• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

Also, weren't the triplets and Lenora officially debuted first when BW was nearing release? We didn't find out the later gym leaders until someone leaked the Gym Leader page in the game manual.

But yeah, Homika and her type doesn't seem very "first gym"-y. Seeing her with an old Pokemon is somewhat disappointing, but I guess after a while they have to show some old Pokemon (in game and anime) to keep it from going to stale from seeing wild Patrats and Deerlings everywhere. It also doesn't help that the anime only has about 20ish Unova Pokemon left to debut.

I'm somewhat hope Shizui has a Simipour, but that's my bias speaking...>_>

Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

And everyone in Unova has had three Pokemon except for the first two. I don't know what this whole "she looks like she's from the city" thing is supposed to mean given that Brock, Falkner, Roxanne, Roark, and the Striaton brothers were all first gym leaders that were found in cities, and Roxanne was found in one of the larger settlements of Hoenn. Not to mention that you start in a city. There's also a port city in SW Unova.

However, I doubt Shizui is an early-game leader. He has an Ace Trainer as a gym trainer and the website says he gives the player advice a few times. If he's playing a larger role and appearing early in-game to give advice, it would explain why he's revealed early. Homika's profile doesn't indicate any role outside of being a gym leader.

Okay, you have a point, she was revealed early...

But part of me wonders if we're really going to get all new gym leaders. I keep wondering if some of the old ones will return...

Edit: I was kind of referring to her rather 'out there' appearance. But nevermind that part, I'm not thinking very straight today.

I don't think that "early Gym Leaders are revealed first" rule necessarily applies here, since after all, these are sequels and there's a good chance that most of the other Gym Leaders will be the same as in BW. The strong possibility that we'll get more than 8 Gyms (doesn't have to be 16, maybe 10-12) is also worth noting. If Homika has a Koffing (in contrast to Weezing) and only two Pokemon, though, than I don't think it wouldn't be a stretch to say she has a good chance of being the first Gym Leader, or at least an early one.

If Ash has to ask what Koffing is, I am going to cry.

But that would be cool.

Homika looks like the first Gym Leader.

There is probably a Gym in Hiougi City, so I don't think she will be the first Gym Leader.
Maybe the second or the third.

And she will probably have a Scolipede, which is a very strong Pokémon for a first Gym.

At the very least, Whirlipede.

If Ash has to ask what Koffing is, I am going to cry.
This is the exact quote I predict he'll say: "Oh wow, a Koffing!" *whips out PokéDex likes it's nobody's business* "I remember those!" *no flashback at all, Arceus forbid he refer to any older episodes ever*

Edit: Also, Freeze Shock did neutral damage to Kyureshiram, so that proves that it will stay Dragon/Fire type-wise.
EditEdit: Actually, if it is Dragon/Ice, it'd be neutral too, so... forget you read anything.

At the very least, Whirlipede.

Yeah. Which still isn't the best Pokémon for a first gym match.

Not much surprising here to be honest. Koffing was already guessed by a few. Battling rival as usual

What level does Koffing evolve again? Its about 35. So we're at least under 7th leader if that helps. I'm going to say 1st because her gym's not in the main nearby area, so there's a chance of her being closer to the hometown

What level does Koffing evolve again? Its about 35. So we're at least under 7th leader if that helps. I'm going to say 1st because her gym's not in the main nearby area, so there's a chance of her being closer to the hometown

I guess she will be the 2nd or the 3rd leader.

Edit: Also, Freeze Shock did neutral damage to Kyureshiram, so that proves that it will stay Dragon/Fire type-wise.

Actually, that was just regular Reshiram. Only Kyu-Zekrom was present in today's pokemon smash battle, if you're referring to this: ★ Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 - Gameplay Footage Part 2/2! Reshiram VS Black Kyurem! (Pokemon Smash 4-15-12) - YouTube

Also, I'm fairly sure that they've confirmed that Kyurem will remain Dragon-Ice regardless of form. So, yeah, sorry to burst your bubble (-beam, I only added this last bit for the pun)

Anywho, I'm wondering who the other gym leaders will be. I'm personally hoping for Elesa, and Skyla to remain as gym leaders, mainly for the types they use. Still, I'd like all of the past Unova gym leaders to appear in some way in these games, and hopefully some cameos from other region natives.

Ugh, Azurill are going to be in the game, that's really quite boring, who wants an azumarill (eventually) anyway? There are many far better pokemon out there, even in gen V alone.

Ah well, I'm looking forward to catching a Riolu and Eevee.

Last edited:

It is also confirmed that both formes are still Dragon and Ice types (ドラゴン.こおり). I believe that this is the first time this has been revealed.

No, we've known about that for awhile.

Not much surprising here to be honest. Koffing was already guessed by a few. Battling rival as usual

WHO??? Where was anyone predicting that she'd have a Koffing before it was revealed???

No, we've known about that for awhile.

I didn't :p

@Keldeo94; - I think he was referring to this picture.

Just realised something - if Homika is truly the first Gym Leader, it looks like Snivy users will be fucked over again. Thanks Game Freak.

@Keldeo94; - I think he was referring to this picture.

Just realised something - if Homika is truly the first Gym Leader, it looks like Snivy users will be fucked over again. Thanks Game Freak.

When were you fucked over the first time? Grass is usually strongest against the first leader, only time it wasn't was Johto, and BW1 when all the starters were weak against the first leader. Also if you pick Snivy you will have an easier ride against the 2nd gym leader the water guy. (I'm assuming water guy is 2nd) Also, before fighting Homika, you will probably be able to get a ground or psychic type somewhere in the wild.

Last edited:

WHO??? Where was anyone predicting that she'd have a Koffing before it was revealed???
In the Gym Leader thread in the Black 2/White 2 section, some users noticed Koffing signs in her gym.

I'm putting my money on Homika being the second Gym Leader anyway, with a Koffing and a Whirlipede (or the first, with a Venipede instead).

Last edited:

In the Gym Leader thread in the Black 2/White 2 section, some users noticed Koffing signs in her gym.

I'm putting my money on Homika being the second Gym Leader anyway, with a Koffing and a Whirlipede (or the first, with a Venipede instead).

If she is the second Gym Leader, which is quite possible, then is it safe to assume that there will be at least one new Gym Leader? The first Gym probably resides in one of the towns in southwest Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom