• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Pokémon

Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Pokémon Smash ...

In a special appearance on Pokémon Smash, Junichi Masuda and Takao Unno brought a copy of Pokémon Black 2 Version which the hosts of Smash were allowed to premiere to the audience. The gameplay featured the intro video to the game, as well as the female trainer obtaining her first Pokémon and battling against the rival trainer.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

She has a Koffing! It's not a Weezing, but it's the next best thing; something that can conceivably evolve into Weezing during the episode!!

Re: Pokémon Smash reveals news about Black 2 and White 2 and M15: New episode of Poké

She owns a Koffing?

Totally shipping Homika with James now.

How long has it been since we saw a Koffing in the anime? This means her in-game team is most likely Koffing and Venipede/Whirlipede.

Also, isn't it Takao Unno, not Umino?

How long has it been since we saw a Koffing in the anime?

Not counting movie openings, the last Koffing appearance was during the Tag Battle arc in Sinnoh, it was used by this one competitor.

Weezing's last appearance, however, was that of James's Weezing. As you can see, we are way overdue for a Weezing appearance, and if it is made here I will forgive the writers for every single mistake they've ever made, ever.

Also, isn't it Takao Unno, not Umino?

The kanji for his name could be translated as both. But looking at Unno's photo, it does look like him, so I've corrected it.

Kinda disappointed that the gym leaders will be using non native Unovian Pokemon now :/ It all becomes so samey when they do that. Like rebattling the gym leaders in platinum felt very similar to rebattling their corresponding types in HGSS. Also it ruined Johto as apart from that cursed Miltank the first 5 Johto gym leaders only used Kanto pokemon.

There was real potential with the Water guy, if he ends up with a Buizel or something I will cry. Sometimes in the anime, the Gym Leaders have Pokemon they don't have in games, but Koffing seems quite out of the blue, so I think maybe it will be in the games.

EDIT: Also interesting in the video, they showed you picking your starter, but not who gave it to you. They cut that bit out. Maybe our dear Juniper is currently indisposed, and unable to carry out her official duties.

Last edited:

How exactly did HGSS ruin Johto? The gym leaders were otherwise the same as they were in GSC.

I think it has something more to do with demand and the like. I myself was certainly not too thrilled with the Pokemon initially native to Sinnoh for example, and Platinum's additions were quite welcomed in my opinion. (Especially in the fire type department...) In some ways, I kind of feel the same in regards to BW. The available wild Pokemon, and I mean Pokemon available early on prior to the national dex, is a little limited. Since I don't want my team in Black (which I got today) to be too similar to my team in White, I'm trading over some eggs to it as soon as I get the chance. I'd rather build a team using my favorites or a team revolving around Pokemon that I would like to try out, than to build a team using native Pokemon that I'm otherwise not too fond of. Don't get me wrong though, I think Gen 4 and Gen 5 do have some good Pokemon.

How exactly did HGSS ruin Johto? The gym leaders were otherwise the same as they were in GSC.

I worded it badly. I made 2 separate comments first I said
Kinda disappointed that the gym leaders will be using non native Unovian Pokemon now :/ It all becomes so samey when they do that. Like rebattling the gym leaders in platinum felt very similar to rebattling their corresponding types in HGSS.

then I said
Also it ruined Johto as apart from that cursed Miltank the first 5 Johto gym leaders only used Kanto pokemon.
I didn't mean HGSS had ruined Johto, although I understand why you would think I meant that. I meant Gym leaders using Pokemon from previous gens, ruined Johto.

I think it has something more to do with demand and the like. I myself was certainly not too thrilled with the Pokemon initially native to Sinnoh for example, and Platinum's additions were quite welcomed in my opinion. (Especially in the fire type department...) In some ways, I kind of feel the same in regards to BW. The available wild Pokemon, and I mean Pokemon available early on prior to the national dex, is a little limited. Since I don't want my team in Black (which I got today) to be too similar to my team in White, I'm trading over some eggs to it as soon as I get the chance. I'd rather build a team using my favorites or a team revolving around Pokemon that I would like to try out, than to build a team using native Pokemon that I'm otherwise not too fond of. Don't get me wrong though, I think Gen 4 and Gen 5 do have some good Pokemon.

Yeah it just comes down to how you personally play it. I like to pretend I'm in this whole new world (as the johto opening sequence suggested :p ) and want to try out the new mons and battle the new mons. That's why I loved BW so much for doing this, rather than the same old Pokemon popping up wherever you went. Electric leaders using Magnemite, Water leaders using Gyarados, etc.

But I do accept there are those who like to mix and match and I wouldn't want to destroy their fun either.

I like that there's a poison gym after all this time. Shizui makes me curious what happened to the triplets since their gym is frozen, and there's a new Water leader. Maybe they'll play along with the Shadow Triad theories? :p All and all, I'm very excited for these games.

Also it ruined Johto as apart from that cursed Miltank the first 5 Johto gym leaders only used Kanto pokemon. I didn't mean HGSS had ruined Johto, although I understand why you would think I meant that. I meant Gym leaders using Pokemon from previous gens, ruined Johto.

I don't see how that ruins Johto in the slightest. So what if someone uses a Pokemon from a previous generation? Flint uses a Flareon in his Platinum rematch, does that ruin Kanto for me? No it doesn't, and Kanto still remains my favorite region to this day. I don't see what's the matter with someone using a Pokemon from an older generation.

Homika looks like the first Gym Leader.

Black Kyurem was boss in battle. I'm somewhat disappointed with the intro, though.
New back sprites is new. Usually, new back sprites aren't introduced until the next generation.
Anyone notice the narrator say "Oh my god!" when reviewing Black Kyurem's victory?

Wow all of this news is great, and it will be great seeing Koffing in the anime again!

Homika looks like the first Gym Leader.

Which first gym leader?... I don't think she looks like anyone else.

Oh... Okay, not one of my finer moments...

I don't really think that she would be the first, myself. I don't know, poison-type just doesn't really seem to fit as a typing for the first gym, not to mention that her design looks like she may be suited for a larger city that may not necessarily have the first gym. But hey, I could be proven wrong.

She's definitely early on. She only has two Pokemon.

She's definitely early on. She only has two Pokemon.

So did Whitney of Goldenrod. And Chuck of Cianwood. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom