• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

Just realised something - if Homika is truly the first Gym Leader, it looks like Snivy users will be fucked over again. Thanks Game Freak.

God... She isn't the first Gym Leader.

First, someone pointed out that Hiougi city have a Gym and I'm absolutely sure that Homika does not live in that small city. Second, obviously she will use Whirlipede or Scolipede. GameFreak will be screwing new players if they drop a damn Scolipede in the first gym. Third, people are assuming she is the first because she have only two Pokémon. But guess what, Lenora also have only two Pokémon. Fourth, poison type in the first Gym? Very unlikely.

Obviously, this is just my opinion.

This is why I think we will get at least one or two more new leaders. One for Hiougi and other for... Village Bridge, lol.

Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

Yeah, I think Homika is the second gym leader, and the water gym is the first gym. Basically, it screws fire over like in Gens I, III and IV (and water types, too), and in gym 2, Grass. Kinda balanced.

Yeah, I think Homika is the second gym leader, and the water gym is the first gym. Basically, it screws fire over like in Gens I, III and IV (and water types, too), and in gym 2, Grass. Kinda balanced.

I also don't think Shizui is the first leader.
My opinion is based on two points: The Ace Trainer in his gym and because there is a gym at Hiougi City.

I think that the phantom unrevealed 3rd gym leader is a possibility here but are they really going to put a gym in Hiougi? It could be anything as far as we know. If there is a gym make it dark type for fairness' sake

This is the exact quote I predict he'll say: "Oh wow, a Koffing!" *whips out PokéDex likes it's nobody's business* "I remember those!" *no flashback at all, Arceus forbid he refer to any older episodes ever*
Satoshi only scans Pokémon like Dogasu just for little kids that watch only the anime, the writers have no choice but to do so. I think he knows he's seen older Pokémon before.

I think that the phantom unrevealed 3rd gym leader is a possibility here but are they really going to put a gym in Hiougi? It could be anything as far as we know. If there is a gym make it dark type for fairness' sake

Maybe the leader is someone we know from BW, like Cheren or Bianca, thus they chose to not reveal them to us yet.

Maybe the leader is someone we know from BW, like Cheren or Bianca, thus they chose to not reveal them to us yet.

Possibly, but I don't think that Bianca's a candidate for being a Leader. Maybe Cheren but considering their so far alienation of the other characters makes me think that Cheren won't be here at all

We have hardly seen anything of the game, so I don't think we should just rule out appearances.

i think Homika will be the 1st gym leader. I can't see them starting off with a water gym, as water is one of the starting elements. Also, people say the gym in Hiogi city will be first, but what if it's like the gyms in Viridian and Petalburg, where we come across them first but don't actually get to battle them until later in the game.

Also, the Koffing signs in her gym plus the fact she's appearing with Koffing in the anime would suggest Koffing as her main Pokemon. I can't see a Koffing being very challenging, for anything other than the 1st gym.

Rival Sprite, at first, looks like a poorly edited FR/LG sprite of Gary, but that's because of the poor quality, but once you see it in action, I was surprised, it's not only three frames like the previous trainer animations, but a fluid animation of several frames, possibly consisting of several moving parts like the Pokemon animations are. I really like how ALL the trainers are animated now, it makes them all seem alive.

Also, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott for the starters again :I, was really hoping for something different for once rather than the Juniper set because of the expanded pokedex, but oh well...

The aesthetic changes in this game are what's mostly drawing my attention right now. That opening sequence, the swaying plants in the route, the reflections in the water...

I love how fluid the new trainer animations are. It looks like we'll be getting them for all trainer classes this time.

Same thing with the pokemon animations. I wonder how many of them were redone. Although if it was a lot of them, I sort of wish they'd use that effort to give the pokemon some more animations other than a single idle... or maybe clean up their back sprites from being blown up.

Smash pointed out Oshawott's new animation. Osha throws his schalchop from one paw to the other. Snivy's new animation doesn't look too different and Lillipup's is the same. Of course, the latter's new animation probably wasn't done yet before the demo was made, so I wouldn't worry about it until the game is actually out.

i think Homika will be the 1st gym leader. I can't see them starting off with a water gym, as water is one of the starting elements. Also, people say the gym in Hiogi city will be first, but what if it's like the gyms in Viridian and Petalburg, where we come across them first but don't actually get to battle them until later in the game.

Also, the Koffing signs in her gym plus the fact she's appearing with Koffing in the anime would suggest Koffing as her main Pokemon. I can't see a Koffing being very challenging, for anything other than the 1st gym.

Bugsy's HGSS team is decorated with giant, Spinarak-esque spiders and he had a Spinarak in the anime (iirc). But he doesn't even own a Spinarak in the games. We can't say for sure that Koffing is her main/strongest Pokemon. She probably still owns a Koffing though, so that still could put her anywhere toward the front of the list of gyms, since it's not the strongest Pokemon in the world, as you said.

Bugsy's HGSS team is decorated with giant, Spinarak-esque spiders and he had a Spinarak in the anime (iirc). But he doesn't even own a Spinarak in the games. We can't say for sure that Koffing is her main/strongest Pokemon.

Hence me using the words "I think" and "would suggest" ;)

The Viridian/Petalburg thing occurred to me too. If there's a gym in the starting town you're almost certainly not going to have access to it until later: the games have been pretty consistent in their pattern of Starting Town - Route - Gymless Town - Route - Town with First Gym. I could see the intervening town maybe being skipped, since the starting town has a Pokemon Center, but having the hometown contain the first gym would be downright strange.

Also: while I think it's highly likely Homika has a Koffing and is an early gym leader (possibly the first), bear in mind that Koffing isn't proof of that: Koga used them in Red and Blue.

Also: while I think it's highly likely Homika has a Koffing and is an early gym leader (possibly the first), bear in mind that Koffing isn't proof of that: Koga used them in Red and Blue.

That's true too. It really just depends on her other Pokemon.

One thing that I and my brother both thought immediately after seeing her is that she has a lot of design aspects similar to Scolipede. (pictures below) Her guitar is striped like its horns and has a similar color scheme to the Pokemon. Plus, her spiky hair may be a reference to the spikes (or horns) that the Venipede line share. I know it also goes along with her punk look, but it could draw inspiration from multiple places.

181px-545Scolipede.png
homika.png

Interesting. As usual as new games get revealed.

Does the scene when Black Kyurem hits Reshiram with Freeze Shock hint at a critical hit, by the way? Since the announcement of the games i've been speculating about the stat build of the new Kyurem formes, thinking, because they are one legendary Pokémon equipped with the power of another, their base stats should exceed 700 (well, at least in my opinion).

I am still curious about this "steam dragon"-creature which is shown along Snivy in the openingof Black 2. I guess it is not an actual Pokémon , it seems to be related to the musical/film-thing to me (maybe a dressed Pokémon?).

I am still curious about this "steam dragon"-creature which is shown along Snivy in the openingof Black 2. I guess it is not an actual Pokémon , it seems to be related to the musical/film-thing to me (maybe a dressed Pokémon?).
That was a robotic Tyranitar.
I've been meaning to mention this but, anyone else notice Black Kyurem's cry is the same as Zekrom's? I think I might hear a small difference, however, I'm not sure.

This was interesting... I thought that they would reveal more than that, but at least it's something.

I like the new city! Nice and big! But something I noticed that seems odd: I don't see a Pokemon Lab. Does that mean that Nuvema Town will still be the location of Unova's Pokemon Lab?

Another thing: Who is that walking into the players house at the begining? (Could it be Professor Juniper?) Edit: Scratch that... I just looked at a better video. Definitely not Professor Juniper (and, the person didn't even go into the house :dumb:)

One more thing I noticed: Black Kyurem had to charge up before using Freeze Shock. That puts to rest any rumors about B/W Kyurem's ability negating that.

Anyone notice the narrator say "Oh my god!" when reviewing Black Kyurem's victory?

:lol: Yeah, that was funny!

Last edited:

I've been meaning to mention this but, anyone else notice Black Kyurem's cry is the same as Zekrom's? I think I might hear a small difference, however, I'm not sure.

I was just looking at that, its definitely Zekrom's cry, but it somehow doesn't sound as mechanical. I guess a slightly remixed version of Zekrom's cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom