• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

Smash is on later today. While they are most likely going to repeat the information from Corocoro, they are, apparently, also going to be playing a copy of the game, so we may get to see some new/different footage.

Apparently Smash will also talk about the animé too? Maybe a reveal of a companion or a small sneak peek?

Well we know we're getting new Pokemon.

No we don't? I think we will probably just have all the already revealed Pokémon + possibly Orotto.

I can't wait to see them freak out over the fact you can walk diagonally.

They already showed the diagonal walking on Smash a while back - they had the female player (I think) running in an area that had diagonal paths.

They sure are not going to show all what they've played but we may see new places, hear some new musics...but I don't think we'll see new pokémon (aside Oorotto).

I just wish that we'll see a lot like they did with the BW demo.

Hopefully, they'll show what they showed in the Movie trailer.

They have to show that trailer and if they do, I think the Japanese official website will update with infos on Oorotto.

Honestly, right now I'm more excited for potential anime info than anything else.
I really want to know who the new sidekicks are going to be. Even if we just get silhouettes, I'll be satisfied.

I doubt they are going to show the trailer with Orotto just yet. I think it's more likely that this week will just be them playing with some of the information from Corocoro. I think the preview for this week showed them stood next to those big cards with Xerneas and Yveltal on; I guess they'll be covering their types, abilities and moves. As for anything else, I guess we'll have to see.

Apparently Smash will also talk about the animé too? Maybe a reveal of a companion or a small sneak peek?

Well we know we're getting new Pokemon.

No we don't? I think we will probably just have all the already revealed Pokémon + possibly Orotto.

Well Orotto kinda counts as a new Pokemon. It seems like a big Pokemon, due to the size of the board they showed it on and the size of the ? mark.

I think that they are making Oorotto a japanese exclusivity like Honedge (french exclusivity), the only difference is that it's taking more time for the global reveal.

I doubt they are going to show the trailer with Orotto just yet. I think it's more likely that this week will just be them playing with some of the information from Corocoro. I think the preview for this week showed them stood next to those big cards with Xerneas and Yveltal on; I guess they'll be covering their types, abilities and moves. As for anything else, I guess we'll have to see.

Without forgetting that they're going to play the games.

Smash showed quite a bit tonight. They first showed a double battle between Xerneas amd Sylveon vs Salamence and Haxorus, then a double battle between Umbreon and Yveltal vs Reuniclus and Sigilyph. Then they played a few bits of the game. They encountered Fletchling in the wild and caught it using Froakie (looked to use Bubble and Quick Attack). Then they fished and hooked an Octillery on a beach (there was also a fisherman just nearby fishing) and battled it using Honedge. Honedge used what appeared to be Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak, and then caught Octillery. Then they surfed across some water to a small island, picked up an item and ran into Inkay in some wild grass and again used Honedge and caught it.

Also, not to discuss the anime, but since this is relevant to the starters designs: they showed the starters in the upcoming XY arc in the anime. Fennekin "flared" its ear fur and sent out some little embers from it, Chespin made its spikes go sharp and went full chestnut, and Froakie inflated (yes, best way I can describe it) its foam bubbles, sort of like balloons.

I'm assuming this is allowed to be posted, but here is an excerpt of just the gameplay shown in Smash (after the double battles). A lot to dissect here
[video=youtube;pdlj-sNNfKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pdlj-sNNfKU[/video]

Oh my god :c I forgot to watch and all Zeb said sounds exciting to watch, specially the starters-related part.

Edit: Dem Japaneses, shut up, I want to listen to the music :c

Smash showed quite a bit tonight. They first showed a double battle between Xerneas amd Sylveon vs Salamence and Haxorus, then a double battle between Umbreon and Yveltal vs Reuniclus and Sigilyph. Then they played a few bits of the game. They encountered Fletchling in the wild and caught it using Froakie (looked to use Bubble and Quick Attack). Then they fished and hooked an Octillery on a beach (there was also a fisherman just nearby fishing) and battled it using Honedge. Honedge used what appeared to be Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak, and then caught Octillery. Then they surfed across some water to a small island, picked up an item and ran into Inkay in some wild grass and again used Honedge and caught it.

Also, not to discuss the anime, but since this is relevant to the starters designs: they showed the starters in the upcoming XY arc in the anime. Fennekin "flared" its ear fur and sent out some little embers from it, Chespin made its spikes go sharp and went full chestnut, and Froakie inflated (yes, best way I can describe it) its foam bubbles, sort of like balloons.

Here is a pic of that Froakie :p...

Froakie Bubble Collar.png

Here is a pic of that Froakie :p...

View attachment 88701

A picture speaks a thousand words!

Also rewatching the XY part, I have to say, the backgrounds in the battlefields are looking amazing.

I just have one thing to say: I love how Honedge attacks.

Back
Top Bottom