• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

I'm sorry for the confusion I have caused, but I never confirmed anything. And if it happens, Dragon is just my prediction, maybe it could be another type, maybe even a new one.

Eeveelutions came in pairs, the first time one was a new type, the second time, both were types which we knew about, so that isn't a "pattern", so this time there could be two Eeveelutions, and two new types. And nowhere is written that whenever they make new Eeveelutions, they should be revealed at the same time. - Edit: And again, I'm not confirming anything, don't be confused.

so this time there could be two Eeveelutions, and two new types.

No, not really. There will be not one more eeveelution, it would make no sense to merchandise and put only one in the movie.

I highly doubt there's a hard rule with Gamefreak that they have to release Eeveelutions in pairs. Also, two data points do not a pattern make.

While I can say that there is a possibility of another Eeveeution, merely ONLY because we don't know the full Pokedex yet, it's still rather unlikely to happen. The Pikachu short in the upcoming movie plays a heavy emphasis on all of the current Eeveeutions, and if there were going to be two new Eeveeutions this generation, it would only be appropriate if both of them were also featured in the same short, not just one.

Saying "Oh but they always come in pairs" is a moot point, because GF has broken trends before, and certainly can do it again. Sylveon being introduced alone appears to have broken the trend.

Eeveelutions don't always come in pairs, after all, the first three ones came in a trio. Also, after BW/B2W2, it is quite obvious that Game Freak couldn't care less about following trends.

I believe you've seen the new form of Mewtwo, and I guess most of you know that Mewtwo has another new form which has not been revealed yet. And with this, I want to say that it doesn't mean that everything of the same nature should be revealed together.

You don't see the other form of Mewtwo in the movie's trailer, but you cannot say that he will not appear. And the same goes for a new Eeveelution, we know Sylveon is in the movie, and so can be the other one.

I'm not confirming that there's a new Eeveelution, but some of you sort of "confirm" to me that there won't be one, and in this case you're being unfair. :p

Eeveelutions came in pairs, the first time one was a new type, the second time, both were types which we knew about, so that isn't a "pattern", so this time there could be two Eeveelutions, and two new types.

People who were predicting a Ruby/Sapphire remake in Generation V kept saying it would happen because it was part of Game Freak's so-called 'pattern' on remakes. And look where we are now - on the verge of Gen VI with no sign of R/S remakes in sight. It was also the same with B2W2; everyone was expecting a Pokemon Grey Version because of the 'pattern', but instead we ended up with paired canonical sequels. Game Freak are more than happy to shred fan-based assumptions about their 'patterns' into nothing.

I don't expect a second one, because it would've been shown. The Eevee movie is gonna be out soon, they wouldn't wait until a week or so before it comes out and be like "hey guys, there's this one too!"

I believe you've seen the new form of Mewtwo, and I guess most of you know that Mewtwo has another new form which has not been revealed yet. And with this, I want to say that it doesn't mean that everything of the same nature should be revealed together.

You don't see the other form of Mewtwo in the movie's trailer, but you cannot say that he will not appear. And the same goes for a new Eeveelution, we know Sylveon is in the movie, and so can be the other one.

I'm not confirming that there's a new Eeveelution, but some of you sort of "confirm" to me that there won't be one, and in this case you're being unfair. :p

Which proves the point that it is all speculation. And as speculation, it does not belong in this thread. Please take it to the "What do you want in Gen 6?" thread.

A friendly reminder that this thread is to be used for Pokemon Smash discussion.

When was a second Mewtwo forme revealed?? Unless I have missed something, most of us can't possibly know something that has never been officially announced or revealed.

It wasn't revealed. It's just rumored in Pokebeaches leaks (which have so far been accurate, but who knows anything anymore).

So... not really anything new this week. Oh well. I really expected more than CoroCoro reiteration with Masuda there.

Wow, I'm so glad I stayed up late to watch the Smash stream :/ What was the point of hyping new info if it was just all stuff from CoroCoro?

All this secrecy is getting a wee bit boring now. I wish they'd reveal a few more things.

So... not really anything new this week. Oh well. I really expected more than CoroCoro reiteration with Masuda there.
We have official confirmation on diagonal movement now. I think that's pretty big.

Wow, I'm so glad I stayed up late to watch the Smash stream :/ What was the point of hyping new info if it was just all stuff from CoroCoro?
...not everybody subscribes to CoroCoro?

It's not unusual for info to be shared between Smash and CoroCoro; it is unusual to bring Masuda in as a guest. People were thinking that there would be a big reveal because he was on.

It's not unusual for info to be shared between Smash and CoroCoro; it is unusual to bring Masuda in as a guest. People were thinking that there would be a big reveal because he was on.
Good thing we got a big reveal then.

Neither do many (if not all) of us. We just had to get the scans online. If you're a pokemon follower, you either get CoroCoro or scans online. That probably covers most people, especially in Japan.

However, I can understand why Smash would cover the info. Of course they covered it. But they didn't have to bother busy Masuda. Masuda being there wasn't needed.

Back
Top Bottom