its legitimacy for days now. People don't get pissed a CoroCoro leaks for spoiling pokemon revealed on Smash. Quit your bitching.

Wrong.

"Mewthree" may be the same as Mewtwo. A clone. Maybe another of Mew or one of Mewtwo.

It would definitely make sense, given the DNA helixes in the Japanese game names.

Considering formes and whatnot did not even exist back then that is not a good example. Like I said before, the title of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening. Theres nothing in the title that alludes to a separate Pokemon or another clone, but rather that something happens to Mewtwo.

Mewthree would warrant it's own movie title and plot if it were a separate Pokemon, end of story. Hence my evolution argument, which bridges it being Mewtwo and a new Pokemon all at once.

I think they might announce the names tomorrow, like how they announced Xerneas and Yveltal's names the day after they were actually revealed.

Now it'll be 'No, it can't be a new Mewtwo form because my childhood will be destroyed.' 'It is!' 'Nooooo! The most perfect Pokemon has been defiled, and I can't stand it'.

God, people, why does it even MATTER?

It doesn't. The main aspect of the Pokemon series is that the developers give you the choice on whether or not you want to use a certain pokemon/form. If you don't like Deoxys in its normal forme, you can always go to the meteor to change it to another forme. If you don't like Shaymin's Land Forme, you can get a Gracidea flower and turn it into Sky Forme. If you like Wash Rotom but not Spin Rotom, you don't have to pick the fan appliance.

If this turns out to be a new Mewtwo forme, Game Freak will create an item or a move that will force it to become that forme. If you don't want Mewtwo to look like that, you don't have to give it that item/move.

If this is just a new pokemon altogether, you don't have to use it in your game. For those people that want to complete the National Dex, they can just capture it.

The only reason it doesn't seem like a lot is because people have been mulling over its legitimacy for days now. People don't get pissed a CoroCoro leaks for spoiling pokemon revealed on Smash. Quit your bitching.

Yeah, I'm wondering how big the reveal would have been if those images weren't leaked.

Wrong.

Considering formes and whatnot did not even exist back then that is not a good example. Like I said before, the title of the next movie is Mewtwo's Awakening. Theres nothing in the title that alludes to a separate Pokemon or another clone, but rather that something happens to Mewtwo.

Mewthree would warrant it's own movie title and plot if it were a separate Pokemon, end of story. Hence my evolution argument, which bridges it being Mewtwo and a new Pokemon all at once.
I just wish they wouldn't leave so many questions, leading to so much speculation that leads to so much arguing and clinging to ideals.

I think I threw up a little when the big reveal turned out to be the "hoax" that had popped up shortly after April Fools. I hate this new form. The head-tail looks way too heavy for that small neck, and the body bears very little resemblance to Mewtwo.

This makes me wonder if the new region will have a connection to Kanto or maybe Team Rocket. Maybe in the new region, their team maybe cloned Mew too and produced this?

Back
Top Bottom