• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash X and Y Anime Promo

That won't be the case sadly. They have to reuse move animations just so they don't waste to much of their budget on having 10 different animations for 1 move.

Nice!

Keeping my expectations mid-level, but at least what we've seen so far is fairly encouraging :)

And it looks like mega-evos ain't all their cracked up to me...

The trailer looks awesome. Ash looks much better than he did for the past 3 years and mega blaziken looks epic. I do hope that they save Mega Garchomp for Ash or Cynthia to show off. I also enjoyed the scene with all the blatant automobile cameos. Maybe Honda is paying them to advertise their cars in pokemon so this can happen.

If car advertising is what it takes for them to keep the animation this good, I'd be totally okay with it. :3

Im all for it. Hey If i see Pikachu rolling around in a Cadillac Escalade or heck even an Opel Ampera, id be really happy. Heck im just happy enough that Garchomp kicks the front of a Honda so i can say i am now excited for those city based episodes

So, people are claiming Serena knows Ash, or Shoko said that apparently?

I've seen a pretty interesting theory, if it's not simply a "I saw you on television!" thing like with Max, what if Serena is one of the Pallet Town Trainers that started out alongside Ash and Gary? Give her a Bulbasaur (or Venausaur for Mega Venasaur) and, BAM, there you go, you advertise the old Kanto Starter giveaway in XY as well as setting up a future Mega Evolution.

Maybe he escaped from jail and fled to Kalos and is creeping around giving trainers Mega Stones to ~bring out their Pokemon's strength~.

Did he go to jail? I thought he got off because "lol I was just doing it for science" even though he probably killed (off-screen) countless people by freezing Opelucid.

what if Serena is one of the Pallet Town Trainers that started out alongside Ash and Gary?
Only if there is a flashback of Serena beating that samurai dude from the fourth episode :p But really, I totally approve of the idea.

Game!serena may fit that mold, but not anime serena. I'd find it more believable if she and dawn went to the same preschool or something (and thus knew about ash indirectly)than her being the anime version of leaf.

Eh, we know nothing about anime Serena yet, how exactly does her game counterpart "fit that mold" and she doesn't? She has nothing to do with Dawn, it was supposedly mentioned that she knows Ash. I really don't know why people keep bringing Dawn all the time when speculating about Serena.

Actually looking at Serena's face in her artwork (my avatar), she looks kinda douche-y, exactly like another certain Kanto trainer, so while I don't believe the scenario Garren suggested will happen, it could perfectly happen should that be what the writers want.

She looks like a noob who is just starting. The dawn thing was just a ridiculous scenario on par with her somehow being one of the 3 pallet failures.

Serena being competent and not a beginner would have been plausible had they used her actual game design. Not the de aged girl the anime turned her into.

She looks like a noob who is just starting.

Uh no, she doesn't. There are only two pictures of Serena, one is nothing but an artwork. How does she look like a noob?

Actually, never mind. I don't even know why I am replying to this.

So, people are claiming Serena knows Ash, or Shoko said that apparently?
She said that Serena is a new trainer that Ash has met before.

I've seen a pretty interesting theory, if it's not simply a "I saw you on television!" thing like with Max, what if Serena is one of the Pallet Town Trainers that started out alongside Ash and Gary?
Both theories are ruled out by the wording. She's a new trainer, so she can't be one of the Pallet trainers; Ash has met her before, so she didn't merely watch him on TV.

Considering all the connections to Kanto and the fact that the player character moves to Vaniville Town in the beginning of the games, it is likely that the player character originates from Kanto. The anime could be faithful to the games in that regard (even though they de-aged Serena). Perhaps Ash and Serena are childhood friends, but they were separated when she moved to Kalos.

Did he go to jail? I thought he got off because "lol I was just doing it for science" even though he probably killed (off-screen) countless people by freezing Opelucid.
He was arrested in the anime.

Serena being competent and not a beginner would have been plausible had they used her actual game design. Not the de aged girl the anime turned her into.

Stylistic differences do not equate to magical age changing plot elements.

I reckon the anime will be the usual: a small amount of high quality animation episodes, and then the usual fair like we saw in Best Wishes. Budgets are allocated, they'd have a set amount for use for the next year. It doesn't work like a piggy bank - they need to make a profit.

THIS. Finally, someone with common sense.

Wow, the cars in Kalos aren't all big jeeps. It's nice to see some variety among the cars.

Theory time: Ash's "reaction" towards Mega Blaziken is due to Mega Pokemon emitting aura which he's able to sense.

I'm prety sure that the reaction is cause he's wondering why the hell Blaizken has fire shooting out of its arms and is black. You would too if you didn't know of Megas.

Anyway, holy crap at the animation. Serious budget hike confirmed. And again, ash is likely older, by a year at best.

I love these images. I actually like Serena's outfit compared to the game. It looks more appropriate. And I'm also interested in the invention that Clemont is carrying on his back. I hope he's one of those characters that is always making different machines that can help out. Maybe cooking would be an option. And Bonnie is so cute!

I love these images. I actually like Serena's outfit compared to the game.!
I agree. I think Serena's outfit in the anime is much better than the games. Especially the shoes :D

I am curious as to how Serena "met Ash" before. I don't think they would've made a big deal out of it if they were to meet in the BW finale.

Don't really like the loo of Serena or the Gym Leader guy who will join. Forget his name. I expected the gym leader guy to look edgy and hardcore etc.

I'm okay with Clemont's design but Serena should have kept the sunglasses over the hat. It would look better along with her rival hairstyle over the normal one.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom